The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

GMS - Lasdun Pictures

Hi guys, basically last year when I got assigned 'Lasdun' I was horrified. The pictures of it from the outside make it look like a complete hole. The worst part was that I couldn't find any pictures of the inside, meaning I had no idea what to expect, so I vowed to post pictures here so no one had the same uncertainty as me. So here it is. My glorious room. You can expect to have something similar if you get placed in Lasdun.

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/0OeLo

Hope this helps someone! :smile:
Reply 1
What is your room type by the looks of the pictures maybe premium single?? And are you self catered or catered?

Thanks
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Megatron94
What is your room type by the looks of the pictures maybe premium single?? And are you self catered or catered?

Thanks

You are correct, it's a premium single room. I'm catered :smile:
Original post by LeicesterStudent
Hi guys, basically last year when I got assigned 'Lasdun' I was horrified. The pictures of it from the outside make it look like a complete hole. The worst part was that I couldn't find any pictures of the inside, meaning I had no idea what to expect, so I vowed to post pictures here so no one had the same uncertainty as me. So here it is. My glorious room. You can expect to have something similar if you get placed in Lasdun.

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/0OeLo

Hope this helps someone! :smile:

Thanks for the insight!! Is this standard? I'm looking into ensuite self catered rooms although since I made it to Leicester through clearing, I don't think there will be a great load of available ones :/
Original post by igcsecrazy
Thanks for the insight!! Is this standard? I'm looking into ensuite self catered rooms although since I made it to Leicester through clearing, I don't think there will be a great load of available ones :/

Hi, sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you, in Italy innit. It's pretty standard across Lasdun, the size changes depending on how lucky you are but not by much. Sorry you didn't get where you wanted, but I'm sure you'll really enjoy it! I hope you've found somewhere to live :smile:
Reply 5
Hey, I'm really hoping your pictures are taken at night cos it doesn't look very well lit in there :s-smilie: But I've been put in catered block DX, have you any clue what appliances will be in the kitchen? Cheers! :smile:
Original post by BeyondCure
Hey, I'm really hoping your pictures are taken at night cos it doesn't look very well lit in there :s-smilie: But I've been put in catered block DX, have you any clue what appliances will be in the kitchen? Cheers! :smile:

Haha, yeah, fear not, I was bored at 1am so tidied it up and took some pictures. You'll have a microwave which doubles up as an oven, a bin, a sink, a fridge and a kettle, but there are sockets for other appliances. E.g someone in my flat brought a george foreman grill.
bump
Reply 8
Out of interest, what was your favourite accomodation?
Original post by ~Cat
Out of interest, what was your favourite accomodation?

Lasdun, obviously :wink:

They all have their merits, but Lasdun will always be close to my heart.
Bump.
What do you think of Mary Gee?
Catered block EX for me. Anyone else???

And I was always looking pics for Lasdun's rooms so those are great help :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AbdulKoyes
What do you think of Mary Gee?

Never been. Went past it on the bus a few times.
Original post by LeicesterStudent
Never been. Went past it on the bus a few times.

Do you know of anyone who lived there? Were they as part of social experiences as everyone else?
not met a single person in block jx,anyone out there? :P
Reply 16
Original post by TheBrownWizard
not met a single person in block jx,anyone out there? :P

I'm in block J!
'm not expecting anyone to answer this, but for the sake of asking, what can you fit in the really narrow cupboard next to the shelves? Like an ironing board maybe? :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending