The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by BeccaBoot
I'm from Walsall (it's near Birmingham). Do you know what accommodation you've got?

i'm commuting from home, so if you (or anyone) need a friendly face who's familiar with the city then i'm ya girl ahaha, have you looked at course modules or anything?

Original post by PromiseKim
I have never had a pub night or a real club night but I'm rather chilled. Wack in some karaoke and I'm ready to go! Hehehe :3
I'm gonna study European Studies and German :smile: and I will be staying at home... I hope I meet people worth meeting despite me not living in halls...what about you?? :biggrin:

i'm staying at home too and i feel exactly the same!!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Katie373
Just got my accommodation offer from Denmark Road in the City Centre. None of the three I applied to so am a little worried as I wanted to stay in Fallowfield. Has anyone else received an offer from there yet? Does anyone know if it's a nice place to stay. Would really appreciate the help.

Denmark Road isn't in the city centre, it's at the south end of the main campus. Apart from Whitworth Park, I think it's the closest of all the city halls to Fallowfield. It's also the newest of all the University's halls so at least you know it should have fairly nice fittings.
Oh really, thanks. I have no idea what it's like so it should be an interesting experience. Are you a student at UoM ?
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Denmark Road isn't in the city centre, it's at the south end of the main campus. Apart from Whitworth Park, I think it's the closest of all the city halls to Fallowfield. It's also the newest of all the University's halls so at least you know it should have fairly nice fittings.

Oh really, thanks. I have no idea what it's like so it should be an interesting experience. Are you a student at UoM
Original post by Katie373
Oh really, thanks. I have no idea what it's like so it should be an interesting experience. Are you a student at UoM

I don't know much about it either really. I guess, because it's new, it hasn't really developed a reputation yet. And yeah, I'm a current student but I commute from home.
Reply 2085
Original post by WannaGetAnA
Ahh!! Congratulations :biggrin: are you excited?

and you! yeah but quite nervous
Original post by Origami Bullets
£400 accommodation prepayment needs to be paid within a week of receiving your accommodation offer.

Most people will either get parents to pay, use savings, or get a student bank account and use the interest free overdraft.

Ahhh okay that's fair, I was worried it was something I should have already paid! x
Original post by jlu
Anyone doing Psychology?

I'm doing psychology
Original post by katearch
I have no idea yet, I only applied a few days ago so haven't been assigned!

Ahh ok was Manchester not your first choice? Hope it all gets sorted and hopefully I'll see you in September :smile:
Original post by Hirsty3359
Hey all- studying zoology!
Can't wait to see you all there.

Doing zoology too! See you there!
Original post by SkAlley
Ahh ok was Manchester not your first choice? Hope it all gets sorted and hopefully I'll see you in September :smile:

It was my first choice I just didn't think I was going to halls. I've applied for Victoria Hall, Dalton-Ellis and Weston Hall so hopefully I don't get stuck with somewhere rubbish..!
When are we likley to her about halls as I need to know to start being ablet o budget
Based Little court crew
Original post by PromiseKim
I have never had a pub night or a real club night but I'm rather chilled. Wack in some karaoke and I'm ready to go! Hehehe :3
I'm gonna study European Studies and German :smile: and I will be staying at home... I hope I meet people worth meeting despite me not living in halls...what about you?? :biggrin:

I'm studying History :biggrin: I haven't heard back about accommodation, but my first choice was Canterbury Court so fingers crossed! :redface: I'm sure you'll make friends from your course and then make more friends while out with them- if not, i'll be about :smile:
Anyone got any plans for freshers?

Heard something about wrist bands and warehouse project?
Reply 2095
Hi,
I'm also doing medicine
Have you had any contact with the medical school since your place was confirmed? just wondering as I've heard nothing from them and haven't been told anything about a stethoscope lol
Thanks
Original post by mahamxa
i'm commuting from home, so if you (or anyone) need a friendly face who's familiar with the city then i'm ya girl ahaha, have you looked at course modules or anything?!

I've looked a bit at modules, did you spot that we have two that we can choose? That's really unusual for a first year, I'm thinking of doing a language for one of them. Hopefully we will get a bit of guidance when we do the sign up. Have you thought much about it?
Original post by david.sutton
When are we likley to her about halls as I need to know to start being ablet o budget

Very soon, I should think. Myself and a friend of mine received our offers on the day after results.
So happy that I got into Manchester. Anyone studying chemical engineering ???
Original post by katearch
It was my first choice I just didn't think I was going to halls. I've applied for Victoria Hall, Dalton-Ellis and Weston Hall so hopefully I don't get stuck with somewhere rubbish..!

Well good luck, I hope you get one of them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending