The Student Room Group

Textbook and study resources for AQA M3

Hi, I am currently going into year 13 and hope to take M3 next year as an extra unit. As a result I may have to self teach myself some of the content. Does anyone have any advice on which textbook or books that I should buy? Or any other study resources that u could use? Thanks.
Original post by Firefox23
Hi, I am currently going into year 13 and hope to take M3 next year as an extra unit. As a result I may have to self teach myself some of the content. Does anyone have any advice on which textbook or books that I should buy? Or any other study resources that u could use? Thanks.

I have asked a similar question in the past. I was advised by a TSR member to get Understanding Mechanics (Sadler and Thorning). I'm only on M2 at the moment so can't be utterly certain about its use for M3 but I did buy it and it looks well presented.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Reply 2
Original post by Firefox23

If there's an AQA M3 book, use that first (I have one from many years ago but don't know if they still do a printed version).

Not sure what's in the AQA syllabus now, but Sadler and Thorning seems to cover the "usual suspects" - SHM, circular motion and elastic springs/strings etc.
Original post by davros
If there's an AQA M3 book, use that first (I have one from many years ago but don't know if they still do a printed version).

Not sure what's in the AQA syllabus now, but Sadler and Thorning seems to cover the "usual suspects" - SHM, circular motion and elastic springs/strings etc.

I looked at that book on Amazon and read the reviews. According to those the book is written for an older exam series. It was then that I got in touch with TSR for advice.

I'll root out the name of the adviser and post again.
Original post by davros

Oops

It was you who recommended the book although, indeed, not specifically for AQA M3.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47041952&highlight=m3%20textbook

Quick Reply

Latest