The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Firmers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DH96
I applied wessex lane, glen eyre and mayflower ...

they said I'm guaranteed accommodation when i rang up, just might take 2-3 weeks!

awhh nice! :biggrin: so EXCITED! do you know when freshers starts?

we should add each other on Facebook!

I think freshers starts on the 21st of september :smile: Add me - my name is Amétis Amy on facebook
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by FlyHigh_er
really? i still haven't got it, but hopefully. did they say that we should apply to these new halls or that if we apply anywhere we will still (most likely) get a place?

ohh you should get yours soon then:smile: , I just applied for mine and picked normally but I did put one of the new places as my 4th choice just in case but I think if we don't get any of our choices then they would (hopefully) offer us the other places available like in the new halls :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by Sun_Bear
cool, are you planning on applying to medicine after?

I did originally want to do medicine but I think I'm just gonna see how the course goes, btw forgot to ask what course are you doing?:smile:
Original post by aj018
I did originally want to do medicine but I think I'm just gonna see how the course goes, btw forgot to ask what course are you doing?:smile:

economics, but i don't see any1 here do economics at southampton, is the course small or something?
Original post by aj018
ohh you should get yours soon then:smile: , I just applied for mine and picked normally but I did put one of the new places as my 4th choice just in case but I think if we don't get any of our choices then they would (hopefully) offer us the other places available like in the new halls :smile:

I still haven't got it, but hopefully I will tomorrow :smile: and yeah that makes sense. Where did you go for 1st 2nd and 3rd?
economics, but i don't see any1 here do economics at southampton, is the course small or something?

What accomodation have you chosen? I got an offer for Richard Nowitt Courts in Glen Eyre. I'm doing economics and politics :smile: Like this page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/politicseconomicssoton and add me if you want ( Amétis Amy
Reply 246

ahh thats good! Haha naah bet theres loads of people :smile:
Reply 247
Original post by FlyHigh_er
I still haven't got it, but hopefully I will tomorrow :smile: and yeah that makes sense. Where did you go for 1st 2nd and 3rd?

yeah you should:smile: , I put wessex, benecraft, glen eyre :smile:
Original post by ataubman
What accomodation have you chosen? I got an offer for Richard Nowitt Courts in Glen Eyre. I'm doing economics and politics :smile: Like this page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/politicseconomicssoton and add me if you want ( Amétis Amy

I haven't applied for accommodation yet, may i ask how you know tom gant? he goes to my school lol
Original post by aj018
yeah you should:smile: , I put wessex, benecraft, glen eyre :smile:

I'm thinking of going Wessex, glen eyre then archers road :smile: I hope there's more spaces in these places
Has anyone accepted their accommodation offer yet? How long does it take and do you have to set up your direct debit/account details straight away to accept the offer? :redface:

Looks like its just you and me doing economics here haha :cry:
Im sure more people will be at the course, since the course is at clearing atm

Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Has anyone accepted their accommodation offer yet? How long does it take and do you have to set up your direct debit/account details straight away to accept the offer? :redface:

I havent yet. I believe that in order to accept your accomodation, you need to enter card details.

Im just not tooooo sure when to do it since i need to set up a student account!
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Has anyone accepted their accommodation offer yet? How long does it take and do you have to set up your direct debit/account details straight away to accept the offer?

I was told on the phone that the person responsible for processing accommodation applications has been off ill so is running a little behind. For peace of mind you can call them on 023 8059 5959; have your student ID number with you. When you log on to your Southampton accommodation account, your offer will be listed on there.

To accept your offer, you are asked to accept into a legally binding contract. You must also provide details of a bank account for a direct debit, or a credit card for automatic payment. Depending on your status, you may or may not have to put down a deposit. Otherwise, you first lump sum payment will be taken from your account on October 10th. Hope that helped! X
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jkizer
Looks like its just you and me doing economics here haha :cry:
Im sure more people will be at the course, since the course is at clearing atm

I havent yet. I believe that in order to accept your accomodation, you need to enter card details.

kl i just chose to do economics at soton in clearing today, i'm thinking of switching to economics and finance tho, have you applied to accommodation yet?
Original post by Jkizer

Ah i see, that's the same with me :s-smilie: I don't know what to do as don't even think i can set up direct debit with the account i have, need to upgrade to a student account on Monday. Hopefully everything goes ok as my offer expires on Thursday :erm: Thanks anyway :redface:
Original post by Mistiene

I was told on the phone that the person responsible for processing accommodation applications has been off ill so is running a little behind. For peace of mind you can call them on 023 8059 5959; have your student ID number with you. When you log on to your Southampton accommodation account, your offer will be listed on there.

To accept your offer, you are asked to accept into a legally binding contract. You must also provide details of a bank account for a direct debit, or a credit card for automatic payment. Depending on your status, you may or may not have to put down a deposit. Otherwise, you first lump sum payment will be taken from your account on October 10th. Hope that helped! X

Ah thank you :redface:
kl i just chose to do economics at soton in clearing today, i'm thinking of switching to economics and finance tho, have you applied to accommodation yet?

Awesome dude. Yeah i beat my offer that Southampton initially gave, so i was thinking of switching courses to maybe something like MORSE, but meh. Not sure if i could handle it (My grades were extremely flukey imo). Also thought about Econ + Finance, but i had some slight taster courses by my teacher and i disliked it xD - Could just be him though!

I applied for wessex + glen and got into Glen eyre :smile: Its the closest to Highfield campus (10 mins walk ish). However Wessex is also pretty nice and i hear (?) has closer access to the bus's - free bus pass for 1st year students i believe, so thats nifty :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys - was wondering whether anyone could help! I'm coming to Southampton this year (yay!) but as the uni was my insurance, my student finance application was to another uni! Does anyone know how I transfer it to southampton? It says restarting an application can take 6 weeks to process (which I think is too late for me in terms of paying uni fees :/)
Doing 4 years Mechanical Engineering! Btw how many people have got accommodation offers, I've been waiting ages
Original post by Jkizer
Awesome dude. Yeah i beat my offer that Southampton initially gave, so i was thinking of switching courses to maybe something like MORSE, but meh. Not sure if i could handle it (My grades were extremely flukey imo). Also thought about Econ + Finance, but i had some slight taster courses by my teacher and i disliked it xD - Could just be him though!

I applied for wessex + glen and got into Glen eyre :smile: Its the closest to Highfield campus (10 mins walk ish). However Wessex is also pretty nice and i hear (?) has closer access to the bus's - free bus pass for 1st year students i believe, so thats nifty :wink:

Yh i see lots of people here applying to Glen eyre and wessex so i might apply there considering they seem so popular

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending