The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ItsJustMe17
Ooo I see. Think I might just stick with the guild tbh. Trying to decide between the 40 and 60. Btw how late is too late to buy them do you think? Btw you done your ID yet? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah did it earlier, thought it was quite confusing to register! You?

I know they sold out last year but I have no idea when :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Okay, a few points :tongue:
Firstly, anyone on here taking Ancient history and/or archaeology? Found no one so far, starting to think it's just me :') haha
Secondly, no idea about freshers 😳 like, I sound silly but if I don't purchase any of these freshers tickets can I not partake in any of freshers? So confused haha, need recommendations guys! :tongue:
And finally, offered accommodation in liberty court, anyone else on here also offered liberty court? :tongue:
Original post by corax
Yeah did it earlier, thought it was quite confusing to register! You?

I know they sold out last year but I have no idea when :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it is! Yeah I registered just need to do the last thing (my Id pic). Ahh yh dint want to leave it too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if you can register and enter your student finance number later because I'm still waiting to hear from SFE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1824
Original post by Jimmy560
What A levels did you take and what Grades did you recieve ? I am going into A2 and im hoping to study maths at uni , i am interested in birmingham

I took Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A2 and got A's in each of them. Also got A in AS Further Maths. Good luck getting into Birmingham next year :smile:
Reply 1825
Do we need our student finance letter? I have misplaced mine...
The student finance letters about your loan payments have the number you need to fill out registration but you might be able to find it on your online account.

Original post by veb_1996
Okay, a few points :tongue:
Secondly, no idea about freshers like, I sound silly but if I don't purchase any of these freshers tickets can I not partake in any of freshers? So confused haha, need recommendations guys! :tongue:

The freshers tickets are for specific events and clubs which will be holding special fresher type nights. You can still partake in freshers without tickets but it may end up more expensive. But you'll need Guild tickets to access events strictly in UOB (like the Freshers Ball)

You can either buy the official tickets from the Guild for UOB students only http://www.guildofstudents.com/eventsandtickets/freshersfest/ or from club promoters that have produced tickets for all students who will be in Birmingham. It's bit confusing though as there seems to be club promoters promoting two different types of wristbands. One's called Lowercase and the other ones called Electricent.. I don't know the difference between the two because I've bought Guild tickets.

Hope that helps a bit. You can always sell tickets on later if you don't end up going to somthing :smile:
Reply 1827
How is everyones welcome calender coming along?
Can i buy tickets for the events during fresher week in birmingham?
Original post by JDH9
I took Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A2 and got A's in each of them. Also got A in AS Further Maths. Good luck getting into Birmingham next year :smile:

Thanks
Original post by M-Dog
How is everyones welcome calender coming along?

Looks like this year's freshers' week is going to be wicked - there are so many interesting day events to attend (including the compulsory ones). :smile:

Did you download an iCalendar application to create your own Welcome Week calendar from the website or something? I can't seem to create mine when I click on ''add to calendar'' - it just downloads an '.ics' file.
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys, I'm going to miss the first day of freshers week the 22nd I believe, is that going to be a problem?
Original post by ThePersian
Guys, I'm going to miss the first day of freshers week the 22nd I believe, is that going to be a problem?

It depends on if you have compulsory course events to attend on the 22nd. I know mine only starts on the 23rd, so I can do what I want on the 22nd. :smile:

Type the code of your course here to find out: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/welcome/events/index.aspx
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else pretty disappointed that they got liberty court? It looks awful..
Reply 1834
Original post by Grace .
Looks like this year's freshers' week is going to be wicked - there are so many interesting day events to attend (including the compulsory ones). :smile:

Did you download an iCalendar application to create your own Welcome Week calendar from the website or something? I can't seem to create mine when I click on ''add to calendar'' - it just downloads an '.ics' file.

I actually don't know hope to create the calender- I was just nothing key dates down
Original post by AmonHen
Ohh yes it's so nice to see another person doing German! It seems we are few and far between in numbers haha

I'm doing German too! I'm doing it with Spanish though :smile:
Original post by katthetwat
I'm doing German too! I'm doing it with Spanish though :smile:

Well that's three so far! Tbh that's more people than did German A level in my year...
Original post by bushome54
Well that's three so far! Tbh that's more people than did German A level in my year...

I was the only person in my A level class haha!
Original post by katthetwat
I was the only person in my A level class haha!

Same, for AS. There was another person who joined for A2
how do we get the freshers week tickets?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending