The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3640
Original post by Kruz
Mourinho asked if he has to win a trophy this season: "Why? Some managers have 10 years to win something. I have only two?"

I don't remember Arsene saying anything about him recently.

Arsene barely retaliates - he's got class.

Mou is a little ****. He needs drama& attention. Before it was vs Fergie, in the La Liga it was vs Pep and now the mug wants an issue with Wenger.

I can't stand him. Sure he's a good tactician but he's got no class. I don't rate him - ****ing mug
Mou has got an underlying fetish for calling Wenger out all the time. I can imagine Mou in his office obsessing over what he wants to say next about Arsene in the media, running it by all of his assistants to ensure jimmy rustling factor is maxed out cos he thinks he's in this war of words with Wenger. Arsene just thinks its minor, bet he barely calls it a feud tbh.

This one kinda feels unintentional though, 10 just seems like a number you would say subconsciously but w.e.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Mou has got an underlying fetish for calling Wenger out all the time. I can imagine Mou in his office obsessing over what he wants to say next about Arsene in the media, running it by all of his assistants to ensure jimmy rustling factor is maxed out cos he thinks he's in this war of words with Wenger. Arsene just thinks its minor, bet he barely calls it a feud tbh.

This one kinda feels unintentional though, 10 just seems like a number you would say subconsciously but w.e.

I think Mourinho has a personality disorder tbf.

Lol what has Mourinho said now about Wenger?

There's no competition between Mourinho and Wenger, everyone knows that.
Original post by Kruz
Mourinho asked if he has to win a trophy this season: "Why? Some managers have 10 years to win something. I have only two?"

I don't remember Arsene saying anything about him recently.

Source? Haven't seen this anywhere
Original post by AnharM
Lol what has Mourinho said now about Wenger?

There's no competition between Mourinho and Wenger, everyone knows that.

^^ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/11037979/Jose-Mourinho-takes-a-swipe-at-Arsene-Wenger-and-says-Chelsea-are-contenders-for-Premier-League-title.html

That's what doesn't make sense about it though, it would make more sense if Wenger was tryin it on with backhand comments against him because of the record on the pitch between them two. He tries his hardest to bait Wenger, the conclusion being a straight up ignore or defusing the situation instead of escalating it.
(edited 9 years ago)
I genuinely think Mou resents AW because he simply doesnt know how to act with decorum and class, and goes entirely the other way in some kind of rebellion against Arsene's pure decency. A psychologist would have a field day with these insecurities.

End of the day, when Roman is giving Mou 15 minutes to clear out his desk in May, and Mou is wondering if Inter Milan are hiring, Wenger will still just keep ignoring him.
^^ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/11037979/Jose-Mourinho-takes-a-swipe-at-Arsene-Wenger-and-says-Chelsea-are-contenders-for-Premier-League-title.html

That's what doesn't make sense about it though, it would make more sense if Wenger was tryin it on with backhand comments against him because of the record on the pitch between them two. He tries his hardest to bait Wenger, the conclusion being a straight up ignore or defusing the situation instead of escalating it.

He's a genius with his words imo. He says these things on the spot, whereas guys like us would wait and think of a witty response.

I like managers who create tension and rivalry. It's entertaining, it's box office stuff, only makes the games more interesting. Chelsea v Arsenal last season for example, especially when it was Wenger's 1000th game, and all the papers were writing about the **** Mourinho said about Wenger, only makes the game more interesting to watch. You would have thought the Arsenal players would put their body on the line for Wenger in that match and put Mourinho in his place, but no.
Reply 3648
" “Why? Some, they have 10 years to win something. I have only two?"

Some how this is being a genius with words
Original post by AnharM
He's a genius with his words imo. He says these things on the spot, whereas guys like us would wait and think of a witty response.

I like managers who create tension and rivalry. It's entertaining, it's box office stuff, only makes the games more interesting. Chelsea v Arsenal last season for example, especially when it was Wenger's 1000th game, and all the papers were writing about the **** Mourinho said about Wenger, only makes the game more interesting to watch. You would have thought the Arsenal players would put their body on the line for Wenger in that match and put Mourinho in his place, but no.

Lol you Chelsea fans and your **** fest over Mourinho. How does this constitute as being a 'genius'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnharM

The actual football is meant to entertaining part not managers showing disrespect to their fellow professionals. Only 13 year olds think what Jose says is funny or interesting. The reality is what Mou says is lacks class and is just down right disrespectful.

There really aren't that many managers who create "tension and rivalry" through bashing other managers.

Arsenal vs Chelsea is an interesting game anyway regardless of who is in charge. You don't need to promote it through trash talk like a Frank Warren fight.

If it's "box office stuff" and trash talk your looking for I suggest you start watching WWE mate. Sound like something you might enjoy
Original post by sevchenko
The actual football is meant to entertaining part not managers showing disrespect to their fellow professionals. Only 13 year olds think what Jose says is funny or interesting. The reality is what Mou says is lacks class and is just down right disrespectful.

There really aren't that many managers who create "tension and rivalry" through bashing other managers.

Arsenal vs Chelsea is an interesting game anyway regardless of who is in charge. You don't need to promote it through trash talk like a Frank Warren fight.

If it's "box office stuff" and trash talk your looking for I suggest you start watching WWE mate. Sound like something you might enjoy

Was it class when Zidane headbutted Materazzi and got sent off in a World Cup Final?

Was it class when Rivaldo dived against Turkey in the World Cup?

Was it class when Maradona used his hand to punch the ball into the net against England?

Was it class when Benitez said **** about Chelsea's flags, and their fans?

Was it class when Cantona kicked a fan?

No, of course it wasn't. But people remember these things. Arsenal fans will always remember Mourinho calling out Wenger the same way Benitez called out Chelsea. At the end of the day, it's all publicity. It makes the sport very interesting when people do/say things out of the ordinary.

As with WWE, nah don't watch that ****.
Mou is absolutely not a genius with his words. He likes to get a reaction but in reality it's just that Mourinho has the x-factor in a game for some reason, similar to SAF.

He says one thing and does another and I don't respect that. Great coach but I'd genuinely dislike playing for Mourinho unless I was the best player in the team and/or a status player. It's why Torres plays for Chelsea and Lukaku doesn't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
It's why Torres plays for Chelsea and Lukaku doesn't.

He just doesn't give youth a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Webster2002
He just doesn't give youth a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Half yes and half no. At Inter when he had to balance a treble winning campaign he played Balotelli a lot, he had the most appearances in a season in his career until last season when he was a starter at Milan under Mourinho.

Santon also got a good amount of games under Mourinho at Inter. Would say that his Inter spell was easily his best spell as a manager.
Reply 3655
Right so, today we'll probably play the same team as Sunday except maybe we'll start with Giroud.. So:

Sczcensy
Debuchy Chambers Kosc Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Sanchez Wilshere Cazorla
Giroud

With Campell, Ox and probably Flamini to come on at some point

5.30 feels like an eternity away :/
The season starts today. So excited.
Arsenal better beat crystal palace. The start of the season is an indication that the summer holidays are almost over:frown: for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
Right so, today we'll probably play the same team as Sunday except maybe we'll start with Giroud.. So:

Sczcensy
Debuchy Chambers Kosc Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Sanchez Wilshere Cazorla
Giroud

With Campell, Ox and probably Flamini to come on at some point

5.30 feels like an eternity away :/

I think We'll use the 4-1-4-1, with the same team as last week. It;s a very strong formation that suit Arsenal well without Ozil
Start of the season = 2nd new years day. Nothing like it. :adore:
Reply 3659
I think Mourinho is a really competitive narcissist with a superior complex and needs an enemy that he can pit himself against constantly for the kicks. If there isn't a natural one around he will try to create one. I used to like him when I could only read his quotes in the papers (I was probably also influenced by media bias), but having heard him speak in press conferences the past season I have to say he has all the charisma of a dead fish. I have no idea why the press love him so much.

Original post by SHOO
Mou is a little ****. He needs drama& attention. Before it was vs Fergie, in the La Liga it was vs Pep and now the mug wants an issue with Wenger.

I can't stand him. Sure he's a good tactician but he's got no class. I don't rate him - ****ing mug

Original post by Tom_Ford
I think Mourinho has a personality disorder tbf.

Latest