The Student Room Group

Help with UCAS not updating

Hi, i'm asking this for somebody else as they do not have an account..

She applied for Primary Education at Edge Hill and has met all of her conditions (including QTS Tests), however track has not updated. It can't be a problem with her QTS tests as her insurance (Cumbria) has changed to unconditional.

She has rang both UCAS and Edge Hill who have basically blamed each other, so she is still not really any of the wiser.

This is a problem because it seems many of the applicants at Edge Hill are not receiving their first choice (or in some cases any of their 5 choices:s-smilie:) of accommodation - they do not get told their accommodation until their application becomes unconditional. She needs to know whether she will have en-suite/shared or catered/self-catered so she can get prepared.

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by harrym96
Hi, i'm asking this for somebody else as they do not have an account..

She applied for Primary Education at Edge Hill and has met all of her conditions (including QTS Tests), however track has not updated. It can't be a problem with her QTS tests as her insurance (Cumbria) has changed to unconditional.

She has rang both UCAS and Edge Hill who have basically blamed each other, so she is still not really any of the wiser.

This is a problem because it seems many of the applicants at Edge Hill are not receiving their first choice (or in some cases any of their 5 choices:s-smilie:) of accommodation - they do not get told their accommodation until their application becomes unconditional. She needs to know whether she will have en-suite/shared or catered/self-catered so she can get prepared.

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks :smile:

Hi
I hope this has been sorted by now, but if not......
I think your friend needs to ring the accommodation office at Edge Hill to make sure that she will definitely be allocated some form of accommodation.
Last year, my daughter had QTS offers for both Edge Hill and Cumbria, but she opted for Cumbria because despite all the new builds, Edge Hill couldn't guarantee a place in halls. We knew about a waiting list, but this could have gone on for weeks. As the crow flies, we live relatively close to the campus, but for us Ormskirk is pretty difficult to travel to on public transport.
I suspect Edge Hill is being overloaded with students this year. I know they had extra allocations for teacher training due to a previously 'outstanding' Ofsted (this is now outdated since their recent 2014 inspection under the newer , stricter criteria).
If she can get the accommodation I'm sure she will love it there, but if not, she might be left with travelling in every day for a while.
Reply 2
Original post by fleta10
Hi
I hope this has been sorted by now, but if not......
I think your friend needs to ring the accommodation office at Edge Hill to make sure that she will definitely be allocated some form of accommodation.
Last year, my daughter had QTS offers for both Edge Hill and Cumbria, but she opted for Cumbria because despite all the new builds, Edge Hill couldn't guarantee a place in halls. We knew about a waiting list, but this could have gone on for weeks. As the crow flies, we live relatively close to the campus, but for us Ormskirk is pretty difficult to travel to on public transport.
I suspect Edge Hill is being overloaded with students this year. I know they had extra allocations for teacher training due to a previously 'outstanding' Ofsted (this is now outdated since their recent 2014 inspection under the newer , stricter criteria).
If she can get the accommodation I'm sure she will love it there, but if not, she might be left with travelling in every day for a while.

Thank you for responding, her insurance is Cumbria but I know she's got her heart set on a Edge Hill. The 'helpful' support staff at Edge Hill basically told her she can't do anything all weekend and has to wait for the accommodation office to re open on Monday :frown:
Reply 3
Thank you for responding, her insurance is Cumbria but I know she's got her heart set on a Edge Hill. The 'helpful' support staff at Edge Hill basically told her she can't do anything all weekend and has to wait for the accommodation office to re open on Monday :frown:

Good luck to her - I'm sure it will all work out well in the end.
Reply 4
Original post by fleta10
Good luck to her - I'm sure it will all work out well in the end.

It all got sorted (technical glitch apparently :redface:) - thank you for your help and reassurance :smile:
It all got sorted (technical glitch apparently :redface:) - thank you for your help and reassurance :smile:

In the future, anything wrong with yours or a friends UCAS application, the best thing to do is phone them straight away and get it sorted. They're usually pretty good at getting things changed. I had to change 2 of my choices this year as after I had applied they contacted to state there weren't enough applications to make running the course viable. Fortunately, in the end I got accepted at my first choice.

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending