The Student Room Group

Applying for Recorrection - EDEXCEL

I got my A2 results on Thursday and they were not what I expected. I got a B for Bio. This is to me seemed ridiculous since I did the papers well, I knew every friggin answer. I don't know what went wrong during the marking session. Is it my handwriting? It's decent but not perfect. I am positive I wrote all the correct points for the all the questions. Will I see a huge increase in recorrection?
Reply 1
I'm in the same boat for AQA. However I have my uni place confirmed so don't really want to chase it. But it's playing on my mind so don't know what to do.
Reply 2
Hand writing doesn't count. But if it readable then good. Examiner's are there to read all types of handwriting. Therefore you've got nothing to worry about. What was your AS result? Overall results complete A-Level what did you get?
Reply 3
Original post by Sena5
Hand writing doesn't count. But if it readable then good. Examiner's are there to read all types of handwriting. Therefore you've got nothing to worry about. What was your AS result? Overall results complete A-Level what did you get?

AS I got 4A's. A2 I got A*BBB
Reply 4
Original post by Blobar
I'm in the same boat for AQA. However I have my uni place confirmed so don't really want to chase it. But it's playing on my mind so don't know what to do.

I'm planning on doing medicine in Aussie and they're asking really high A2 marks.
Reply 5
Original post by NilFBosh
I'm planning on doing medicine in Aussie and they're asking really high A2 marks.

Yeah I'm doing dentistry at Plymouth this year. I may just get my script back and see what went wrong, it's playing on my mind too much.
Reply 6
AS I got 4A's. A2 I got A*BBB

That's perfect. Mistakes only take place where you may sometimes have made silly mistakes or for wrong answers, or for wrong method steps. Getting that result is excellent. Try looking at university websites and see the requirements they need with the course you intend to learn at uni. Send them an email privately saying your results and how would your acceptance will be taken though the admissions at their university. Best Wishes, dude!
Reply 7
Original post by Sena5
That's perfect. Mistakes only take place where you may sometimes have made silly mistakes or for wrong answers, or for wrong method steps. Getting that result is excellent. Try looking at university websites and see the requirements they need with the course you intend to learn at uni. Send them an email privately saying your results and how would your acceptance will be taken though the admissions at their university. Best Wishes, dude!

For medicine all the uni's in Aussie require A*AA. So there's no use in emailing them :smile: but still I was a straight A student. Biology is my subject. I need an A for bio. And I'm positive 90% of my answers were correct since I discussed the paper with my friends and they got A*'s for Bio :frown:

And do you think with my current A2 results can I study medicine in London? just out of curiosity
Reply 8
For medicine all the uni's in Aussie require A*AA. So there's no use in emailing them :smile: but still I was a straight A student. Biology is my subject. I need an A for bio. And I'm positive 90% of my answers were correct since I discussed the paper with my friends and they got A*'s for Bio :frown:

And do you think with my current A2 results can I study medicine in London? just out of curiosity

Entry to uni is not only seen by A2. It's seen AS and A2 together overall.
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110310091831AA50fos

Open a thread at medicine forum. You will get responses.

Here is a list of UK Medicine universities. You have to see each university website and look into their entry requirement.
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=medicine
Reply 9
Original post by Sena5
Entry to uni is not only seen by A2. It's seen AS and A2 together overall.
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110310091831AA50fos

Open a thread at medicine forum. You will get responses.

Here is a list of UK Medicine universities. You have to see each university website and look into their entry requirement.
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=medicine

Thanks but I have to wait another year before I can start the course. I'll try searching in Aussie/.
Reply 10
Thanks but I have to wait another year before I can start the course. I'll try searching in Aussie/.

Another alternative is you have to learn one degree first and do medicine next degree if you don't have the required entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest