The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Anyone not get into Halls?

I am going to the University of Chester through adjustment so there is a good chance I might not get into halls. Is anyone else in a similar situation, if so what kind of options are you considering?

Scroll to see replies

As far as I'm aware they haven't finished allocating accommodation at themoment cos I've not heard anything yet and I applied back in April when they first opened. They didn't start allocating until results so yeah. I wouldn't worry about not getting anything though cos there's loads of private accommodation around too :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Hi

I'm in sort of the same situation, I got accepted a few weeks ago, but only just got the email today that I haven't been given any accommodation. The univerisity told me that it would be better if I commuted instead because it's a train ride and a half an hour walk away from where I live in Runcorn. So I'm thinking of commuting.
Reply 3
Original post by james856
I am going to the University of Chester through adjustment so there is a good chance I might not get into halls. Is anyone else in a similar situation, if so what kind of options are you considering?

I'm coming to Chester as I was rejected by my firm and it was my insurance choice. They told me that as Chester was not my firm I am not eligible for their accommodation so have told me I have to go private. I've been looking at them and most of them house second years and I feel quite uncomfortable at the idea of having to share a house with people in their second year as they won't be in the same boat as me :frown:
Reply 4
Thats the thing I'm afraid of. The student accommodation websites never say what year the students are so we could end up with a house of all 3 years mixed.
Reply 5
I live in Northern Ireland so unfortunately commuting isn't an option for me :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by james856
I live in Northern Ireland so unfortunately commuting isn't an option for me :frown:

Yeah see I live over three hours away so commuting isn't an option for me either :frown:. I keep looking on here to see if anyone is interested going into their first year is interested in sharing private accommodation as I would rather share with someone in their first year than someone in their second/third years. Obviously if there is no other option then I will have to do that
Reply 7
I got my email yesterday regarding that I haven't been accepted into accom.

I've already made a few phonecalls regarding private accom and got some viewing times and dates so it isn't too bad.

There are some private accom places which are pretty much like Uni halls and I think they will put all freshers/first years together in those places.
Original post by ChrisJ28

I've already made a few phonecalls regarding private accom and got some viewing times and dates so it isn't too bad.

There are some private accom places which are pretty much like Uni halls and I think they will put all freshers/first years together in those places.

Hey, where/how far away from Chester do you live? I've not heard anything back yet but I'm worried I won't get anything either cos of where I live
Reply 9
I live in St Helens which is about 30miles away max, if you're within I think its 40miles there is a chance you won't get accommodation via the uni.

I'd make contact with the private sector just incase so then you have something to fall back on.
Reply 10

Ah right so do Chester help put you into private accommodation? I didn't know that I thought you had to do it all yourself so I've been panicking a bit thinking it's likely I'll have to live with second and third years. I didn't have a chance to ring them I only emailed them about their accommodation. I'll ring them as soon as they open on Monday
Ah right I'm over 50 miles so hopefully I'll be okay. Yeah I've been looking at a couple of private places so hopefully they'll still be available if I need them!
Reply 12
Original post by Kerry09
Ah right so do Chester help put you into private accommodation? I didn't know that I thought you had to do it all yourself so I've been panicking a bit thinking it's likely I'll have to live with second and third years. I didn't have a chance to ring them I only emailed them about their accommodation. I'll ring them as soon as they open on Monday

They send you a link in the email which says you haven't been accepted for their own Uni halls which contains all the Chester Uni recommended available private accommodation so I think most of them are pretty much for freshers.
Reply 13
They send you a link in the email which says you haven't been accepted for their own Uni halls which contains all the Chester Uni recommended available private accommodation so I think most of them are pretty much for freshers.

Yeah I have been looking and there are some that are also occupied by second and third years. Are you just going to apply for the ones that you like and hope that other first years apply too?
Reply 14
Original post by Kerry09
Yeah I have been looking and there are some that are also occupied by second and third years. Are you just going to apply for the ones that you like and hope that other first years apply too?

Yeah pretty much, I'm looking at the ones which have the most rooms available as they probably have only just been added on the list as many second years & third years already sort out their accom mid way through their first year so I'm guessing the ones with most rooms are going to be mostly freshers, hopefully!

I like the look of the Chester Waterside Court, it's similar cost to Grosvenor house which is what I was looking to get, and looks just as nice if not nicer!
Hey, I'm studying history in September and haven't got accommodation because I live near the uni. Any help on how to get some accommodation would be great or anyone interested in sharing :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by elliot_96
Hey, I'm studying history in September and haven't got accommodation because I live near the uni. Any help on how to get some accommodation would be great or anyone interested in sharing :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been speaking to the accommodation office about private accommodation and they gave me this website http://www.chesterstudentstamp.co.uk/

Although it seems like you could end up with anyone of any year if you don't go in as some sort of a group so I would be interested in finding first years to share with :smile:
Alright, thanks pal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by elliot_96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woohoo I'm going to be studying history as well :smile:. I posted a thread and a couple of days ago and have also seen quite a few posts about people wanting to share flats so there are plenty of options :smile:
Hi, I live in Liverpool and I'm starting Chester uni but I didn't get in the accommodation and I can't afford min £90 per week to rent these houses. Anyone have any suggestions? I have no idea what I'm doing 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending