The Student Room Group

Best intelligence agency in the world

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sir Fox
Verfassungsschutz, not BND.

Not really, the entire intelligence apparatus failed including the BND.
Original post by SarcasticMel
Not really, the entire intelligence apparatus failed including the BND.

The BND is the foreign intelligence service, it is not tasked with domestic affairs and crime. That's up to the BfV, BKA etc.
Original post by Sir Fox
The BND is the foreign intelligence service, it is not tasked with domestic affairs and crime. That's up to the BfV, BKA etc.

Read up on it, they are in it knee deep man.
Original post by Ggmu!
So why are you acting as if I'm advocating war?

I could just follow your tactic and continue telling you war is terrible (not that you said it's good) because I don't want to respond to your points. That's what you've been doing in every post of mine. Ignoring the content and replying non related posts. Like 'who has more nukes' (nice to see who you were batting for) when the number of nukes isn't important. I tried explaining why and you took that as some kind of advocacy for war.

But I'm glad to know, a fellow Indian doesn't mind their aggressive neighbour state having nukes which can be used on his family and countrymen. Not to mention they have once been on the brink of it and continue to shoot at our border..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pakistan population isnt 1 billion. "Pretty sure they don't. But even if they do, India doesn't need that many"

Reply 64
Original post by ronmack
Pakistan population isnt 1 billion. "Pretty sure they don't. But even if they do, India doesn't need that many"

Its like talking to a brick wall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just responding to your replies.
Original post by Ggmu!

Original post by ronmack
I'm just responding to your replies.

What are you two actually arguing about?! There's no doubt India is the more powerful nation of the two, what use is it to argue about number of nukes? And by the way, India is estimated to have anywhere between 90 and 110 warheads, Pakistan around 120 - negligible difference.
Original post by Sir Fox
What are you two actually arguing about?! There's no doubt India is the more powerful nation of the two, what use is it to argue about number of nukes? And by the way, India is estimated to have anywhere between 90 and 110 warheads, Pakistan around 120 - negligible difference.

Nukes are just waist of money but that's my opinion. I hate when countries go on building nukes while there own people are starving. Well that's just me
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ronmack
Well that's just me.

Not just you :wink:
Reply 69
Original post by Sir Fox

If you take the effort to read our exchange you'll see how he quotes entire posts, boldens one line and doesn't address the rest. He doesn't read what I actually write and just gives an emotionally charged response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends what you mean by "the best", and what area of intelligence. If we're leaving aside SIGINT (in which the NSA would clearly be the best by a very, very long way), then the question is whether you are looking purely at the most effective and professional (obviously the Central Intelligence Agency), or the best keeping in mind their resources. Certainly the KGB First Chief Directorate, during the Cold War, was one of the most effective agencies (though little that it did made a difference to the final outcome). I would say Mossad is probably the most effective in terms of its limited resources and the coups it has pulled off, like the capture of Eichmann, Operation Wrath of God, its efforts in the nuclear field (to obtain technology and blueprints), the comprehensive way they compromised and infiltrated Syrian and Egyptian militaries in the lead up to the 1967 war.
The best intelligence agency in the world would not be known about.
Original post by Darth Stewie
MI6 and the CIA/Mossad are not the same type of groups. the CIA and Mossad are more akin to paramilitary organizations while MI6 have the job of collecting data and passing it on through the appropriate channels. to put it in simple terms the CIA and Mossad do what combined MI6/MI5/Special Branch/various military intelligence agencies do thus they are more effective because they have a much broader job description, have vastly more capabilities than MI6 and are much better funded.

The thread's not about the most effective paramilitary organization though. If MI6 also ran school fetes and a chain of kebab vans would that make it better than the CIA because it now has a broader job description? We have the UKSF for the things the CIA SAD do, so aslong as MI6 is able to effectively pass information on to those who do the dirty work the fact it doesn't actually do the dirty work itself shouldn't matter, especially since such dirty work doesn't fall within the remits of intelligence gathering.

Original post by Darth Stewie

To put this in perspective the UK is estimated to spend around 3 billion dollars on all our intelligence services while the CIA alone had a budget of 14.3 billion dollars in 2013 also keep in mind the US has 17 active intelligence agencies compared to our 3. Mossads funding is classified however it would probably be the same as the CIA's if not more.

Doubtful considering the entire Israeli government budget is $75bn. Infact Israel publically acknowledges the combined budget of it's security services, which is just under $2bn. What we don't know is how that is split between Mossad, Aman and Shin Bet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending