The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieLaw_
Thank you, I swapped from Sheffield to Manchester so I have no ID off them yet.

Ah, ok. I don't know if you'll get any response off them before Monday, I assume they they're not open at the weekend. You can also phone them on 0161 275 2077, it might be better to do that seeing as your issue is a bit more urgent than most.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
All the rooms have an ethernet socket.

Thanks. Any info on the UL and DL speeds?
Original post by Hirsty3359
Thanks. Any info on the UL and DL speeds?

I haven't lived in halls so I don't know, sorry. TSR's hornet article (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Manchester:_Hornet) says 10Mb/s but that seems pretty slow. I've recorded speeds of up to 120Mb/s on the campus wifi.
I haven't lived in halls so I don't know, sorry. TSR's hornet article (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Manchester:_Hornet) says 10Mb/s but that seems pretty slow. I've recorded speeds of up to 120Mb/s on the campus wifi.

Thanks again.
Anything above 2MB/s will be sufficient :smile:
Reply 2064
Hey, anyone else here studying Architecture? Got in my first choice of UoM with ABB. I am so nervous!! :colondollar:
Ah, ok. I don't know if you'll get any response off them before Monday, I assume they they're not open at the weekend. You can also phone them on 0161 275 2077, it might be better to do that seeing as your issue is a bit more urgent than most.

Thank you for your help, I e-mailed them and have now chosen my accom preferences so fingers crossed!
Original post by Hirsty3359
Thanks again.
Anything above 2MB/s will be sufficient :smile:

10 Mb/s is only 1.25 MB/s. Unless you're still talking about megabits.
Original post by ross_ave
Anyone else put Whitworth Park as their top choice for accommodation or been accepted? Also any other dentists? :P

Whitworth is my top two choices :smile: Haven't heard a thing yet though x
Original post by SkAlley
WOOOOOH!! What accomodation have you got?

I have no idea yet, I only applied a few days ago so haven't been assigned!
10 Mb/s is only 1.25 MB/s. Unless you're still talking about megabits.

I was talking about MegaBytes, but whatever, I can deal with 1.25 :smile:
Reply 2070
Anyone doing Psychology?
Anyone in Owens Park or doing maths?
Original post by chaaamberz

Owens park is in my top 2! Doing Zoology though
Original post by chaaamberz

I am, 'Little Court' apparently, will be studying Classics
Original post by pips@kgs
I am, 'Little Court' apparently, will be studying Classics

Had a look at Little Court on the accommodation open house day, it's really nice in there:smile: I'm in the tower, 15th floor:eek:
Original post by imapedo
I got A*A*A and my teachers tell me I may be overqualified for Civil Engineering at Manchester and they said I should look on UCAS Adjustment. I hope there are others who have achieved similar or better grades than me at Manchester.. I like being with geniuses...

You chose Manchester for a good reason - you like the course, the university, and generally think you'll be happy here.

Don't be put off by your teachers if you're happy with your choice. You'll find a lot of people who got the grades for Oxbridge but didn't get in - you won't be alone at all.

Original post by flyyoufools
Ah cool cool :smile: I just got my first official direct-from-UoM email about getting accepted earlier so I'm hoping everything else will follow pretty soon! Payment needed before loans? Enlighten me? :P I did barely any research and just went along with whatever :L My top two are City but the map looks like it's more in Victoria. My third option is in Fallowfield just I doubt I'll get that. My sister was in Fallowfield for her last year and even though I liked it, I feel like I'd prefer Vic/City for my first year at least :smile: wbu? (Also gratz! :wink:) x

£400 accommodation prepayment needs to be paid within a week of receiving your accommodation offer.

Most people will either get parents to pay, use savings, or get a student bank account and use the interest free overdraft.

Original post by Ryfy
Hey guys, I'm in Richmond park and I'm seeing a lot of reviews that say "if you don't like fun, come here" or "all the enjoyment is sucked into the souls of the nearby ghoulish residents of OP" and other stuff to that effect - have to admit I'm getting a little worried! Anyone else in Richmond/know what to expect?

I'm not bothered about 3 different clubs every night of the week, but I do want the student experience, and will want a decent social/nightlife.

You'll be fine - I've never heard that about Richmond park :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my accommodation offer from Denmark Road in the City Centre. None of the three I applied to so am a little worried as I wanted to stay in Fallowfield. Has anyone else received an offer from there yet? Does anyone know if it's a nice place to stay. Would really appreciate the help.
Oh good, I decided the queues for the bus to the accommodation were too long so didn't bother :wink: I'm on floor 1 so quite the opposite!
Original post by jlu
me! and same i didn't think i would

Ahh!! Congratulations :biggrin: are you excited?
Original post by Ryfy
Hey guys, I'm in Richmond park and I'm seeing a lot of reviews that say "if you don't like fun, come here" or "all the enjoyment is sucked into the souls of the nearby ghoulish residents of OP" and other stuff to that effect - have to admit I'm getting a little worried! Anyone else in Richmond/know what to expect?

I'm not bothered about 3 different clubs every night of the week, but I do want the student experience, and will want a decent social/nightlife.

i'm in richmond park and saw all those comments as well and was kind of **** scared but i reckon it'll be alright sure there'll be loads of people wanting to have the student experience and all that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending