The Student Room Group

Urgent: Verifying results from 2 years ago?

Only have school results slip which shows AS and A level results,, is this fine as a "final transcript"?

Don't have any certificates as I didn't pick them up. Stressed out if they don't accept me!
That should be fine, however some universities may want this on official college headed paper.

Can you not see if your college have a copy of your certificates still? They should still do although they be closed as results day was yesterday.
Original post by Slowbro93
That should be fine, however some universities may want this on official college headed paper.

Can you not see if your college have a copy of your certificates still? They should still do although they be closed as results day was yesterday.

I tried again, & they are not accepting them! They need my certificates, what can I do? They are saying the course is nearly full and wont hold my place. My sixth form isnt open till wednesday
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Princess Kawaii
I tried again, & they are not accepting them! They need my certificates, what can I do? They are saying the course is nearly full and wont hold my place. My sixth form isnt open till wednesday

You cannot do anything, sorry

It is entirely possible that your college will not have your certificates anyway

The emergency certificate replacement from Edexcel takes unto 5 days, I imagine other boards are similar

When you say that your sixth form is closed until Wednesday - there may be admin staff in so you could try going in on Monday
Reply 4
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Only have school results slip which shows AS and A level results,, is this fine as a "final transcript"?

Don't have any certificates as I didn't pick them up. Stressed out if they don't accept me!

Contact the school exam office - they may not be open but there may well be someone there. Ask if they still have the certificates, if they don't (and they are allowed to destroy them if you haven't collected them after a year) then ask if they will confirm your results to the university. This will usually suffice.
Original post by TenOfThem
You cannot do anything, sorry

It is entirely possible that your college will not have your certificates anyway

The emergency certificate replacement from Edexcel takes unto 5 days, I imagine other boards are similar

When you say that your sixth form is closed until Wednesday - there may be admin staff in so you could try going in on Monday

Original post by Compost
Contact the school exam office - they may not be open but there may well be someone there. Ask if they still have the certificates, if they don't (and they are allowed to destroy them if you haven't collected them after a year) then ask if they will confirm your results to the university. This will usually suffice.

Thank you all for the replies! I've checked on OCR and WJEC and it take up to 20 days to process the application for certificates.
I will get in touch with my school asap on monday to see. Hopefully it will work out.

Quick Reply

Latest