The Student Room Group

What does it take to get a U?

Hi,

I'm just wondering what a person has to do to get a U in every unit of his A level Biology? Does he have to try hard to not answer any questions or answer almost all incorrectly or is it relatively easy?
Asking on behalf of a friend who's best subject is biology which he always got As in and he ends up getting a U out of the blue! It's definitely going to be appealed but it is strange.

Thanks
Weirdly enough, I got a U on all units of my French exam, but a D as the final grade! Doesn't seem to add up, I wonder if they've screwed up this year :s
I can tell you from experience how to get a U - you'd need to either do a really bad job of answering the questions in the paper, or run out of time before you've answered enough questions. It's pretty easy, but I wouldn't try it :smile:
I'd assume just writing your name on the paper would get you a U.
I got a U once randomly when I'd had high As for every other module. Was so out of the blue, never found out why. My guess is that I somehow answered the wrong question, or that there was a mix up with the papers.
Reply 4
Original post by Jesse_Pinkman
Weirdly enough, I got a U on all units of my French exam, but a D as the final grade! Doesn't seem to add up, I wonder if they've screwed up this year :s
I can tell you from experience how to get a U - you'd need to either do a really bad job of answering the questions in the paper, or run out of time before you've answered enough questions. It's pretty easy, but I wouldn't try it :smile:

Were you with edexcel? I've a suspicion they screwed up a lot! Your not the first person I came across saying this...my friend finished all exam papers in time and even checked over them, also he even got extra paper for some of his answers we because he clearly had a lot to say...doesn't seem like U material to me..
Reply 5
Did he write in blue pen?
A friend of mine saw that she got a U for an exam and she called up the exam board and turns out she had actually got a B - a story worth sharing I think :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by TajwarC
Did he write in blue pen?

It was black.
Reply 8
Original post by Bridget Jones
A friend of mine saw that she got a U for an exam and she called up the exam board and turns out she had actually got a B - a story worth sharing I think :smile:

Really? How did she find that out since he also called the exam board to see if it was a mistake but they said they couldn't tell him his results over the phone for data protection purposes.
Original post by AlexKay99
Really? How did she find that out since he also called the exam board to see if it was a mistake but they said they couldn't tell him his results over the phone for data protection purposes.

No idea! But she said that they asked for her details and etc. Should also mention that this was Biology too...

Quick Reply

Latest