The Student Room Group

CLEARING CHOICE track update on UCAS..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
just our of curiosity are the uni's open on the week ends?
I had a verbal offer. My track changed 5 minutes after I applied:s-smilie:
Hi there, I am also still waiting to be accepted onto my clearing course, just wondering if anybody knows whether i have to wait until after the university has accepted my application on track to change my student finance or whether i can do this even though i'm still waiting for it to go through on track?
Original post by chloxmarie
Hi there, I am also still waiting to be accepted onto my clearing course, just wondering if anybody knows whether i have to wait until after the university has accepted my application on track to change my student finance or whether i can do this even though i'm still waiting for it to go through on track?

I am still waiting for track to update however I have already changed my student finance in preparation
Original post by Medicinehopeful.
I had a verbal offer. My track changed 5 minutes after I applied:s-smilie:

Do you mind me asking what time you applied and where to?
Reply 25
Original post by tea&scrabble

Nothing helpful to add except to say good luck.

You also need a name change to coffee&scrabble.

Urm I applied for Foundation medicine at nottingham, but I was called up for a place. I had applied there before though. The admissions tutor told me to apply through clearing and she'll accept straight away.

And yesterday morning
Reply 27
Definitely, I did. I don't mind looking keen lol

Who did you call? Admissions or the clearing hotline?
Original post by swind96
Who did you call? Admissions or the clearing hotline?

Clearing hotline. I cant actually find the admissions number. Will the offices be open tomorrow anyway?
Are clearing hotlines open on weekends?
Original post by samba
Nothing helpful to add except to say good luck.

You also need a name change to coffee&scrabble.

Why? Lol
Lots of units are being staffed for clearing on Saturday at least if not Sunday too, I know Brighton Arts faculty are about tmrw. UCAS and Student Finance are open all weekend too.

I received my verbal offer in the morning yesterday and an email straight after. The email said they operate on a First Come, First Served policy and if they make more offers than places, they'll stop accepting people on track once all places are filled. So technically you could be declined, but unlikely at this early stage of clearing when places are still quite abundant.

I put my choice on track at 17:05 yesterday, at 17:25 I had an update to say it had been confirmed but the bit below said it was still waiting for the uni to confirm me. :-s At 20:00 I received an email from UCAS saying congrats, etc my place was confirmed but the option track still said "Still waiting..." My status at the top in the red-pink box all this time said waiting too. So I was a bit worried my choice had only been acknowledged, not accepted. This morning I logged on and everything had updated to confirmed place. I think the system is heavily overloaded and running slow, with a lot more places being available this year and some unis/courses are going to be swamped too.

As long as you submitted a choice you're in the system at least but it wouldn't harm to give the uni clearing hotline a call to ask what the waiting time is for choice acceptance for peace if mind, especially if places are limited. Those lines are being staffed by non-admission tutors so its not like you'll be bugging the person who made you the offer. Be sweetness and polite and they may well chase it up for you too.
Reply 32
Glad it's not just me in this situation! I had to get UCAS to enter my clearing choice because I was still appearing as accepted at my firm choice on my track, even after being released, and even a day later it's still saying the clearing uni is considering my application. They made me an offer yesterday so I'm assuming they won't retract it, but I still feel incredibly nervous at the thought of nothing being confirmed!

I have already changed the details for my student finance though, which I hope isn't me counting my chickens before they hatch :redface:
Original post by amy____
Glad it's not just me in this situation! I had to get UCAS to enter my clearing choice because I was still appearing as accepted at my firm choice on my track, even after being released, and even a day later it's still saying the clearing uni is considering my application. They made me an offer yesterday so I'm assuming they won't retract it, but I still feel incredibly nervous at the thought of nothing being confirmed!

I have already changed the details for my student finance though, which I hope isn't me counting my chickens before they hatch :redface:

http://www.ucas.com/clearing-choices

just saw this now

System overload. They need more hamsters for the wheels...
Reply 35
City University London already gave me a verbal offer and emailed me congratulating me that I have been made a clearing offer since yesterday although they still haven't accepted me through UCAS Track yet. Although we had to email each other back and forth as my A level Maths grade went up from a C to a B because Edexcel somehow made a mistake, and I had to send them evidence of it which I already have.

I think I'm quite right to assume that there is absolutely no way they can reject that offer now because I'd be absolutely destroyed and would end up without a uni if that happens. Not to mention I'm leaving the country this wednesday. Hopefully the uni would accept me on monday.
Reply 36

That's a relief! Have you had any change yet?
Original post by amy____
That's a relief! Have you had any change yet?

Nope. I know that they will pretty much accept it from what Ive researched, but I cant help the anxiety of it all not being confirmed. Pluss, I will end up witha choice of a) the worst accomodation or b) the most expensive accomodation
Track got updated. That's 3 days for anyone still waiting
Track got updated. That's 3 days for anyone still waiting

Congratulations on your place and that you can now relax about track. Its cruel that it can be so slow, I'd be beside myself with worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending