Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
twiddle twiddle twiddle
glad its helping :jumphug:

twiddle twiddle twiddle
:tongue:
thanks for introducing me to them! am contemplating ordering another :ninja: i have an original one and a textured therapy one

Original post by .snowflake.
so anxious. home aloney on my own-y. So i've got back into bed.

:hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
*hugs* hope you're doing a bit better today

Thanks. I wasn't seen until 5am by which point I was too fed up to do anything. They just sent me home. hope you are okay
Reply 82
Original post by Team_McDreamy
twiddle twiddle twiddle
:tongue:
thanks for introducing me to them! am contemplating ordering another :ninja: i have an original one and a textured therapy one

:hugs:

do it! i have an old stop smoking one attatched to a new textured one :biggrin:
they are so helpful!
I'm OK today. Have work later, but then I don't mind, it would be quiet and can work on some projects in peace lol..

Starting to realise though that some things I do I bring on myself. Maybe also I'm a bit paranoid and need to sort out my thoughts better.
do it! i have an old stop smoking one attatched to a new textured one :biggrin:
they are so helpful!

tempted by the fuzzy one :tongue: they really are!
Reply 85
tempted by the fuzzy one :tongue: they really are!

:eek2: they do fuzzy ones?!?!?!

maybe this can be how we fund dep soc island? :hmmm:
Original post by ScaryScience
Thanks. I wasn't seen until 5am by which point I was too fed up to do anything. They just sent me home. hope you are okay

I'm sorry that they didn't offer any help, I know how frustrating it is when you bring yourself to get help and then you just get turned away. :hugs:
Original post by bullettheory
I'm sorry that they didn't offer any help, I know how frustrating it is when you bring yourself to get help and then you just get turned away. :hugs:

oh don't worry, story of my life. ive gone so far to try and get/engage with support, at the detriment of my own health, only to be batted away, dismissed or devalued which causes further deterioration. I've been failed. the state of the psychiatry and mental health services I have experienced is nothing short of disgusting imo.
:eek2: they do fuzzy ones?!?!?!

maybe this can be how we fund dep soc island? :hmmm:

YUSSSSSS, its like, covered in felt or something?

hmmmmm, :hmmm:
Reply 89
YUSSSSSS, its like, covered in felt or something?

hmmmmm, :hmmm:

Hummm, not keen on the feel of felt :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
For some strange, very random reason I just read that to the tune of 'chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me' song (whatever it's called!), and now have it stuck in my head :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same :lol:
How can I be so alone when theres physically lots of people around me? :cry2:
Reply 92
Original post by tasha96
How can I be so alone when theres physically lots of people around me? :cry2:

Loneliness is not the same as being alone, you can have lots of friends and family and still feel lonely :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hummm, not keen on the feel of felt :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you silly :tongue:
Reply 94
Original post by furryface12
For some strange, very random reason I just read that to the tune of 'chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me' song (whatever it's called!), and now have it stuck in my head :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if I should apologise or not? :lol:
Hi guys, I'm new here, and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about dealing with intense perfectionism at exam results time (I'm really sorry, because I know TSR is brimming over with people asking about results this week...). Basically, I've always been a straight A student. I didn't get anything less than an A in my GCSEs. My perfectionism has always been a part of me, and it's always a positive motivator until something goes 'wrong' (the main thing being that it led me into an eating disorder that I'm still recovering from).

I was right on track to get 4As this year in my AS levels, so was absolutely crushed to open my envelope to see AAAB - this is why I've come here. Most people think I'm being ABSOLUTELY MAD for being disappointed with that. The reason is that I got an A in absolutely every aspect of my subjects (exams and coursework) except my EnglishLit exam...where I got a D. Now, there are many things pointing to this being a mistake by the exam board, such as others in my year being in the same position (top students underachieving), my teacher immediately putting me down for a remark, and the fact that I fully prepared for the exam and found it ultimately okay!

But the perfectionist side of me (the 99% side of me...) knows that it was all my fault. I've never got a D in my entire life. My teachers used my work in English as an example throughout the year. I got As in almost every essay I wrote. I FEEL LIKE SUCH A FAILURE. And the worst thing is how badly I feel I've let my teachers down. One in particuar had so much faith in me and was sure that her 'top student' would perform outstandingly. Even though I'm not the only one in this situation, I feel like an absolute fraud. It makes my stomach flip every time I think about it. I don't want to face people at school. So much was expected of me.

And it has completely thrown me - I seem to have lost a lot of motivation and I just want to go to sleep to escape. I'm applying to Oxford to study Modern Languages, but I won't be truly happy with my application unless my remark is returned successful (I won't find out for 3 weeks-1month)!

I know this is really long and I love you if you read all of this, but...does anyone have any advice? I'm not a 'straight-A' student any more, and it's absolutely killing me.
great idea for a thread.

had to say goodbye to a gurl I was really close to lately but sure things are looking up even if it was unexpected.

theres opportunities ahead..so theres potential there even if I have a lot of catchup to do..

What's up hun?! :jumphug:

Original post by rebeccafrances
Hi guys, I'm new here, and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about dealing with intense perfectionism at exam results time (I'm really sorry, because I know TSR is brimming over with people asking about results this week...). Basically, I've always been a straight A student. I didn't get anything less than an A in my GCSEs. My perfectionism has always been a part of me, and it's always a positive motivator until something goes 'wrong' (the main thing being that it led me into an eating disorder that I'm still recovering from).

I was right on track to get 4As this year in my AS levels, so was absolutely crushed to open my envelope to see AAAB - this is why I've come here. Most people think I'm being ABSOLUTELY MAD for being disappointed with that. The reason is that I got an A in absolutely every aspect of my subjects (exams and coursework) except my EnglishLit exam...where I got a D. Now, there are many things pointing to this being a mistake by the exam board, such as others in my year being in the same position (top students underachieving), my teacher immediately putting me down for a remark, and the fact that I fully prepared for the exam and found it ultimately okay!

But the perfectionist side of me (the 99% side of me...) knows that it was all my fault. I've never got a D in my entire life. My teachers used my work in English as an example throughout the year. I got As in almost every essay I wrote. I FEEL LIKE SUCH A FAILURE. And the worst thing is how badly I feel I've let my teachers down. One in particuar had so much faith in me and was sure that her 'top student' would perform outstandingly. Even though I'm not the only one in this situation, I feel like an absolute fraud. It makes my stomach flip every time I think about it. I don't want to face people at school. So much was expected of me.

And it has completely thrown me - I seem to have lost a lot of motivation and I just want to go to sleep to escape. I'm applying to Oxford to study Modern Languages, but I won't be truly happy with my application unless my remark is returned successful (I won't find out for 3 weeks-1month)!

I know this is really long and I love you if you read all of this, but...does anyone have any advice? I'm not a 'straight-A' student any more, and it's absolutely killing me.

I don't really know what to say but I seriously know how you feel. I used to feel similar. All I can say is even though it may seem like a big deal now, it really really isn't. You can still absolutely get into Oxford and your results are still outstanding. One day you will realise that these things are much more insignificant than you first thought. Having said that, I hope that the remark is successful as it sounds like you deserved that A :hugs:
yep, should probs find painkillers, currently doing as little movement as possible.
done my essay now, so only have stupid placement diaries to do!

that sounds good! hopefully they let you back to uni! fingers crossed!

Ah the infamous placement diaries... I've never done them but I've heard a lot of things about them from my social work friends... Good luck with the diaries, I'm sure you will do fine.

Fingers crossed indeed, just desperate to get back to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest