The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natty_d
Yes. Huge fan.

Kozzaaaaaaaaa :h:

Nice.

I like all their albums bar rock dust light star. Wasn't the greatest.

Favourite tunes from them are Scam and Starchild.
Original post by jam278
Goal was Sanchez' fault.

How? Its zonal, not man marking... Koscielny was clearly at fault there, but ultimately a lack of communication which led to it. If Mertesacker was playing I doubt this would happen.
need sanogo to break his african juju curse, hasn't been as disruptive as normal.
I hate zonal marking. Why do we insist on it?
Original post by baconbutty
We look set for another season of terrible chance creation and boring football. Why do our team seem incapable of any decent off the ball movement? Wenger should sit the lads down and just watch man city DVDs for our match preparation

Just because TP was left a day ago doesn't mean Palace will suddenly change their style. This is practically TP team out today with his tactics, so you shouldn't prematurely judge Arsenal chance creation on this match. Palace are currently difficult opposition to break down, as we've seen
Original post by little_tom
How? Its zonal, not man marking... Koscielny was clearly at fault there, but ultimately a lack of communication which led to it. If Mertesacker was playing I doubt this would happen.

I find the problem of allowing Hangelaand to get a run on the defenders. At least grab him if he's going to get into a dangerous area.

I'm a fan of zonal marking but Sanchez should have been a bit more aggressive. He just allows him to get a run which is the one thing you shouldn't do when defending set pieces. Even if you're in your zone if they've done a perfect corner it's impossible to stop it because he's got a run into the right area.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
Just because TP was left a day ago doesn't mean Palace will suddenly change their style. This is practically TP team out today with his tactics, so you shouldn't prematurely judge Arsenal chance creation on this match. Palace are currently difficult opposition to break down, as we've seen

I won't hold my breath tbh how many games last season did it take us 30+mins just to register a shot on target. We never get in behind anyone unless Walcott is playing the team just do stupid 1-2s on the edge of the box and lose possession
Original post by jam278
Nice.

I like all their albums bar rock dust light star. Wasn't the greatest.

Favourite tunes from them are Scam and Starchild.

Scam is a great tune. She's A Fast Persuader off Rock Dust Light Star is a tune though.

The first 5 albums are sublime, personally my favourite is Travelling Without Moving, I can never listen to Sykronized the whole way though as I find that album a little "dark" (I guess it was with all Jay Kay's drug taking) but A Funk Odyssey is a complete redemption.

If I had to pick my favourite tunes, I'd probably go with You Give Me Something, Mr Moon, Hooked Up, Soul Education, and the Abbey Road version of Travelling Without Moving.
Original post by baconbutty
I won't hold my breath tbh how many games last season did it take us 30+mins just to register a shot on target. We never get in behind anyone unless Walcott is playing the team just do stupid 1-2s on the edge of the box and lose possession

Last season yeah we had problems that's because there was an obviously lack of pace in the team. We've addressed that with Campbell and Sanchez add pace.

Palace are parking the bus, They're specially playing to stifle Arsenal by denying us space in behind. It's so obvious why can't you see this
Original post by natty_d
Scam is a great tune. She's A Fast Persuader off Rock Dust Light Star is a tune though.

The first 5 albums are sublime, personally my favourite is Travelling Without Moving, I can never listen to Sykronized the whole way though as I find that album a little "dark" (I guess it was with all Jay Kay's drug taking) but A Funk Odyssey is a complete redemption.

If I had to pick my favourite tunes, I'd probably go with You Give Me Something, Mr Moon, Hooked Up, Soul Education, and the Abbey Road version of Travelling Without Moving.

Travelling without moving :hi5:

Yeah fast persuader is a good tune tbf.

Synkronized I got used to it but yeah felt a bit dark like you say although Canned heat was very good. Funk Odyssey. Genuinely can't find a best album. Emergency on Planet earth to Dynamite were all good. Synkronized probably the weakest of them but still good. Probs will choose Return of Space Cowboy or TWM.

How can I forget Mr Moon and Soul Education. Good tune are the songs on the B side of a funk odyssey, everybody's going to the moon and Do it Like We Used To Do.
Original post by natty_d

Original post by jam278
Travelling without moving :hi5:

Yeah fast persuader is a good tune tbf.

Synkronized I got used to it but yeah felt a bit dark like you say although Canned heat was very good. Funk Odyssey. Genuinely can't find a best album. Emergency on Planet earth to Dynamite were all good. Synkronized probably the weakest of them but still good. Probs will choose Return of Space Cowboy or TWM.

How can I forget Mr Moon and Soul Education. Good tune are the songs on the B side of a funk odyssey, everybody's going to the moon and Do it Like We Used To Do.

>>>>> misc thread
Original post by jam278
I find the problem of allowing Hangelaand to get a run on the defenders. At least grab him if he's going to get into a dangerous area.

I'm a fan of zonal marking but Sanchez should have been a bit more aggressive. He just allows him to get a run which is the one thing you shouldn't do when defending set pieces. Even if you're in your zone if they've done a perfect corner it's impossible to stop it because he's got a run into the right area.

There was no need for him to go with the runner because Haageland moved to Koscielny's space, Alexis has no responsibility to defend that area, and if he moves to that side he leaves the far left vulnerable. It was a soft goal to concede, again due to lack of communication.

People can blame the system but we have been using it for over two years now and our defensive record has only improved since incorporating it. Last year we had the best defensive record from set pieces. Szcz prefers it, too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Gibbs injured again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Monreal on. :afraid:
At least it's not Andre Santos
Santi has struggled today, Ox for Santi?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*

Posted from TSR Mobile

should have been done ages ago tbh
Santi and Sanchez not thensevles today
Chamakh has been very good so far.

Latest