The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do Alevel biology in one year?

So i failed my AS biology, was only one mark of a C. I need to get at least a B to get into my uni course, so I need to repeat my AS modules, whilst doing my A2 ones as well. Is this possible to do? i have to repeat them all next june as I cant do jan modules. Im also doing two other alevels but dont have to repeat my AS modules as i got high marks in both
Reply 1
Original post by sonyliv
So i failed my AS biology, was only one mark of a C. I need to get at least a B to get into my uni course, so I need to repeat my AS modules, whilst doing my A2 ones as well. Is this possible to do? i have to repeat them all next june as I cant do jan modules. Im also doing two other alevels but dont have to repeat my AS modules as i got high marks in both

If you don't have a large work load due to minimal other subjects then yeah it would be fine I think, if you work hard at it.
Reply 2
Original post by Doomlar
If you don't have a large work load due to minimal other subjects then yeah it would be fine I think, if you work hard at it.

Yeah well i find my other too not that difficult and they involve alot of coursework. Hoping for two A's or even A*'s in them by the end of Alevel. I might also get a tutor for biology and go to extra classes and make sure I will be well on track come exam season when revision steps up
Reply 3
Original post by sonyliv
Yeah well i find my other too not that difficult and they involve alot of coursework. Hoping for two A's or even A*'s in them by the end of Alevel. I might also get a tutor for biology and go to extra classes and make sure I will be well on track come exam season when revision steps up

Sounds good! If you're planning to do the full A-level in one year get as much help as you can, but don't forget your other subjects!
Reply 4
You do have a shot, just don't underestimate the difficulty of the A2 modules - they require quite specific exam techniques. On the other hand, you'll have a massive advantage over those not retaking AS modules because unit 5 requires knowledge from the whole A-level. Some people will only briefly recap AS theory but you'll have dedicated more time to it. Go for it!
Reply 5
I did that with chemistry - got a C but needed a B so I resat the AS alongside all my A2s. It was absolutely grim but it paid off as I ended up with an A. So yes, it's possible and definitely worth doing.

If you do though don't even consider just revising it yourself before exams - ask your sixth form/college if you can join an AS class. Yes it's horrendously boring and remarkably patronising in the first few weeks but you'd be amazed how much you can forget in a year. You just have to suck it up and do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest