The Student Room Group

Extended Essay writer's block [s]confused[/

My EE q's is 'Are Richard Dawkins's views on Faith correct/right?'

Even though I've researched, taken notes and planned my essay when it comes to writing it out I always end up getting nowhere... staring at the screen feeling overwhelmed.

I need to write it soon, having already missed the 1st draft deadline, I'm worried I won't get the opportunity to have it assessed more than once before it's sent off.

:'( help?
Reply 1
I get writers block a lot too. One way I found of working around it, was to go and explain my answers verbally to a friend, just discuss the topic. Once you have done that, record yourself answering the essay questions verbally. You can have your resources near you to check for information. Play back the recording and write down what you have said. Then you can just make alterations and edits to the essay until you have it exactly the way you want it.
Reply 2
Original post by Mistiene
I get writers block a lot too. One way I found of working around it, was to go and explain my answers verbally to a friend, just discuss the topic. Once you have done that, record yourself answering the essay questions verbally. You can have your resources near you to check for information. Play back the recording and write down what you have said. Then you can just make alterations and edits to the essay until you have it exactly the way you want it.

Thanks! That's a good idea, I'll try it out for sure :smile:
This is an interesting title: what subject does it fall under, and what subject teacher is your supervisor?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending