The Student Room Group

'It's never OK for a man to hit a woman!'

Scroll to see replies

It's never right to hit someone first but I don't see a problem to hit someone else if they hit you first, regardless of age or gender.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

Stupid overused meme. I'm not a badass, I'm smart. I'm not gonna get hit and do nothing like a pussy. That's probably you.
Original post by bittr n swt
Stupid overused meme. I'm not a badass, I'm smart. I'm not gonna get hit and do nothing like a pussy. That's probably you.

Yeah, that's about right, actually.
Don't think it's justo able for either, except in self defence. Or in a jokey playful way.
Reply 24
Original post by RFowler
Genuine self defence is always justifiable, regardless of the genders of the people involved. If a woman or man attacked me I would be perfectly within my rights to fight back. This isn't a feminist issue in any way.

Unless it gets onto social media. The guy is always blamed then, regardless of the situation. This is usually the only time when feminists will comment on the issue.

Such videos occasionally pop up on TSR every once in a while.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Exon
Unless it gets onto social media. The guy is always blamed then, regardless of the situation.

I don't think that would matter. Self defence is self defence, whether people jumping to conclusions on the internet like it or not.
You're right, no one should be hit but you can't just take physical abuse either
eh, anyone is fair game if you ask me ...well unless they are like 5 years old, don't hit me, I won't hit you, simples.
I think everyone should just keep their hands to themselves. But in my opinion, it's justifiable to hit someone in self defense regardless of their gender. I don't get the whole 'but women are generally weaker than men!' rubbish. If a small skinny man hit a much stronger man, no one would say 'That man is much weaker than you don't hit him back'. The response would probably be 'What sort of idiot goes around hitting people that are much bigger than him'. Women who hit men and expect to not be hit back are so ridiculous.

Having said this though, I think when defending yourself, you shouldn't use excessive force (regardless of the attacker's gender). If someone slaps you for example, it's not right to beat them to a pulp.

Just gonna leave this here...I for one think that the dude is totally justified, idgaf if you're the damn queen, strike me and prepare to be struck
It is the distinction that "It is never OK to hit a woman" which gets me; it is never okay to hit either a man or woman as violence is not an ideal solution to any problem. There shouldn't be a distinction made between the biological sexes, and the only time I would say it was justifiable to hit either sex is in self defence.
Reply 31
It's never really okay to hit anybody, but if they want equal rights.

They should come with equal lefts. :ahee:

lol @ calling yourself smart then in the next sentence saying you have to be a pussy to not hit a woman after she hit you with something that you probably didn't even feel because she had no idea how to punch.
Original post by alexschmalex

Just gonna leave this here...I for one think that the dude is totally justified, idgaf if you're the damn queen, strike me and prepare to be struck

Original post by Joe Russell
lol @ calling yourself smart then in the next sentence saying you have to be a pussy to not hit a woman after she hit you with something that you probably didn't even feel because she had no idea how to punch.

How do you know I didn't feel it? What about if she hit me with an object?

Lol at you assuming that woman can't inflict pain on men. Are you a feminist?
Reply 35

Food for thought... what would have happened if that teacher was a man?
How do you know I didn't feel it? What about if she hit me with an object?

Lol at you assuming that woman can't inflict pain on men. Are you a feminist?

If she hit you with an object then I would have no problem with you hitting her back, although I personally wouldn't.

Not what you said though, 'if you hit me i'll hit you'.
Original post by Exon
Food for thought... what would have happened if that teacher was a man?

Nobody would have cared if they were both men, it's only a newsworthy when a woman is being hit. Still would've been justified imo
Original post by Joe Russell
If she hit you with an object then I would have no problem with you hitting her back, although I personally wouldn't.

Not what you said though, 'if you hit me i'll hit you'.

You personally wouldn't because of her gender or because you're a pacifist?

If a woman punches me in my face I'll probably slap her hard in the face. She can't give it out and then not expect to be hit back because she's a woman. There are consequences.
Reply 39
Nobody would have cared if they were both men, it's only a newsworthy when a woman is being hit. Still would've been justified imo

Bingo. The man would've probably been beaten to a pulp and no one would've bat an eyelid because he started the violence. The whole strength argument doesn't come into the equation at any point (because it's irrelevant, not because all men are of equal strength) UNLESS you add a pair of boobs as well.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest