The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muffingg
I'm not doing Masters.
Civil Engineering
I'm not completely sure what that is. If you could elaborate, I could try answer that. Also, how is this relevant to the thread?

Christ, why do you need to question everything?

It's called "Ask Me Anything.
I'm not doing Masters.
Civil Engineering
I'm not completely sure what that is. If you could elaborate, I could try answer that. Also, how is this relevant to the thread?

-Why?
-Interesting, what is that all about?
-You said 'Ask me anything'.
I'm not sure if people are reading every reply before commenting the same thing :smile:
Reply 103
Original post by Autistic Merit
Do you have any friends at uni who are in to drinking and clubbing? If so, did you ever feel pressured by them to join in?

I mentioned in other replies. All my friend did at least drink and go clubbing and all had tried smoking. I think I just have a good self-control and don't easily get pressured by others. I've got my rules for life and don't go against them no matter what. It does require a lot of effort though.

Original post by tehforum
Christ, why do you need to question everything?

It's called "Ask Me Anything.

Jheez! I'm just asking what it is? How am I supposed to answer it if I don't know what it is?
I mentioned in other replies. All my friend did at least drink and go clubbing and all had tried smoking. I think I just have a good self-control and don't easily get pressured by others. I've got my rules for life and don't go against them no matter what. It does require a lot of effort though.

Jheez! I'm just asking what it is? How am I supposed to answer it if I don't know what it is?

yeah but you don't really need to ask if its relevant.

Are your jimmies rustled?
They had quite some influence on my lifestyle as I was brought up in a Muslim way. But then again, I did certain things my parents wouldn't want me to (don't wanna talk about it), so I am now really just following what I myself want to do and think is best for me and don't really follow exactly everything my parents want me to. I think their influence was only present up to the age of 18ish.

You understand that parental influence never goes away? Subconsciously you will always be making decisions based on the way that your parents raised you.

Anyway I would say that your mentality has been warped in regards to certain social stigmas. You clearly believe that what you done has been noble. That the people who don't adhere to the same code as your religion are lesser in moral value.

I know that you haven't explicitly stated this, but the creation of this thread has an undertone of smugness to it in the first place. Either you or your parents had an idea that at university you would be subjected to all the evil temptations of the wicked world, and are now happy that you have so gallantly risen above them, and come out the other end just as spiritually pure as you were in the beginning.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by EdenHazard
-Why?
-Interesting, what is that all about?
-You said 'Ask me anything'.

Because you need to self-finance Masters and I don't have the finances for that.
It's pretty much everything you see when you look out of your window. Ranging from all the infrastructure to buildings, tunnels, dams, highways, roads, bridges, etc Very diverse really.
And, well, I'm unable to answer that question if I don't know what it means. That's why I'm asking you to explain what that is.

You also asked if it is relevant.
Reply 108
Original post by dual EMT
You understand that parental influence never goes away? Subconsciously you will always be making decisions based on the way that your parents raised you.

Anyway I would say that your mentality has been warped in regards to certain social stigmas. You clearly believe that what you done has been noble. That the people who don't adhere to the same code as your religion are lesser in moral value.

I know that you haven't explicitly stated this, but the creation of this thread has an undertone of smugness to it in the first place. Either you or your parents had an idea that at university you would be subjected to all the evil temptations of the wicked world, and are now happy that you have so gallantly risen above them, and come out the other end just as spiritually pure as you were in the beginning.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but **** you buddy.

If you think you know me better than I know myself, then that's fine and all good for you. :smile:

My intention for this thread was to just see how people react to it and tell people that are scared of missing out on uni because they don't do these things that they can still enjoy uni.

My intentions were not to say that I'm a better person. I just think clubbing and drinking alcohol is stupid. That's like saying that all Manchester United fans are stupid. That doesn't mean I think I'm a better person. But fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion.
Because you need to self-finance Masters and I don't have the finances for that.
It's pretty much everything you see when you look out of your window. Ranging from all the infrastructure to buildings, tunnels, dams, highways, roads, bridges, etc Very diverse really.
And, well, I'm unable to answer that question if I don't know what it means. That's why I'm asking you to explain what that is.

Haha, it basically means that in the short run, do you agree that the government should just spend spend and spend now to improve our economy? This is because in the long run, we all die. What do you believe?
Reply 110
Original post by manchesterunited15
You also asked if it is relevant.

Original post by tehforum
yeah but you don't really need to ask if its relevant.

Are your jimmies rustled?

Lol. Alright. I'm still new to this AMA. I thought only relevant questions are supposed to be asked but I think I got the hang of it now.
Reply 111
Haha, it basically means that in the short run, do you agree that the government should just spend spend and spend now to improve our economy? This is because in the long run, we all die. What do you believe?

My knowledge of economy isn't sufficient enough to answer this question really. Can't answer it for that reason. Sorry.
My knowledge of economy isn't sufficient enough to answer this question really. Can't answer it for that reason. Sorry.

You've got to. :mad:

You mean your knowledge of Economics? Interesting response, nevertheless.
Reply 114
Original post by Arketec
You've got to. :mad:

Okay I agree with that thing. Happy?
Reply 115
You mean your knowledge of Economics? Interesting response, nevertheless.

Yes Economics. It's hard to stay focussed after answering dozens of questions in such a short period of time...
Okay I agree with that thing. Happy?

What thing? Explain your answer: are you classical, or Keynesian?
Go wiki, go internet, go search, do anything, but! come up with an answer somehow.
Yes Economics. It's hard to stay focussed after answering dozens of questions in such a short period of time...

I understand. Final question, what do you mean by 'I survived uni?' Are you implying that it was difficult to avoid those things?
Reply 118
Original post by Arketec
What thing? Explain your answer: are you classical, or Keynesian?
Go wiki, go internet, go search, do anything, but! come up with an answer somehow.

I'm a Keynesian.
Reply 119
clubbing may be everything that the urban dictionary suggests but do you not feel that forcing yourself into scenarios that you are un-comfortable/not used to is good practise?

Latest