The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Meeting People Before Starting at UEA?

Pretty self-explanatory, I looked on the Facebook forum they linked in my acceptance e-mail but it's not particularly active. I also joined a FB group for 2014/2015 newcomers, was just wondering if there was anywhere to just chat to people? It'd be nice to get to know some other freshers before-hand!

Accommodation offers are on the 18th, and then I suppose you can figure out who might be nearby too.

I'm guessing that some of these options might pick up a bit more in a few days?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by NerdFighteria
Pretty self-explanatory, I looked on the Facebook forum they linked in my acceptance e-mail but it's not particularly active. I also joined a FB group for 2014/2015 newcomers, was just wondering if there was anywhere to just chat to people? It'd be nice to get to know some other freshers before-hand!

Accommodation offers are on the 18th, and then I suppose you can figure out who might be nearby too.

Hey! I've been looking for people got in too! Congrats on your place :smile: What course are you going to be studying in September? :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2

Same, would very much like to chat to some people beforehand, hopefully more options will become available...

Also, DFTBA.
Original post by soniaskye
Hey! I've been looking for people got in too! Congrats on your place :smile: What course are you going to be studying in September? :smile:

Thanks! You too, and I'm doing Literature and History (yet to actually see anyone on my course either :colondollar:). What about yourself?

Original post by Jaawsh
Same, would very much like to chat to some people beforehand, hopefully more options will become available...

Also, DFTBA.

Hello there nerdfighter! I assume that they will. What course are you doing at UEA? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
On facebook there's a Fresher page which is quite active, and I was on an offer holder/applicant page which was quite busy too while we were only offer holders and applicants and not definite students.
Reply 5
Hello everyone!
Yeah, it a great idea to meet someone before coming :smile:
My name is Arina, will be doing undergrad Law. I'm from overseas, so am freaking out a bit)
Has anyone been in Norwich/UEA already? I'm wondering, what's it like out there, didn't get a chance to visit open days…
Have you all received accommodation offers?
Reply 6
I'm Grant and I appear to be one of only two people studying American History at UEA so it would be good to meet some others studying that or something similar! There's a Facebook group which has over 1,400 members that seems to be quite active but you have to be accepted by the moderators.
<facebook link removed by mod>

yeah ive got the same with the accommodation offer on monday , kinda annoying as some people have already got their offer
also where are people coming from? as I'm from Leicester so I'm moving 153 miles
Reply 9
Original post by willparker666
also where are people coming from? as I'm from Leicester so I'm moving 153 miles

I'm from Poole, so about 200 miles. It's a pain the arse for me to get home but I will only be going home at Christmas, Easter and during the summer.
Reply 10
Thanks! You too, and I'm doing Literature and History (yet to actually see anyone on my course either :colondollar:). What about yourself?

Hello there nerdfighter! I assume that they will. What course are you doing at UEA? :smile:

I shall be doing the english lit and creative writing!
Reply 11
Original post by willparker666

I'm from a country called Kyrgyzstan, so I'm moving about 3 938 miles… bye-bye home for three years, I guess...:smile:

The uni set up fb pages for each hall- these are usually active, once you know where you will be staying you can join that to chat to others in your block at least.
Hey my names Adam, I'm doing an Economics degree at UEA

I also joined a FB group for 2014/2015 newcomers

Which page is this? I've been looking around fb and couldn't find a decently active freshers page!

Whats everyone chosen accommodation wise? Fingers crossed I'm getting one of the ziggerauts come Monday. :smile:
Reply 14
Anyone doing a Medicine degree?
Reply 15
Anyone else moving up from Wales?

Also, are there any people who are going to be studying Law with American Law? I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I'll most likely have to see when I get there..
Original post by Taylor.I
Anyone else moving up from Wales?

Also, are there any people who are going to be studying Law with American Law? I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I'll most likely have to see when I get there..

Omg I thought I'd never find another Welsh person going to Wales! Where abouts are you from? Btw I'm doing American Literature
Original post by Grant123
I'm from Poole, so about 200 miles. It's a pain the arse for me to get home but I will only be going home at Christmas, Easter and during the summer.

I'm from South Wales so 280 miles away. My family almost had a heart attack when I said I wanted to go to UEA but it's the dream uni and dream course for me, I'm doing American & English Lit.
Reply 18
Original post by taragulwell
Omg I thought I'd never find another Welsh person going to Wales! Where abouts are you from? Btw I'm doing American Literature

Ahh same I thought I was the only one! I'm from Cardiff, you? :smile:

I went to the law summer school there last year and everyone thought I sounded European because they didn't believe I was Welsh haha!
Reply 19
Original post by taragulwell
I'm from South Wales so 280 miles away. My family almost had a heart attack when I said I wanted to go to UEA but it's the dream uni and dream course for me, I'm doing American & English Lit.

Same with me :smile: I'm doing American History, which I believe is in the same department as your course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply