The Student Room Group

ABBD at AS, applying to Law?

I got ABBD for my AS's, in philosophy English lit chemistry and maths respectively. I knew I was never going to do well in maths and actually unsuccessfully tried to drop it at the beginning of AS, as I knew id do awfully. My chemistry might be also getting remarked as my coursework was messed up and hopefully I'll go up to an A. I've also been really ill this year and missed a lot of school, so really I'm happy with my results given the circumstances. Do you think I would be able to apply successfully to KCL and UCL (a*aa)?My teachers should give me a good reference and mention about my illness, I've done lots of relevant work experience so my PS should be pretty good, and I'm doing a lot of research for the LNAT already. Is it worth bothering applying to these unis or not? Be honest please :smile:
Apply if your remarks push at least one of the Bs to an A. In that case, your LNAT mark needs to be sufficiently high for them to offer you a place-for UCL your LNAT essay needs to stand out too. A great personal statement is of course a must, also.
Original post by ambrgriggs
I got ABBD for my AS's, in philosophy English lit chemistry and maths respectively. I knew I was never going to do well in maths and actually unsuccessfully tried to drop it at the beginning of AS, as I knew id do awfully. My chemistry might be also getting remarked as my coursework was messed up and hopefully I'll go up to an A. I've also been really ill this year and missed a lot of school, so really I'm happy with my results given the circumstances. Do you think I would be able to apply successfully to KCL and UCL (a*aa)?My teachers should give me a good reference and mention about my illness, I've done lots of relevant work experience so my PS should be pretty good, and I'm doing a lot of research for the LNAT already. Is it worth bothering applying to these unis or not? Be honest please :smile:

I'm applying for law, but I'm really crap at essays! I'm generally intrested in law.
(edited 9 years ago)
Depends on what they predict you. Generally, the predict you one grade higher, so A*AA in your case.

Quick Reply

Latest