The Student Room Group

GCSE Student Chat thread MK IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzie2
Oh God I hate the aural, I can't sing at all so I always do bad, although in practice my teacher says I am pretty good :biggrin:
Yeah same here but can't remember some of the other ones. I know Spanish is WJEC because it's a stupid exam board
Oh wow, that's strange. There's someone in year 13 who is amazing at the Piano in my school and got an unconditional offer from a uni if he put it as his first option.
Jeez they sound like though A levels, good luck :biggrin:
I only decided I liked economics last year, after I decided to not do medicine at uni :biggrin:

Haha the sight singing part is the part I like best! xD
I did WJEC ICT (compulsory) and it was soooooo boooring!!
Woah, unconditional offers never fail to impress me!! :tongue:
Haha thanks :biggrin: you too! What are you expecting for GCSE?
What are you thinking of doing at uni instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah Bethany
Haha the sight singing part is the part I like best! xD
I did WJEC ICT (compulsory) and it was soooooo boooring!!
Woah, unconditional offers never fail to impress me!! :tongue:
Haha thanks :biggrin: you too! What are you expecting for GCSE?
What are you thinking of doing at uni instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

NOOO how could you like the singing part
haha I didn't want to do ICT because everyone gets behind on it and has to go in over the holidays (although I had to for performing arts folder work :frown: )
Yeah pretty impressive to get a pass straight to uni even if you get 3 Ds
Hmm I am hoping for at least 3A*s and 8A's, but I will probably get something like 1A*, 8A's and 2 B's. What about you?
Probably economics with something, so like maths and economics maybe, not sure yet. Haven't researched it enough yet to know what I want to do exactly. What about you? Something science based?
Original post by ozzie2
NOOO how could you like the singing part
haha I didn't want to do ICT because everyone gets behind on it and has to go in over the holidays (although I had to for performing arts folder work :frown: )
Yeah pretty impressive to get a pass straight to uni even if you get 3 Ds
Hmm I am hoping for at least 3A*s and 8A's, but I will probably get something like 1A*, 8A's and 2 B's. What about you?
Probably economics with something, so like maths and economics maybe, not sure yet. Haven't researched it enough yet to know what I want to do exactly. What about you? Something science based?

Haha because I like singing??! :tongue:
Yeah, I was alright coz I managed to get it all done in time, but I think some people got really low grades coz they didn't go back to finish :L
We had the Berlin trip in the Easter hols (not exactly conveniently placed) so I didn't have much opportunity to go back in to finish anything (although I didn't really need to..)
I got 2 A*s last year and I'm hoping for another 11 A*s this year, but I'm pretty sure there'll be a few As in there, especially in history! Eugh I hate history -.-
Yeah, I'm not really sure yet, but I'd like to do something sciencey! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha because I like singing??! :tongue:
Yeah, I was alright coz I managed to get it all done in time, but I think some people got really low grades coz they didn't go back to finish :L
We had the Berlin trip in the Easter hols (not exactly conveniently placed) so I didn't have much opportunity to go back in to finish anything (although I didn't really need to..)
I got 2 A*s last year and I'm hoping for another 11 A*s this year, but I'm pretty sure there'll be a few As in there, especially in history! Eugh I hate history -.-
Yeah, I'm not really sure yet, but I'd like to do something sciencey! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like singing but I suck at it (some may have heard my amazing singing yesterday :biggrin:
Some people got low grades in my year because they didn't finish. I remember people asking for my friends work because they hadn't completed it all :eek:
Wow a school trip in Easter, you should have been revising :biggrin:
Good luck with your A*s, I could never have imagined getting 11A*'s, was hoping for at least all As
I looove history, that's the one I may have gotten my A* in because I am pretty good at it imo
Science is good, chemical engineering is pretty popular and gets a good job if you wanna do that :smile:
Original post by ozzie2
I like singing but I suck at it (some may have heard my amazing singing yesterday :biggrin:
Some people got low grades in my year because they didn't finish. I remember people asking for my friends work because they hadn't completed it all :eek:
Wow a school trip in Easter, you should have been revising :biggrin:
Good luck with your A*s, I could never have imagined getting 11A*'s, was hoping for at least all As
I looove history, that's the one I may have gotten my A* in because I am pretty good at it imo
Science is good, chemical engineering is pretty popular and gets a good job if you wanna do that :smile:

Haha it's a shame I didn't :wink:
There was a lad in my year who got disqualified for selling his coursework to another pupil! :O
I know! I should have been! Although I did during the 26 hour bus journey and in the 2nd week and constantly from like Feb/Mar :tongue:
No no no no no I hate history too much to remember and I messed up the 2nd exam and nope it was horrible -.-
Yeah I'm not sure which science I'd like to pursue yet, so I'll be considering everything! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha it's a shame I didn't :wink:
There was a lad in my year who got disqualified for selling his coursework to another pupil! :O
I know! I should have been! Although I did during the 26 hour bus journey and in the 2nd week and constantly from like Feb/Mar :tongue:
No no no no no I hate history too much to remember and I messed up the 2nd exam and nope it was horrible -.-
Yeah I'm not sure which science I'd like to pursue yet, so I'll be considering everything! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would have loved my singing, It is amazingggggggg
Wow, my friend was lucky he didn't get disqualified :eek:
You will probably still do better than other people like me anyway :smile:
Ah I'm sure you did fine, history isn't that hard, and by the sounds of it you are really clever
Hopefully your school will give you some guidance as to what career choices there are :smile:
Original post by AngelPhys
I swear everyone hates me here. If you guys don't want me here, I'll just leave. Lol :frown:. Soo mean.

Aww, Angelina!! Sorry! Although you do ask to be disliked sometimes though. Offense kind of intended, sorry. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jshep000
Go forth and multiply you little moron, stop saying lol every single sentence. Stop saying heskey, you watch KSI so you must be year 9 or 10. LEAVE YOU MUG

thx m8
Original post by ozzie2
I don't intend to fight with him, he just loves to bring me into things claiming I bullied him...

Tbh next time he quotes you or gets you involved in a post just ignore it
Original post by ozzie2
You would have loved my singing, It is amazingggggggg
Wow, my friend was lucky he didn't get disqualified :eek:
You will probably still do better than other people like me anyway :smile:
Ah I'm sure you did fine, history isn't that hard, and by the sounds of it you are really clever
Hopefully your school will give you some guidance as to what career choices there are :smile:

I am sure I would have! xD
Yeah, although I don't think he really cared as it was a compulsory subject and I'm not sure many really liked it..!
I like history itself, and like learning about it etc, but I didn't like the lessons or the exams or the revision haha :tongue: tooo maany woordss
Yeah, I'm sure they will, I mean, the have been already for like the last 2/3 years! We have JED (Job Explorer Database) and had careers lessons instead of PSHE at the end of Year 10... I think we have the same in sixth form instead of citizenship of something... Do you ever like randomly have to go to forms instead of a lesson to do citizenship, or is that just us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Thread re-opened.
Back from holiday and the thing I look most forward to is that I can finally poop in my own toilet. Say what?!! Lol.
I am sure I would have! xD
Yeah, although I don't think he really cared as it was a compulsory subject and I'm not sure many really liked it..!
I like history itself, and like learning about it etc, but I didn't like the lessons or the exams or the revision haha :tongue: tooo maany woordss
Yeah, I'm sure they will, I mean, the have been already for like the last 2/3 years! We have JED (Job Explorer Database) and had careers lessons instead of PSHE at the end of Year 10... I think we have the same in sixth form instead of citizenship of something... Do you ever like randomly have to go to forms instead of a lesson to do citizenship, or is that just us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I quite like history lessons, but it really depends on what topic we are learning, modern history is really interesting to me, but I couldn't really care less about tudor England etc. Also I didn't actually do a huge amount of revision for history, just went over my notes and stuff ensuring I knew the dates of things :smile:
Nah, the only lesson we have where we might do something like that is L2L (learn to learn) but it's basically a sit off lesson and I only used it to do Spanish homework on the same day and to revise when exams were coming up. Although we did have some kind of careers meeting and things like that sometimes happen, but I never got a date for mine and couldn't be bothered chasing it up because they probably wouldn't have told me anything new from what other people said about it.
Original post by ozzie2
I quite like history lessons, but it really depends on what topic we are learning, modern history is really interesting to me, but I couldn't really care less about tudor England etc. Also I didn't actually do a huge amount of revision for history, just went over my notes and stuff ensuring I knew the dates of things :smile:
Nah, the only lesson we have where we might do something like that is L2L (learn to learn) but it's basically a sit off lesson and I only used it to do Spanish homework on the same day and to revise when exams were coming up. Although we did have some kind of careers meeting and things like that sometimes happen, but I never got a date for mine and couldn't be bothered chasing it up because they probably wouldn't have told me anything new from what other people said about it.

Yeah, I much prefer modern history as well :smile:
Ah yeah, another school in my area (actually my catchment school but I don't go) does L2L. We don't have PSHE in sixth form, just years 10&11, but we will have random citizenship lessons - in fact, this year we had one in x half's last maths lesson before exams -.-
Haha, yeah, we had so many assemblies on careers and after year 11 that we were all really sick of it by the time exams came around!

Posted from TSR Mobile
RIP in peace GCSE Student Chat thread

Spoiler

Why have all of my messages been deleted?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys!

If you think someone is trolling on here, please just report them instead of replying to what they say. This is for two reasons: 1) It takes ages for us to clean up if you do reply and 2) They want to provoke a reaction from other people.

Thanks. :h:
I'd have thought this thread would be closed.. still, dead thread :rip:

Original post by Trihawk7
RIP in peace GCSE Student Chat thread

Spoiler

:tongue:
I'm in Year 10 now so I will take my place on here. :colone:

Hi! :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest