The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by david.sutton
When are we likley to her about halls as I need to know to start being ablet o budget

You should hear in the next few days :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by laurenn1995
Beech Court, Ground Floor, Flat 46, Room 313 :smile:

I'm in beech court too!

Woop! Which flat are you near? :P
Hi there! Anyone else doing ancient history and archaeology? :smile:
Original post by flamegoblin0
Oak house BE.2.56.379 anyone?

I'm in oak house too :smile: single with basin , have you seen any pictures of the interior ? I cant seem to find many
Original post by Spelled
Will anybody else studying International Management with American Business Studies?

Oh and how long does it take to be notified about accommodation? I applied last week for Oak House basic, Oak House basin and Sheavyn as third choice.

I got an offer for oak house today but I applied in March so your offer might be end of August time as you applied last week. Good luck with getting in! :smile:
Original post by Fernaroni
I'm in oak house too :smile: single with basin , have you seen any pictures of the interior ? I cant seem to find many

Have you looked at the accommodation FAQ? It has some pictures of Oak House: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Have you looked at the accommodation FAQ? It has some pictures of Oak House: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577

Thankyou that was really helpful :smile: Can't wait to go now
Original post by Fernaroni
Thankyou that was really helpful :smile: Can't wait to go now

We should be thanking Origami Bullets for putting it together really. :tongue:
hey there :smile:
So I wanted to ask when it would be the best move-in date..like I know that we can move in from the 11th and that's when i was thinking to move (mostly because airplanes are way cheaper that day coming from italy) but i dont know if it's too early? or there is gonna be a decent number of people already?
Original post by greefy17
So I wanted to ask when it would be the best move-in date..like I know that we can move in from the 11th and that's when i was thinking to move (mostly because airplanes are way cheaper that day coming from italy) but i dont know if it's too early? or there is gonna be a decent number of people already?

I'm going on the 14th but I have no idea when anyone else is going either .I guess people will be there one or two days early as it will be the weekend and parents can take them :smile:
Original post by PromiseKim
I have never had a pub night or a real club night but I'm rather chilled. Wack in some karaoke and I'm ready to go! Hehehe :3
I'm gonna study European Studies and German :smile: and I will be staying at home... I hope I meet people worth meeting despite me not living in halls...what about you?? :biggrin:

I'm living at home too and haven't been much of social butterfly clubbing-wise during my college years either! I'm just hoping that living at home won't make stop me from meeting great new people. Fingers crossed, eh?
Original post by BeccaBoot
:biggrin: What course are you on?

Politics and Modern History. You?
Original post by aadamafc
Politics and Modern History. You?

Politics and International Relations
Original post by greefy17

I'm coming on the 13th. I expect most people will be moving in on the 13th or 14th as it's the weekend.
Computer science with business and management anyone? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm coming on the 13th. I expect most people will be moving in on the 13th or 14th as it's the weekend.

What about freshers week?
Original post by Hirsty3359
What about freshers week?

Freshers/Welcome Week starts on the 15th.
Reply 2117
Original post by BPreston
Computer science with business and management anyone? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing modern languages and business & management :top:
I do have a question for everyone. I missed by one grade my Biochem offer at Manchester( AAB and I got ABC, Bio was very close to an A so wasn't the issue at all but Chem I got the C which was the issue) but I have been offered and accepted the opportunity to do a Life Sciences foundation degree for a year before I can actually start my course. Being the case, will people who go to do the Foundation courses be welcome to go to Freshers Week, its been on my mind for the last few days just how exactly it works. Hopefully next year I can start my course proper, really excited and not at all bothered I have to spend an extra year at Uni
Freshers/Welcome Week starts on the 15th.

Oh really?
Where is the info?

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending