The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kamila21
I rang them today and the woman over the phone was really nice, she explained that everyone should expect confirmation emails over the next couple of days. I was a little surprised to hear about the payment needed before we get our loans, but that was probably due to my poor research! :colondollar: Are yours in Fallowfield? (Well done!!) x

Ah cool cool :smile: I just got my first official direct-from-UoM email about getting accepted earlier so I'm hoping everything else will follow pretty soon! Payment needed before loans? Enlighten me? :P I did barely any research and just went along with whatever :L My top two are City but the map looks like it's more in Victoria. My third option is in Fallowfield just I doubt I'll get that. My sister was in Fallowfield for her last year and even though I liked it, I feel like I'd prefer Vic/City for my first year at least :smile: wbu? (Also gratz! :wink:) x
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by katw123
I've been worrying about it so much actually! I don't know what halls i'm in yet, but I applied for Canterbury court first so I think I'll be in Victoria Park. I'm doing History :biggrin:

I'm a bit confused about the wristbands actually- do you think if you don't buy one you'll just be left alone in your flat on a night while everyone else goes out? Some of it sounds okay but the huge clubs are just not my thing at all :redface:

It's a possibility. There have to be other people who don't like clubs too, according to my friends who have been in a similar situation once one person lets the others know they're not going out just doing pre-drinks or whatever more often than not someone else will say they don't really want to go either. It just depends on the group I guess.

The other thing is though there are so many different wristbands going round (I've seen at least three) that even if you buy now you might not be going to the same place as your flatmates anyway. I think some things you can buy on the door too if it's not full.
Original post by BeccaBoot
It's a possibility. There have to be other people who don't like clubs too, according to my friends who have been in a similar situation once one person lets the others know they're not going out just doing pre-drinks or whatever more often than not someone else will say they don't really want to go either. It just depends on the group I guess.

The other thing is though there are so many different wristbands going round (I've seen at least three) that even if you buy now you might not be going to the same place as your flatmates anyway. I think some things you can buy on the door too if it's not full.

I've looked on the official website thingy and it says there's two wristbands- black or red. You buy them according to which halls you're in and go to the different things on different days. I don't know- might just buy just in case & see when I get there!
Original post by katw123
I've looked on the official website thingy and it says there's two wristbands- black or red. You buy them according to which halls you're in and go to the different things on different days. I don't know- might just buy just in case & see when I get there!

Can you send me a link for the website? Can't find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

Anyone else here doing the science with foundation year? Have you got any info from the uni yet about anything?
Original post by poppymorch
Can you send me a link for the website? Can't find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Took me ages to find too!

http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/welcomeweek
Original post by bekbok
Hey,

Anyone else here doing the science with foundation year? Have you got any info from the uni yet about anything?

Hey! I'm doing it :smile: The only thing I've got is an email from them earlier today telling me gratz and that a guide was on the way in the post, that's all x
Original post by flyyoufools
Hey! I'm doing it :smile: The only thing I've got is an email from them earlier today telling me gratz and that a guide was on the way in the post, that's all x

Thanks, I haven't heard anything from them since them emailing me telling me I had a place through clearing. I'll keep and eye on the post.

Do many people but them beforehand then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week looks so good! Cant wait :biggrin:
Original post by BeccaBoot
I might take you up on that!

Might also be joining you guys from time to time if thats okay :colondollar:

Original post by joeymr
Just got my accomodation offer- Oak House :smile: anyone else in HO (I presume this is Holly?)

I've got holly too :smile: what floor?
Original post by michaela_d
Might also be joining you guys from time to time if thats okay :colondollar:

I've got holly too :smile: what floor?

Floor 2 flat 17 :smile:
Original post by joeymr
Floor 2 flat 17 :smile:

just realised i've seen you on fb :biggrin: i'm nearby, same floor flat 15
what course are you doing?
just realised i've seen you on fb :biggrin: i'm nearby, same floor flat 15
what course are you doing?

Haha are you stalking me? :wink:

Medicine, wbu? :biggrin:
Original post by joeymr
Haha are you stalking me? :wink:

Medicine, wbu? :biggrin:

of course..that's what i do :wink:

neuroscience..do you also get lab coats? I was just asked to order mine and it's making me super excited (in a mature, non childish way obviously) :biggrin:
of course..that's what i do :wink:

neuroscience..do you also get lab coats? I was just asked to order mine and it's making me super excited (in a mature, non childish way obviously) :biggrin:

Haha oh right :wink: I can't see you on there :tongue:
Are you in the Stopford building for your lectures then? I think we do yeah for anatomy, but I haven't been asked to order one :confused: I do get a stethoscope though :cool:
Original post by joeymr
Haha oh right :wink: I can't see you on there :tongue:
Are you in the Stopford building for your lectures then? I think we do yeah for anatomy, but I haven't been asked to order one :confused: I do get a stethoscope though :cool:

I'm contemplating whether I should be all creepy and add you or no hahaha
damn.. a stethoscope? you might as well be a doctor already :grin:
I'm contemplating whether I should be all creepy and add you or no hahaha
damn.. a stethoscope? you might as well be a doctor already :grin:

Haha you can add me if you want :colondollar: Id laugh if its not even me you're facebook stalking :lol:

I know haha, can't wait to rock up to uni with that round my neck :wink:
Original post by katw123
What course/halls are you studying & in? Soooo glad not everyone is up for all these DJ sets and clubs- pub nights are always so much better :biggrin:

I have never had a pub night or a real club night but I'm rather chilled. Wack in some karaoke and I'm ready to go! Hehehe :3
I'm gonna study European Studies and German :smile: and I will be staying at home... I hope I meet people worth meeting despite me not living in halls...what about you?? :biggrin:
Original post by joeymr
Haha you can add me if you want :colondollar: Id laugh if its not even me you're facebook stalking :lol:

I know haha, can't wait to rock up to uni with that round my neck :wink:

ok here goes.. fingers crossed that it's not some random guy :crossedf: :biggrin:
now I'm jealous..you'll totally be the coolest person on campus :rolleyes:

Quick Reply