The Student Room Group

Disappointing AS results

I received my AS results on Thursday and was extremely unhappy with them. Having worked out my marks from my Ums and the grade boundaries online, I came to the conclusion that not completing any of my papers due to timings difficulties had an enormous impact on my marks and therefore grade. I am doing English Literature, History and Government and Politics. I got CCB and was wondering whether I should retake my AS year completely or retake some my AS exams in A2. I wished to study Law at university and I feel with these grades I won't be able to meet the grades that most university want.

I really need advice on what to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jazzbelle
I received my AS results on Thursday and was extremely unhappy with them. Having worked out my marks from my Ums and the grade boundaries online, I came to the conclusion that not completing any of my papers due to timings difficulties had an enormous impact on my marks and therefore grade. I am doing English Literature, History and Government and Politics. I got CCB and was wondering whether I should retake my AS year completely or retake some my AS exams in A2. I wished to study Law at university and I feel with these grades I won't be able to meet the grades that most university want.

I really need advice on what to do.

Hi :smile:

Firstly I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your AS results :frown:

My brother is also in a position like you in which he wants to become a Lawyer, but didn't achieve the right grades needed for it, so he's now looking into resitting pretty much all his exams, but this will differ for everyone.

What types of universities were you considering to apply for? With your grades you should be able to get ABB/AAB as your predicted grades from your teachers as most students go up one grade from what they got in their AS year. :smile:

If you want to try and help make things less stressful on your A2 exams then I'd suggest you maybe retake one or two of your exams, just to push up your grades, however this is a discussion best had with your teachers as they will know you better and give you a more personalised set of advice. :yep:

Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 2
List out your umss and the grade boundaries for each paper. You want to avoid retaking all of them as this will put you under a lot of pressure at exam time as you will have A2s to do as well. There is no point in retaking papers where you did reasonably well. You have to weigh up potential improvement vs disruption to your A2s

Quick Reply

Latest