The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3660
The Arsene / Mourinho "rivalry" probably stems a decade ago when Mourinho first arrived and Arsenal were the top contenders
Original post by llys
I think Mourinho is a really competitive narcissist with a superior complex and needs an enemy that he can pit himself against constantly for the kicks. If there isn't a natural one around he will try to create one. I used to like him when I could only read his quotes in the papers (I was probably also influenced by media bias), but having heard him speak in press conferences the past season I have to say he has all the charisma of a dead fish. I have no idea why the press love him so much.

He doesn't bother me but his relationship with the press is strange. He's like the popular bully in those typical American teen movies, who's whole group laugh at his jokes even if they're terrible.
Original post by AR_95
The Arsene / Mourinho "rivalry" probably stems a decade ago when Mourinho first arrived and Arsenal were the top contenders

Think it's jealousy tbh.

Arsene can go so long without a trophy, and the fans will still love him #inwengerwetrust

but he was chased out of Chelsea and Madrid for under-performing IIRC, and there is not a strong following of fans loyal to Mou, and the Bridge is probably the only place he felt anything close to resembling loyalty.
anybody else going to the emirates later on? argh times goes so slowly on days like today...
Original post by 29Bilal96
anybody else going to the emirates later on? argh times goes so slowly on days like today...

Yep I am. In live right near the stadium so can leave at about 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agent Fabianski :smile:.
Coyggggg
Man United LOL!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bafetimbi Gomis looks like the Predator, him and Bony charging at defenders would be scary as hell.
Oh and in case anyone missed it, a bird plopped one straight into Ashley Young's mouth. Good pass.

https://vine.co/v/M37F1mB5IzB
Is Mertesacker injured?
Original post by cem101
Is Mertesacker injured?

Nope, he just isn't match fit. The Germans only came back from holiday and started training a week ago.
Spurs a man down....LOL
Reply 3674
Original post by LostGear
Spurs a man down....LOL

What a day so far lolol
this gon b a good season, i can smell it.
Original post by AnharM
Was it class when Zidane headbutted Materazzi and got sent off in a World Cup Final?

Was it class when Rivaldo dived against Turkey in the World Cup?

Was it class when Maradona used his hand to punch the ball into the net against England?

Was it class when Benitez said **** about Chelsea's flags, and their fans?

Was it class when Cantona kicked a fan?

No, of course it wasn't. But people remember these things. Arsenal fans will always remember Mourinho calling out Wenger the same way Benitez called out Chelsea. At the end of the day, it's all publicity. It makes the sport very interesting when people do/say things out of the ordinary.

As with WWE, nah don't watch that ****.

I think there is a view that the managers should be held under a different barometer in terms of conduct, ehich might explain the attention that Alan Pardew got for headbutting a player. A player does that and it will get less coverage.

There's no point in judging supporters and players in the same light because that is a lost cause from the get go.
I see the Moyes effect is still in full swing.

Latest