The Student Room Group

uni offer choices

I applied to queen Mary genetics course, what is it like there?
(edited 9 years ago)
When you filled out your original application did you put your two Bs as A2s and your biology B as an AS? As long as you did that your unconditional stands and it sounds like Queen Mary still want you and don't see your D as a problem. So go enjoy yourself it doesn't sound like they'll withdraw your offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should have queried this when you got the offer to be honest.
Reply 3
They can't withdraw anyway now that's it unconditional I believe. Relax and go celebrate.
I think queen mary just want the D, But congratulations, they must really like you as a person and feel as thought youll make great contributions to the university so accepted you. Take a breather have fun before its work work
But the grades I put in and modules were what I got, ucas have a system were they check with exam boards before they pass on ur grades to uni. So even if they did mistake my AS b with A Level, wouldn't edexcel have not verified this grade as I had not achieved it??? :/ so confusing
Original post by ZeroIgnition
I have queried this, my teachers told me that it was okay, On my Ucas I put all the B 's, maybe they took it as 3B's at a level, I kept calling them yesterday as I got my grade yesterday if they'll still accept me and if there's been a mistake, all they have said is it doesn't matter even if you got an E it's still unconditional, I have spoken to several different advisers. I don't know what exactly to do, what if on enrolment they say 'oh sorry there must've been a mistake on your Ucas we assumed you got BBB' I mean I don't want to be uni-less, I called and happily asked to be withdrawn but they keep saying don't worry. I'm calling them again on Monday to speak to an admission tutor, if there is a mistake I want to be withdrawn, it is only fair.

Once they've given you the unconditional the only way they can take it away is if you give them permission, they've basically signed the contract with you already. So don't worry they can't turn around when you turn up and tell you to go away :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ZeroIgnition
I have queried this, my teachers told me that it was okay, On my Ucas I put all the B 's, maybe they took it as 3B's at a level, I kept calling them yesterday as I got my grade yesterday if they'll still accept me and if there's been a mistake, all they have said is it doesn't matter even if you got an E it's still unconditional, I have spoken to several different advisers. I don't know what exactly to do, what if on enrolment they say 'oh sorry there must've been a mistake on your Ucas we assumed you got BBB' I mean I don't want to be uni-less, I called and happily asked to be withdrawn but they keep saying don't worry. I'm calling them again on Monday to speak to an admission tutor, if there is a mistake I want to be withdrawn, it is only fair.

If they're saying that then everything is fine! Stop worrying. There is no mistake.
Original post by Syedishtyaq
I think queen mary just want the D, But congratulations, they must really like you as a person and feel as thought youll make great contributions to the university so accepted you. Take a breather have fun before its work work

Hahaha :biggrin:
"I think Qm just want the D"
Original post by shalla13
Hahaha :biggrin:
"I think Qm just want the D"

It was intentional hahah :wink: just in case u didnt get it lol
Original post by Syedishtyaq
It was intentional hahah :wink: just in case u didnt get it lol

Yes yes indeed I did :smile:
Everything is okay yay thanks for the help!!!
Sometimes life gives you a chance. The biggest mistake one can make is not to take them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest