The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else put Whitworth Park as their top choice for accommodation or been accepted? Also any other dentists? :P
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hey all- studying zoology!
Can't wait to see you all there.
Reply 2042
Hey guys, I'm in Richmond park and I'm seeing a lot of reviews that say "if you don't like fun, come here" or "all the enjoyment is sucked into the souls of the nearby ghoulish residents of OP" and other stuff to that effect - have to admit I'm getting a little worried! Anyone else in Richmond/know what to expect?

I'm not bothered about 3 different clubs every night of the week, but I do want the student experience, and will want a decent social/nightlife.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2043
Original post by Zyra
Awesome! Hopefully see you there! ^__^

Did you get Richmond?? If so, what are you expecting from it in terms of social/nightlife? seen a few really negative reviews :frown:
Who's buying the Welcome Week wristband from the Student Union?
Reply 2045
Original post by BeccaBoot
I just got my accommodation details, Richmond Park Hall W. Ground floor. Is anyone else on here near by?
Also, is there anyone about going to do Politics and/or International Relations?

I'm doing English Lit and just got Richmond - have you any idea what to expect from the social/nightlife there? I've seen a lot of reviews that say It's really boring :frown:

p.s Well done on getting in!
Original post by Ryfy
I'm doing English Lit and just got Richmond - have you any idea what to expect from the social/nightlife there? I've seen a lot of reviews that say It's really boring :frown:

p.s Well done on getting in!

I think it's a little bit quieter than some of the other fallowfield halls. Owens Park and Oak house are the ones I've heard of being proper party places. I think the social life is still pretty good though.

You could always make friends with people in the noisier halls?
course buddies!
Any fellow medics here? :P
Oak house BE.2.56.379 anyone?
Original post by FutureHeartSurg

me!
Original post by FutureHeartSurg

Me! Do you know where you're staying yet? :biggrin:
I'm worrying now, still no e-mail off the university so I can choose accommodation, I don't want to have to commute from Liverpool as the new train line atm means the trains are off quite abit of the time so its risky.

Is there anyone I can contact today about me getting my Uni ID to start sorting accommodation out does anyone know?
What's the internet access like at Oak House (Fallowfield)?
Original post by aadamafc
I live 5 minutes away, glad to know I won't be the only person from the Black Country at the university!:biggrin:

:biggrin: What course are you on?
Original post by SophieLaw_
I'm worrying now, still no e-mail off the university so I can choose accommodation, I don't want to have to commute from Liverpool as the new train line atm means the trains are off quite abit of the time so its risky.

Is there anyone I can contact today about me getting my Uni ID to start sorting accommodation out does anyone know?

Have you checked your original offer letter? Your ID should be on there, or have you come through clearing?

Either way, the admissions department's email address is [email protected]

You can also contact the accommodation office at [email protected] if you specifically want to ask about accommodation.
Original post by joeymr
Me! Do you know where you're staying yet? :biggrin:

Sweet dude!! Look forward to seeing you there :biggrin: No, not yet unfortunately... you?
Original post by flamegoblin0
me!

Nice one, see you around!
Original post by Hirsty3359
What's the internet access like at Oak House (Fallowfield)?

All the rooms have an ethernet socket.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Have you checked your original offer letter? Your ID should be on there, or have you come through clearing?

Either way, the admissions department's email address is [email protected]

You can also contact the accommodation office at [email protected] if you specifically want to ask about accommodation.

Thank you, I swapped from Sheffield to Manchester so I have no ID off them yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending