The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow - Firhill Court

Hey! I'm from Northern Ireland, just got my A level results and I got into University of Glasgow for University to study English Literature! Just wondering if there are any other undergraduates in first year staying in Firhill Court this year? Not sure whether I have made the right accommodation choice!
Reply 1
Hey! I'm going into second year at Glasgow Uni (also study English Lit). I stayed at Firhill Court last year and it is honestly the best place to live. I made the most amazing friends and have the best memories and everyone is really sad we aren't living there next year :frown: We recommended it to everyone applying and I know a lot of first years staying there. The flats are lovely and the reception staff are very friendly and helpful. It's of a very high standard compared to other accommodations offered by the uni (if you're ever over at a flat party at Murano you'll understand) haha. Your whole block will also be first year students in the same boat so you aren't alone. But seriously, it's a great place to live and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic first year. Congrats on getting into Glasgow Uni and I hope you enjoy first year as much as I did!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Oh thank god. I've been hearing things like, 'Oh it's rough around that area' etc.

I'm staying at Firhill, doing english lang/lit. So nervous about everything!
Reply 3
Original post by cara41319
Hey! I'm going into second year at Glasgow Uni (also study English Lit). I stayed at Firhill Court last year and it is honestly the best place to live. I made the most amazing friends and have the best memories and everyone is really sad we aren't living there next year :frown: We recommended it to everyone applying and I know a lot of first years staying there. The flats are lovely and the reception staff are very friendly and helpful. It's of a very high standard compared to other accommodations offered by the uni (if you're ever over at a flat party at Murano you'll understand) haha. Your whole block will also be first year students in the same boat so you aren't alone. But seriously, it's a great place to live and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic first year. Congrats on getting into Glasgow Uni and I hope you enjoy first year as much as I did!

Thanks so much! My mind is more at ease now hearing that haha! Great to hear from someone who stayed there! Thanks!x
Reply 4
Original post by jayde_tasmin
Oh thank god. I've been hearing things like, 'Oh it's rough around that area' etc.

I'm staying at Firhill, doing english lang/lit. So nervous about everything!

I heard all of that too! I'm nervous about everything too, are you from Scotland?
Reply 5
i have lived in firhill court
and i can personally say its the best place to live

and the cleanest

the other halls are nasty!! mouldy and stinky

but firhill is amazing if you are lucky you get the view of either a river passing by with swans and baby ducklings

or you get a view of the football stadium... and watch matches and look over the whole city.. on a clear day you can see the wind farm and absolutely pretty
Original post by Lucymcc
I heard all of that too! I'm nervous about everything too, are you from Scotland?

Nope! I'm from North East England :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending