This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WelshBluebird
Welcome :hugs:

Reply 41
Original post by SweetNothing
Okay so, I've changed Nasri for Eriksen (I think he'll be awesome for Spurs this season). I just wish I knew who'd get their game between Jovetic and Dzeko, cause Dzeko is consistent but Jovetic is finally showing his worth in pre-season and reckon he could have a good run.

Problem with Jovetic is he could just get injured for months again :colonhash: Also, if Aguero is fit, I really have no idea who'd start. He's always been a great prospect. Agree on Eriksen. Will aguero even be starting the first few games though? You'd assume both Dzeko and Jovetic would/could start in his absence? Looks like an awesome midfield now though!
I think I may be depressed....But then I don't like therapists, I feel like I can't be myself. I've been OK for a while, but then practically everyday, I feel like I'm not in the social loop. I post a lot on many sites about this, and people get confused/perplexed, but then to me it's the source of all of my problems. I know that life is not perfect, but then I'm 28 and never had a gf before. And it's because I'm not in the social loop, and I don't know what all others did to get into it.

I have a lot of goals, but then there are a few things preventing me from being in the happy medium. I haven't really had friends since I was about 16, sounds really weird/****ed up/pathetic, but then I don't get what I'm doing wrong. If I could just get a social circle/gf, then things would be OK, I can take the rough with the smooth (as IMHO we must as humans).

The thing is though is that I do yoga twice a week, and i'm kind of casual friends with the teacher. she's near my age, but she said once in class she became a yoga teacher because she got depressed and yoga saved her life. I want to ask her how she did it to overcome it, but it's a personal thing to ask. We got on OK, but then well yeah..it's personal, don't want to offend her. The thing is that I to be honest fear therapy, because i've had some bad experiences with it in the past, and it in all honesty confuses me. I've read some therapy stuff online, and they say "smile" or "be respectful!" but then I find most my age don't smile. I just wish sometimes (well often) that I would have got the tools in life as a teenager. Then I could have gone to uni, got a gf, and well....meh...

I don't have things as bad as others here do, so I guess I shouldn't complain. But then I know that people must help themselves, and I think by learning how to get knowledge and progress, I can be OK.

tl;dr

To suffice, I just want to:

- Learn the tools from long ago to get on/get gf
- Know if it's acceptable to ask my yoga teacher how she used it to get herself better
- I fear therapy, since I cannot be myself without being judged, even for things that aren't considered mental disorders. As an example, when I was 21, I told them I spent a day playing an online game and they said it's "not normal, and mentally abnormal". So it was normal for millions of other 21 years olds (and is today), but not for me lol..

Thanks for reading. This is why I posted in the other grand thread about knowledge...I know it's difficult to explain or comprehend, but then it's just how I feel.
And to balance negativity with positivity, PL tomorrow (:biggrin:).....Looking forward to seeing Sanchez against a Pulis-less Palace. Want to see Sanogo up front. :biggrin:
Subscribing. Welcome to all newbies! Got to Oxford and am safe, but can't sleep :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Problem with Jovetic is he could just get injured for months again :colonhash: Also, if Aguero is fit, I really have no idea who'd start. He's always been a great prospect. Agree on Eriksen. Will aguero even be starting the first few games though? You'd assume both Dzeko and Jovetic would/could start in his absence? Looks like an awesome midfield now though!

That's true, it's so annoying! Aguero is only meant to miss the Newcastle game, he wants to be back by Liverpool, so it'd be a nightmare if I picked Jovetic and then Aguero came back and kicked the one I picked out the squad the possible line up for Man City tomorrow looks like this
Caballero;
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov;
Fernandinho, Touré;
Silva, Jovetic, Nasri;
Dzeko.

My midfield is looking ace now, Sterling, Eriksen, Hazard, Ramsey.

Also, I have an extra .5mil from dropping Nasri for Eriksen, and the strikers for 6mil aren't the best (Peter Crouch is a choice) so I might just keep Bojan and take a risk.
Original post by Sabertooth
Same here.

I actually do often wish that I could do something other than go on the internet, I dunno, meet with non-existent friends for a pint down the pub, maybe play some basketball with non-existent friends, or some soul calibur, even just go outside and enjoy the sunshine....anything really.:sad:

At least there's something for us kinda people to do :console: I know you don't have things easy, but you will be able to do some if not all of those things eventually. Even with your problems you have still achieved a lot to this day :hugs:

-----

Does anyone else get very vivid images of suffering in their head? I don't know why i'm posting about this at this time, if at all. I really want to put these images to paper but i struggle.

Spoiler

Original post by forborall
And to balance negativity with positivity, PL tomorrow (:biggrin:).....Looking forward to seeing Sanchez against a Pulis-less Palace. Want to see Sanogo up front. :biggrin:

I'm excited to see Sanchez, I think he'll be a good addition to Arsenal!
Original post by Meaty_man
At least there's something for us kinda people to do :console: I know you don't have things easy, but you will be able to do some if not all of those things eventually. Even with your problems you have still achieved a lot to this day :hugs:

-----

Does anyone else get very vivid images of suffering in their head? I don't know why i'm posting about this at this time, if at all. I really want to put these images to paper but i struggle.

Spoiler

I really hope you're right that maybe some day I might be able to do that stuff, a lot of the time I feel like my life is just flashing by. Really don't think I've achieved very much, however. :no:

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
I really hope you're right that maybe some day I might be able to do that stuff, a lot of the time I feel like my life is just flashing by. Really don't think I've achieved very much, however. :no:

Spoiler

It's always hardest to prove something to ourselves, at least i think so, for all that's worth :tongue:

Spoiler

/sub
I wondered where everyone had disappeared to! :wavey:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Just thought I'd say well done to all the A-level students. Just be proud you did your best. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone. :smile:

Long time no speak. And a shiny new thread!

Had a horrible two months in France looking after 5 children but am home now and looking forward to university (and quite scared).

Hope you're all happy, safe and keeping positive. Give me a shout if there's anything I can do.
Original post by senz72
Just thought I'd say well done to all the A-level students. Just be proud you did your best. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm coming to York :biggrin:
Original post by Odd socks
New thread :woo:

It's got that new-thread smell

Posted from TSR Mobile

I imagine it being like the new book smell. :tongue:
Reply 57
Think iv partially dislocated my shoulder over night. Its SO painful :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by lauraaaaa
I'm coming to York :biggrin:

Well done! :smile:

I might actually be on my way out of York. I'm at last chance saloon here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest