The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futuredoctorVSB
Can't really choose specifically(it's allocated), but I've filled the form towards Astor from the UCL halls, and some of the intercollegiate ones! :smile:

Just done mine, 1 day before deadline hahaha.

Ahhh I've only chosen Connaught, College Hall and UCL Halls (towards Ramsey) and different combinations at each so I'll get one of them I hope :rolleyes:
Original post by Razer_M
Just done mine, 1 day before deadline hahaha.

Ahhh I've only chosen Connaught, College Hall and UCL Halls (towards Ramsey) and different combinations at each so I'll get one of them I hope :rolleyes:

Ahah, lovin' it! In the nick of time :wink: Nice one bud! Those are some good selections! Might see you around haha!
Anyone struggled/struggling between a UCL and an Oxbridge offer? I really can't decide between the two for my firm :frown:
Original post by oyyoyy
Anyone struggled/struggling between a UCL and an Oxbridge offer? I really can't decide between the two for my firm :frown:

Haven't you firmed yet? :erm:
I've firmed Camb and insured UCL, but my choice was a bit easier since the former is A*A*A lol.
So if I manage to get that then cool, Cambridge , if not, cool UCL :yep:

Make a list of pros and cons for each? I was a bit meh tbh about where I ended up until UCL accommodation got sorted and I saw the prices I might be paying compared to Camb :eek:

Its hard to say no to Oxbridge though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
so if i get a B in AS chemistry should i do not apply to UCL or medicine at all? i think i might miss out on an A by a few UMS.
I think you'll have a low chance of getting into UCL with a B in Chemistry. I'm not too sure about other universities. Take a look at their requirements on their websites :smile:

UCL Medical Student
Original post by antonyzac
I think you'll have a low chance of getting into UCL with a B in Chemistry. I'm not too sure about other universities. Take a look at their requirements on their websites :smile:

UCL Medical Student

thanks for the tip. you won't believe how 'tricky' the OCR A chemistry exam was this year! certainly compared to last year.
Original post by onepiece#1
thanks for the tip. you won't believe how 'tricky' the OCR A chemistry exam was this year! certainly compared to last year.

I got into UCL for medicine with a B in AS chemistry, so it's possible
Reply 1388
same!
Original post by onepiece#1

I got in with a B in my AS chemistry, so don't give up hope!

UCL claim to have a 'holistic' approach to the application process, and that certainly rang true for me.

My biology UMS was very high, I had good BMAT scores and personal statement, so I'd say go for it.

PS I did OCR A chemistry so I feel your pain :wink:
Original post by babychocolate
I don't mind, I was rejected after interview. They sent me a letter after which basically said that I was close to getting a offer but that they thought I would benefit from a gap year to gain maturity, confidence and experience or something like that and that I should reapply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your age then?and your grades if you dont mind sharing:smile:you see I missed their application deadline and am an international student and m miserable now.I have an offer from Birkbeck ans SOAS but m fretting what if I dont like them.Even leaving BIrkbeck if I dont like it after a year for UCL is an option in my mind so you know where I ma coming from.
Original post by babychocolate
I'm applying to UCL. I applied last year but got rejected however I really like UCL so I'm applying again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get in
Original post by Larynx.pharynx
I got into UCL for medicine with a B in AS chemistry, so it's possible

Great I was fretting about my results in Law,though they arent here yet.Was worried if I couldnt get in with them next year.missed the deadline,will get result in August.
hi all! im an international student and i received an email from ucl asking to confirm my CAS details before results are out. I logged into the portal but Im quite clueless on how to go about doing it. anyone has any advice?
Original post by antonyzac
Have you had an interview with UCL already then and they gave you an offer? :smile:

Sorry for the very late reply! Turns out I've got the place despite achieving 37 in IB instead of 38!! My next worry is accommodation... does anyone know when we will hear?
Original post by Alimere
Sorry for the very late reply! Turns out I've got the place despite achieving 37 in IB instead of 38!! My next worry is accommodation... does anyone know when we will hear?

I haven't heard anything about accommodation yet either.. Hopefully we will on Monday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alimere

Original post by jared777
I haven't heard anything about accommodation yet either.. Hopefully we will on Monday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied after the deadline :'( so have no idea what to do
Original post by yasmin.mahfouz
I applied after the deadline :'( so have no idea what to do

Oh dear :/ how long after? And I've heard some people being refused already because they applied late, so you might be okay.. I applied before the deadline and still haven't heard :/ I just want to know where I'll be staying really...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jared777
Oh dear :/ how long after? And I've heard some people being refused already because they applied late, so you might be okay.. I applied before the deadline and still haven't heard :/ I just want to know where I'll be staying really...

Posted from TSR Mobile

My UCAS deadline was in june and i was admitted to hospital like a week before the deadline and was stll there for some time after so it was definitely the last thing on my mind and im trying to get that across to them but no one will answer my emails or calls, maybe a week :/? What was your priority
Original post by yasmin.mahfouz
My UCAS deadline was in june and i was admitted to hospital like a week before the deadline and was stll there for some time after so it was definitely the last thing on my mind and im trying to get that across to them but no one will answer my emails or calls, maybe a week :/? What was your priority

How come your deadline was in June? :s-smilie: Oh no, hope it was nothing too serious.. I doubt anyone would be in at the weekend, your best bet would probably be to start ringing from 9 on Monday :smile: My priority was proximity, yours? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending