The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what Victoria halls (UBS) is like? That's where I have accepted my accommodation offer but don't really know much about it.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by M.Wahid
Anyone know what Victoria halls (UBS) is like? That's where I have accepted my accommodation offer but don't really know much about it.

Have you looked at its website? It seems to have some information on there: http://manchester-ubs.victoriahall.com/
Reply 1982
is anybody studying pharmacy in september? i'm moving from ireland and im terrified!
Original post by Kamila21
Guys I'm worrying - has anyone else not heard anything about accomodation despite being accepted onto a conditional offer? (Law LLB :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:)

I've not heard anything yet but Origami told me to give it a few days :smile: Some people have heard but I've applied for Whitworth Park and Sheavyn and I haven't seen anyone get a spot in those from a conditional. If I've not heard by next Thursday I might call up but I'm hoping I will before that! (Science with an Integrated Foundation Year :biggrin:) x
Original post by katearch
Yay! Me too

WOOOOOH!! What accomodation have you got?
Is anyone studying Physics with Astrophysics?? :biggrin:
Anyone else choose/get Victoria Halls?
Original post by PromiseKim
I shall be chilling with you guys on occasion ;D I'm a bit of a "club-pub" type of person :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course/halls are you studying & in? Soooo glad not everyone is up for all these DJ sets and clubs- pub nights are always so much better :biggrin:
Original post by flyyoufools
I've not heard anything yet but Origami told me to give it a few days :smile: Some people have heard but I've applied for Whitworth Park and Sheavyn and I haven't seen anyone get a spot in those from a conditional. If I've not heard by next Thursday I might call up but I'm hoping I will before that! (Science with an Integrated Foundation Year :biggrin:) x

I rang them today and the woman over the phone was really nice, she explained that everyone should expect confirmation emails over the next couple of days. I was a little surprised to hear about the payment needed before we get our loans, but that was probably due to my poor research! :colondollar: Are yours in Fallowfield? (Well done!!) x
Oak house anyone? BE.G.46.313 - what does it mean?!
Original post by PromiseKim
I shall be chilling with you guys on occasion ;D I'm a bit of a "club-pub" type of person :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by katw123
What course/halls are you studying & in? Soooo glad not everyone is up for all these DJ sets and clubs- pub nights are always so much better :biggrin:

I'm really happy to know that I'm not the only one. All the talk on the facebook groups of wrist bands and going out every night sounds like my idea of hell!

I'm in Richmond Park and studying Politics and International Relations. What about yourselves?
Original post by M.Wahid
Anyone else choose/get Victoria Halls?

I did (my first choice).
Original post by mahamxa
yaaay where are you coming from? :smile:

I'm from Walsall (it's near Birmingham). Do you know what accommodation you've got?
Original post by aadamafc
Had my place for Politics and Modern History confirmed earlier. Waiting on on accommodation now, can't wait:biggrin:

Woo - course buddy! :biggrin:
Original post by imapedo
I got A*A*A and my teachers tell me I may be overqualified for Civil Engineering at Manchester and they said I should look on UCAS Adjustment. I hope there are others who have achieved similar or better grades than me at Manchester.. I like being with geniuses...

No - you'll be the only person there with such high grades. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I've had people say to me, "oh you could have gone here, here or here, with grades like yours," but I don't care. I chose Manchester, as when I visited, it felt like home from the very first moment. I placed my happiness over and above bloody university rankings.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DropkickSmurfy
No - you'll be in the person there with such high grades. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I've had people say to me, "oh you could have gone here, here or here, with grades like yours," but I don't care. I chose Manchester, as when I visited, it felt like home from the very first moment. I placed my happiness over and above bloody university rankings.

I had the same thing, my tutors at college really wanted me to accept the higher offers. It took a little while for it to sink in that I was going to the place that felt right, that felt comfortable and I didn't really care what the offer was as long as I could meet it!
No - you'll be in the person there with such high grades. :rolleyes:

But university rankings are the be all and end all of university life, didn't anyone tell you?
Original post by BeccaBoot
I'm really happy to know that I'm not the only one. All the talk on the facebook groups of wrist bands and going out every night sounds like my idea of hell!

I'm in Richmond Park and studying Politics and International Relations. What about yourselves?

I've been worrying about it so much actually! I don't know what halls i'm in yet, but I applied for Canterbury court first so I think I'll be in Victoria Park. I'm doing History :biggrin:

I'm a bit confused about the wristbands actually- do you think if you don't buy one you'll just be left alone in your flat on a night while everyone else goes out? Some of it sounds okay but the huge clubs are just not my thing at all :redface:
Original post by BeccaBoot
I had the same thing, my tutors at college really wanted me to accept the higher offers. It took a little while for it to sink in that I was going to the place that felt right, that felt comfortable and I didn't really care what the offer was as long as I could meet it!

I told my adviser at school, that I felt like the school were only thinking about their "leavers' destinations" list, as opposed to supporting what was MY decision for ME. That shut her up!

Original post by HandmadeTurnip
But university rankings are the be all and end all of university life, didn't anyone tell you?

Oh curses - really?!

I must have missed that memo! :tongue:
Oh curses - really?!

I must have missed that memo! :tongue:

It's ok, just mind yourself in future. We can't have people going around suggesting there might be more to university than rankings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending