The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

AS Grades

I'm having a bit of a panic. For my AS grades I got CDDU which was completely unexpected as I was targeted A's and B's :frown: Chester was going to be my first choice for 2015, but now I'm worried I won't get an offer, never mind end up there next year. Any advice on whether to even bother applying or the likely hood of me receiving an offer would be helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Oh and I'm wanting to study law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
You should just apply and if it doesn't work out then try doing an access course for humanities law that's what I done and I got into chester to do criminology and psychology.. but think positive:smile:.. good luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redhead25
I'm having a bit of a panic. For my AS grades I got CDDU which was completely unexpected as I was targeted A's and B's :frown: Chester was going to be my first choice for 2015, but now I'm worried I won't get an offer, never mind end up there next year. Any advice on whether to even bother applying or the likely hood of me receiving an offer would be helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, our Admissions team would be happy to talk to you and give you advice. Give them a call on 01244 511000 or email [email protected]. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by redhead25

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile:

This time last year I was in a similar position to you. I got CCDU for my AS results and was really disheartened. However I applied to study Law with Criminology and got all of my offers back (Chester included which I accepted as my firm). I worked harder this year and achieved the grades/points I needed (280 points including grades BCC), so I wouldn't worry too much because it's definitely possible for you to get offers with those grades. AS results aren't the be-all and end-all! :smile:
One thing I would suggest though is that when you're applying to uni, make sure you have a strong personal statement highlighting your other strengths - not just academically - to show that your grades don't define you and how intelligent/capable you are.

Good luck! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending