The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

I am in a similar situation :/ I looked at Jamworks, which provide private university halls, and they said they would try and put me in with first year students. It's £120 a week, with all the luxuries included! so it's not to bad
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Believable_Jeff
I applied for non-catered, en-suite accommodation in the on-campus Crown Place/Vine Court sites but have got an offer for a catered room with shared facilities in the off site Rankin Hall (e.g. my accommodation offer is literally the opposite of everything that I applied for/wanted).

Any advice?

I am in a similar situation :/ I looked at Jamworks, which provide private university halls, and they said they would try and put me in with first year students. It's £120 a week, with all the luxuries included! so it's not to bad
Original post by Believable_Jeff
I applied for non-catered, en-suite accommodation in the on-campus Crown Place/Vine Court sites but have got an offer for a catered room with shared facilities in the off site Rankin Hall (e.g. my accommodation offer is literally the opposite of everything that I applied for/wanted).

Any advice?

I'm going to have to cancel my double bed crown place offer as I can't afford to live otherwise, so take my offer :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for crown place single, got carnatic dale hall for 15 WEEKS whilst they look at finding accommodation for me.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by hellsbellshelen
I applied for crown place single, got carnatic dale hall for 15 WEEKS whilst they look at finding accommodation for me.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow! Hopefully they will find it for you, they can't leave you homeless!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm looking at private accommodation but need the dates for student loan payments for liverpool uni... Because I originally thought I was going to apply for leeds uni, I have their term dates.

Does anyone know the dates on loan payments for liverpool? It can be found on the the summary letter from SFE
If I decline my accommodation offer do they send a different option or do I end up with no accommodation? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1647
I applied for crown place and vine court but have been put in Carnatic - Morton House which is the complete opposite of what I applied for as it is a shared bathroom, catered and miles away from the uni... I am not a happy bunny! Thinking of looking into private accommodation but I have no clue where to start or maybe just taking a gap year :frown:
Any ideas?
is ANYONE in Dale Hall, Carnatic because im getting really stressed and annoyed, if it is single sex I am going to be so ****ed off.
Reply 1649
Original post by poppy_v
is ANYONE in Dale Hall, Carnatic because im getting really stressed and annoyed, if it is single sex I am going to be so ****ed off.

I'm in Dale Hall too, have a look on the Liverpool Freshers facebook group theres hopefully a few more people on there!
Original post by Dan-SB
I applied for crown place and vine court but have been put in Carnatic - Morton House which is the complete opposite of what I applied for as it is a shared bathroom, catered and miles away from the uni... I am not a happy bunny! Thinking of looking into private accommodation but I have no clue where to start or maybe just taking a gap year :frown:
Any ideas?

Have a look at sanctuary students for private accommodation.
Original post by Changing Skies
If I decline my accommodation offer do they send a different option or do I end up with no accommodation? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as above :smile: I heard someone else mention it so don't know anything about it :smile:
Original post by jb_
I'm in Dale Hall too, have a look on the Liverpool Freshers facebook group theres hopefully a few more people on there!

ah thank god, ive had a look and no one is on there? have you seen any? like there are also facebook pages for rankin, lady mountford etc but not one for dale.
does anyone know when freshers week actually starts and people can move in as well because i havent had an email or anything and its just stressful
Reply 1652
Found this for Dale Hall https://www.facebook.com/groups/373106391799/

And the accommodation contract starts on the 20th so you can move in from then
Original post by jb_

Original post by poppy_v

I'm in Dale Hall, we're only there for 15 weeks; spoke to them over the phone and they actually don't have a clue where we're gonna be put after that!
I'm looking at private accommodation, its so stressful!
I applied for crown place single, double and vine court single and didn't get any of my choices! Complete the opposite of what I want, need to pay out for a bus pass but don't know how long i'll need one for and AHHHHH
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I called up and asked for different accommodation and the woman sounded pretty threatened hahaha... If you manage to swap please let me know, Dale Hall is the complete opposite of what I want!
Reply 1655
I'm in Dale Hall, we're only there for 15 weeks; spoke to them over the phone and they actually don't have a clue where we're gonna be put after that!
I applied for crown place single, double and vine court single and didn't get any of my choices! Complete the opposite of what I want, need to pay out for a bus pass but don't know how long i'll need one for and AHHHHH

What private accommodation sites you looking at?

Forgot about the bus pass :unimpressed: Not ideal
I think I really messed up on the calculations, I'm awful at maths but I did it a silly way when looking at how much i'll have on my first term.

Basically on the 24th September I'll get my grant payment of £1129.00 and the loan payment of £1274.46
so 1129.00 + 1274.46 = 2403.46
I have16 weeks until my next installment comes into my bank, all 16 weeks need rent paying for (apparently we pay rent over Christmas break? :s-smilie:)
124.95 x 16 = 1,999.20

so 2403.46 (grant and loan) - 1999.20 = 404.26

404.26 - 16 = £25.26

I've probably really embarrassed myself with that wrong formula but yeah, I'm very worried. Specially baring in mind that this is my cheapest accommodation, Vine Court single is something over £130 and Crown Place double is something in between :eek:

Ok so I think this situation may not actually be as bad as we thought! (I may be wrong)
On the Liverpool uni payment page, it says the rent is split into three equal amounts.
So rather than paying for 16 weeks, you'll instead be paying for 13 weeks.
E.g. my rent is about 5,000. So, that split into 3 would be about £1,700, rather than £2080, which would be 16 weeks of rent.

I hope I make sense! :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jb_
Found this for Dale Hall https://www.facebook.com/groups/373106391799/

And the accommodation contract starts on the 20th so you can move in from then

thank you very much !

what? how come i've not heard any of this when they told me on the phone that that was where i had been put?
Has anybody else's accommodation application details/confirmation/payment/stuff just completely disappeared from the online account thing after you accepted the room offer? :unsure:

so I've gone from having a room in a place I really didn't want to be to potentially having no room at all. great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending