The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
So apparently Im an attention seeking cow who deserves everything she gets and deserved the sexual abuse that went from age eight (god knows how they found out about that) and I think Im the "only one whos ever had it hard". I give up Im ****ing done im done with this.

-hits keyboard- HOW VERY ****ING DARE THEY. HOW. DARE. THEY. brb. getting axe, becoming axe murderer.

Original post by PandaWho
Whos said that hun???
You deserved none of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ this. I second this so hard. Who is it that I need to lock in a small room with my workmate Danny, after someones fed him dairy?
so tired, hate this, hate it so much. can't do this.
Original post by lauraaaaa
I did the same :lol:

There weren't even the right number of words, but there you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy
I don't know if I should apologise or not? :lol:

Nah, it's not your fault my brain makes weird connections the whole time! :lol: And it got Pompeii out of my head for the first time in dauys, which can only be good :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to people who quoted me earlier or last night, I'll reply at some point but currently feeling awful :frown:

Spoiler

I told my flatmate I'd do a load of washing but I just want to go curl up in bed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Whos said that hun???
You deserved none of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ScaryScience
:jumphug: on facebook if you need

Original post by .snowflake.
-hits keyboard- HOW VERY ****ING DARE THEY. HOW. DARE. THEY. brb. getting axe, becoming axe murderer.

^ this. I second this so hard. Who is it that I need to lock in a small room with my workmate Danny, after someones fed him dairy?

Its an unknown number- Ive deleted the text and blocked the number. Have a pretty good idea who it is. Dont know what to do- in bits. :cry2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
Its an unknown number- Ive deleted the text and blocked the number. Have a pretty good idea who it is. Dont know what to do- in bits. :cry2:

whoever they are, they're a coward and a liar. none of that is true at all :penguinhug:
Reply 127
Original post by tasha96

Thats horrible hun! Completely and utterly horrible! How dare someone say that to anyone let alone someone who is still vulnrable!
Good idea blocking them hun.
Is there any chance you could get a new number?
:penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96

-huggggggggggging-
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while without posting anything. But I really need some advice, and I'd appreciate it if you could help me out.

I got my AS results on Thursday. Although on the whole I was pleased (I got AAAABC), I needed to do better in the subject I got a C in (chemistry) to justify applying to the universities I had in mind to study biochem: Oxford, Imperial, Exeter, Manchester, Warwick and Kent were all in the mix. I'm confident that my understanding is better than a C - but panic attacks and generally being afraid of everything make exams very hard.

I was planning to apply with extenuating circumstances whatever my results were. My mental health seriously suffocated my first year at Sixth Form as well as my GCSE years. My psych and my GP are happy to help - but will universities see mental ill health as a serious detrimental factor?

Here's the catch: my school don't know. Because of confidentiality limits, I've found it easier not to tell anyone - parents don't know either. Obviously some teachers are more observant than others (e.g. asking about cuts, knowing I can't handle pressure in lessons) but they aren't officially aware of any extenuating circumstances.

Has anybody experienced applying with extenuating circumstances to any of the universities mentioned above? Or any other related experiences that they could share? Were they understanding? Do I need to tell my school - do the details need to be contained in their reference?

Thanks so much for any help. I'm totally lost.

A
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while without posting anything. But I really need some advice, and I'd appreciate it if you could help me out.

I got my AS results on Thursday. Although on the whole I was pleased (I got AAAABC), I needed to do better in the subject I got a C in (chemistry) to justify applying to the universities I had in mind to study biochem: Oxford, Imperial, Exeter, Manchester, Warwick and Kent were all in the mix. I'm confident that my understanding is better than a C - but panic attacks and generally being afraid of everything make exams very hard.

I was planning to apply with extenuating circumstances whatever my results were. My mental health seriously suffocated my first year at Sixth Form as well as my GCSE years. My psych and my GP are happy to help - but will universities see mental ill health as a serious detrimental factor?

Here's the catch: my school don't know. Because of confidentiality limits, I've found it easier not to tell anyone - parents don't know either. Obviously some teachers are more observant than others (e.g. asking about cuts, knowing I can't handle pressure in lessons) but they aren't officially aware of any extenuating circumstances.

Has anybody experienced applying with extenuating circumstances to any of the universities mentioned above? Or any other related experiences that they could share? Were they understanding? Do I need to tell my school - do the details need to be contained in their reference?

Thanks so much for any help. I'm totally lost.

A

First, -hugging- I didn't apply via UCAS with a mental illness, but I'm juggling panic disorder (panic attacks, anxiety) alongside a chemistry degree. My tutor ... tries to help, but he's had absolutely no training w.r.t mental health, so I think he's a little scared of saying the wrong thing. My department have been really helpful, my GP has thrown EVERYTHING at me. the disabled students committee makes me feel, like I'm not alone.
Reply 131
I was taken to hospital two days ago. After my condition was stabilised, I was then assessed and posted on to the looney bin.

People and staff here seem fairly decent 200% better that the last ward I was on. Hopefully they can not only help me ride this episode out but also put a plan in place for my future so I am kot akways having to start from scratch
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jay84
I was taken to hospital two days ago. After my condition was stabilised, I was then assessed and posted on to the looney bin.

People and staff here seem fairly decent 200% better that the last ward I was on. Hopefully they can not only help me ride this episode out but also put a plan in place for my future so I am kot akways having to start from scratch

oh goodness, I'm sorry :console: hope you can get some better support now
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jay84

-hugs- mate. I hope you're not in the nuthut for too long, and I'm glad to hear that the people are nice.
(edited 9 years ago)
feeling pretty **** right now. dunno what to do. might have a bath or something
Hi guys,

I thought I would come to this thread as this looks like a really good and supportive thread for mental health issues. I think it's a great thing since we can all feel alone and like there is no-one to talk to or that people will judge but this thread provides a place to talk about it and give each other support!

Spoiler

feeling pretty **** right now. dunno what to do. might have a bath or something

:hugs: I find the best thing to do when feeling like this is to either do something relaxing, or something you enjoy. A nice warm bath would be nice. Maybe with a book/magazine?
feel so guilty for faking how i really feel around my family, i hate it, i come up to my room and sob and cry but the minute i leave it i'm sarcastic, sassy sarah who cracks jokes and puns and laughs so much. i hate this double life. just don't want to do this any more.

Original post by Jay84

oh hun :hugs: hope you're doing ok now :redface: I'm happy for you that this ward seems better though, fingers crossed this will be a turning point in your life!!
Original post by Star-girl
Hi guys,

I thought I would come to this thread as this looks like a really good and supportive thread for mental health issues. I think it's a great thing since we can all feel alone and like there is no-one to talk to or that people will judge but this thread provides a place to talk about it and give each other support!

Spoiler

hiya! welcome to the club :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 138
Got 5 diaries to do and i just cant bring myself to do them!

Cant seem to stop eating either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. I think that there definitely people who are kind and understanding, and are doing it for the right reasons, but agree that with the way the system is at the moment, they simply cannot work to their full potential. I have to say though, I'm yet to really meet anyone, apart from maybe 1 GP who was bothered enough to actually try and help, and who didn't make me feel worse. The rest of the people I've met are heartless and callous. I have no idea how they got into mental health care. Having said that, the area I got most of my support in are notorious for providing **** care, even for physical health. So it's no surprise that psychiatric care I in absolute tatters.

I completely agree. It just doesnt make sense,

Latest