The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by godd
I think 99% of men masturbate. It's a pretty hard addiction to break. Your testosterone levels peak after a few days. If you can make it past a week, you can go much much longer. But it only takes one little image and then you are finished.

Hahaha so true!! First week is the hardest and even seeing a girls legs turns you on.
Reply 41
Original post by Le Nombre
Russian roulette?

Did you do any sports (eg. rugby) or anything where there's a big drinking culture, or just generally avoid the sorts of situations where there'd be heavy peer pressure?

I just answered someone else's question about this. I didn't do any such sport, but all my friends did engage in most of these activities. I don't easily get affected by peer pressure. I have set rules in my life and to not touch a cigarette, alcohol, or drugs are amongst them. I wouldn't go against these rules no matter what. I usually just sat around when they were drinking or something or just went back to my room.
Original post by muffingg
1. I did indeed go to the gym during my second and third year when I had a free gym membership through my accommodation.

2. Prefer not to talk about this

3. I did drive, but I don't see what this would have to do with any of that!?

4. On weekends I did a lot of stuff with my male friends ranging from eating out, going sight-seeing, travel through Europe or UK, play sports like Table Tennis through entire nights, play PS3 all night, cook something more complex with friends, go to performance events, go shopping, attend society events such as gliding, skydiving etc.

on weekends you went sightseeing and travelled through Europe?
I don't plan on doing any of the top 5 either. They're not that common are they?
Thanks. Actually I have hung around with around 4 Muslims who were some of my closest friends. But surprisingly all of them have smoked, drunk alcohol, gone clubbing, and even done drugs. It's about what I want to do. I don't get easily affected by peer pressure. I have certain set rules in my life and I wouldn't go against them no matter how many friends around me are doing. I've had several times when everyone (and I mean all of my friends) went out to do one of these and I just went back to my room. So, nope, no peer pressure.

Dude I have to respect that! But does it not make you feel left out say if they go clubbing what do you do like when there are gone?
Reply 45
Original post by tehforum
How often did you do something that wasn't working?

The things you did sound very good, and are a whole lot better than clubbing.

I don't quite get your question. What you mean by how often did I do something that wasn't working?
Reply 46
Original post by bittr n swt
Hahaha so true!! First week is the hardest and even seeing a girls legs turns you on.

Problem is the way some of these girls dress. It's all hotpants or tight skirts, skintight low cut tops....and then you are expected not to get an erection. :frown:
As the title says, I (Male) went to uni,
* Never touched alcohol
* Never touched a cigarette / shisha
* Didn't do any drugs
* Never had sex
* Never went clubbing
* Didn't have a single female friend

Ask me anything

Why didn't I have female friends:

Spoiler

Most made assumption: I had a boring time. Answer:

Spoiler

what did you do during freshers? how did you make friends without going clubbing or drinking?
Original post by godd
I think 99% of men masturbate. It's a pretty hard addiction to break. Your testosterone levels peak after a few days. If you can make it past a week, you can go much much longer. But it only takes one little image and then you are finished.

Haha, where is this statistic from please?
I don't quite get your question. What you mean by how often did I do something that wasn't working?

How often did you do something is classed as a hobby/interest.
Original post by godd
When does a first become not decent? :confused:

<75%
Reply 51
Original post by shahbaz
Dude I have to respect that! But does it not make you feel left out say if they go clubbing what do you do like when there are gone?

It does occasionally make me feel left out. But then I think to myself, that I'd rather be left out than engage in something I find stupid. I just learnt to live with it and moved on with my life.
Original post by godd
Problem is the way some of these girls dress. It's all hotpants or tight skirts, skintight low cut tops....and then you are expected not to get an erection. :frown:

Women oppressing men by giving us erections. It must be stopped!
Reply 53
Original post by IbroSaunks
Haha, where is this statistic from please?

The other 1% are lying. Other than monks and nuns and people with extraordinary low sex drives, most under 25s masturbate.
As the title says, I (Male) went to uni,
* Never touched alcohol
* Never touched a cigarette / shisha
* Didn't do any drugs
* Never had sex
* Never went clubbing
* Didn't have a single female friend

Ask me anything

What did you graduate with?
I just answered someone else's question about this. I didn't do any such sport, but all my friends did engage in most of these activities. I don't easily get affected by peer pressure. I have set rules in my life and to not touch a cigarette, alcohol, or drugs are amongst them. I wouldn't go against these rules no matter what. I usually just sat around when they were drinking or something or just went back to my room.

Sorry, but that isn't serious peer pressure compared to an intiation. Your mates seemed happy to let you do that, rather than getting 4 big lads to pin you down then pouring alcohol down your throat.
Reply 56
Original post by tehforum
How often did you do something is classed as a hobby/interest.

I'm still not completely sure, but if you mean how often I participated in my hobbies and interests, then pretty much all the time.
Original post by godd
The other 1% are lying. Other than monks and nuns and people with extraordinary low sex drives, most under 25s masturbate.

Doesn't answer the question. Anyway I can tell you that I've never. You can decide not to believe me, that's no problem :smile:
I'm still not completely sure, but if you mean how often I participated in my hobbies and interests, then pretty much all the time.

That's good.

TBH - I think this is a great thread. It shows that people can have fun at uni without going clubbing and drinking.

Clubbing is usually on a Friday night. What do people do besides that?
How did you deal with the constant questioning of why you don't drink, smoke or party?

I'm assuming that you were asked this by nearly everyone you meet, cause I certainly get it a lot.

Latest