Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Aph
Whats the difference?
On the form it clearly states
NB: Once you request access to script you cannot then request a remark
The rules changed this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you can still get a copy. You can't request the original because there is a chance the answers may be tampered with.
Reply 21
Original post by Blank786
No you can still get a copy. You can't request the original because there is a chance the answers may be tampered with.

I'm sure you're wrong. When did you ro your exams? I'm just repeting what my center told me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Aph
I'm sure you're wrong. When did you ro your exams? I'm just repeting what my center told me

Posted from TSR Mobile

This year in summer! My school even put it on the form that we have for remarks that copies can be made to see if there are any marks you can get. After that a remark is possible
Reply 23
This year in summer! My school even put it on the form that we have for remarks that copies can be made to see if there are any marks you can get. After that a remark is possible

My school specificly put the opposite. What does it say specifically? Like I said we were all told that you can not get access to script then afterwards get a remark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Aph
My school specificly put the opposite. What does it say specifically? Like I said we were all told that you can not get access to script then afterwards get a remark

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says you can request a photocopy of the exam script and then decide after discussing with the department head if you want a remark. Otherwise you could get access to the original script but not be able to get a remark. The photocopies are more expensive than the original scripts
Reply 25
It says you can request a photocopy of the exam script and then decide after discussing with the department head if you want a remark. Otherwise you could get access to the original script but not be able to get a remark. The photocopies are more expensive than the original scripts

I don't have the option to request photocopies I think. Just access and priority access. What exam boards are you with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Aph
I don't have the option to request photocopies I think. Just access and priority access. What exam boards are you with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aqa
Reply 27
Aqa

Im now really confused. Do you think you could send me pictures to use when I e-mail my school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Aph
Im now really confused. Do you think you could send me pictures to use when I e-mail my school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says you can get a copy of the script without affecting a remark on the aqa web
Reply 29
It says you can get a copy of the script without affecting a remark on the aqa web

Ok I'm e-mailing my head then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys i really need some advice so i did AQA Psychology AS and got a C overall, 66 ums for Psya1 and 73 for Psya2 (a C and a B) and I have 139 UMS marks overall I'm 1 UMS mark away from a B should i get it remarked? I was a little bit disappointed because I worked so hard I don't understand?
Reply 31
Original post by tumblrgirl
not sure if i've posted this in the right place but nevermind!
Okay so I got my A level results and I didn't do as well as expected but especially in biology. I've been an A/B student all year and got an A in biology AS last year.
We sat 3 biology papers this year for A2 and I got an E in all three of them. Overall, I got a C thankfully because of the A I got last year.
I wasn't expecting an E in each paper I sat because I didn't think the exams went that badly, I was expecting around at least a C.
The strange part is that I checked on the UMS converter and found that each of the papers I sat this year were bang on the E grade boundary, all exactly the same, one mark less in each of them would have resulted in a U.
So yeah I'm not really an E grade student in biology and I find the UMS situation slightly odd, it's pretty unlikely to get exactly on the grade boundary in each paper.
I managed to get into uni through clearing for my course and that's all sorted, so do you think it's worth having my biology papers remarked, simply for peace of mind?

thanks xx

WOOOOOOW. i am an AS student and seeing this made me so happy!
biology exams were so great for me! i was hoping for an A and got a C. i am so sure thats not my grade! super sure! i have sent an email to my school to requet for a phoyocpy of my result then a remark
im so devasted at this
Reply 32
Original post by damii_oy
WOOOOOOW. i am an AS student and seeing this made me so happy!
biology exams were so great for me! i was hoping for an A and got a C. i am so sure thats not my grade! super sure! i have sent an email to my school to requet for a phoyocpy of my result then a remark
im so devasted at this

Hey, I am in the same situation. I am an A student and I somehow ended up with a D! I am not the only one in my year. Over half the people who took biology got C, D and E grades despite the fact that the majority were predicted A's. My school has had an excellent record number of A* grades in the past and one of my friend's who is a further mathematician and All rounder A student, got a C with a U in the empa!
However, I have heard from some friends who achieved A's, one of which is dropping biology and didn't even care about the exams, he was relaxed about the subject.

Something must be wrong here or my year is screwed :noway:
Reply 33
Nevermind got it

Can you direct me I cant find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tumblrgirl
I feel ya, it's just so frustrating getting grades you weren't expecting having put so much work into it and having been doing well all year :frown: It could be worth getting a copy of the transcript or maybe remarked if you think you did better than what you got! hope it all works out for you! x

I swear it's something about Biology! I love Biology but it's always been a problem in terms of bad papers and dodgy results. I might get it remarked, though. Thank you, I hope it works out for you too :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Djent
Hey, I am in the same situation. I am an A student and I somehow ended up with a D! I am not the only one in my year. Over half the people who took biology got C, D and E grades despite the fact that the majority were predicted A's. My school has had an excellent record number of A* grades in the past and one of my friend's who is a further mathematician and All rounder A student, got a C with a U in the empa!
However, I have heard from some friends who achieved A's, one of which is dropping biology and didn't even care about the exams, he was relaxed about the subject.

Something must be wrong here or my year is screwed :noway:

i just think AQA did sth bad. because i have never been so sure in my life. but im so sure that with that exam i did bag an A.
i wish i knew what to say or do. but you could request for a phoyocopy?
Reply 36
Original post by damii_oy
i just think AQA did sth bad. because i have never been so sure in my life. but im so sure that with that exam i did bag an A.
i wish i knew what to say or do. but you could request for a phoyocopy?

I have requested a photocopy of each unit and my biology teacher will go through it with me when they come in mid September.

I genuinely hope it is an error because I genuinely thought biology was my best exam series this year. I love biology and that A grade is the basis for my university application. ><
Reply 37
Original post by arfah
Demand a remark. They marked it wrong/had already given enough high grades, so had to lower yours. Trust me, they do this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what the? they do not do that trust me...
Reply 38
Original post by lawla1205
Hey guys i really need some advice so i did AQA Psychology AS and got a C overall, 66 ums for Psya1 and 73 for Psya2 (a C and a B) and I have 139 UMS marks overall I'm 1 UMS mark away from a B should i get it remarked? I was a little bit disappointed because I worked so hard I don't understand?

if its 1 ums off then yea go for a remark
I have a similar issue with AQA, I've also been a A/B grade student all year for all my subjects, for AQA Psychology A I got a B for AS and in my Unit 3 ended up getting a U???? No idea how that works. It's basically said I got like 12/72 marks which I'm telling you, sounds ridiculous? I have no idea if that's a mistake or if I just really ****ed up?

I got into my insurance choice which I'm happy with, but the overall C grade doesn't look good next to me A and B...

Quick Reply

Latest