The Student Room Group

quality of Medical school

I'm aware that all medical schools are really good.

This may be subjective, but what schools (and partnered hospitals) train the best doctors and offer the best qualifications? Would you have an advantage over another job applicant if you went to a better med school?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sycopation

This may be subjective, but what schools (and partnered hospitals) train the best doctors and offer the best qualifications?

Your first sentence makes me wonder why you've written the second - you're right, all medical schools are held to high standards set by the General Medical Council so it doesn't make sense to say that school X trains better doctors than school Y.

Certain medical schools are affiliated to world renowned hospitals/institutes e.g. UCL and the NHNN. But this won't make a difference to you as a medical student and it certainly won't make your qualification more valuable than any other medical student's.

Would you have an advantage over another job applicant if you went to a better med school?
Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the applications are blinded anyway i.e. they don't see where you qualified from.
Reply 2
Ok, so there is no better medical school, just one that would fit your learning style and has a decent chance of taking you in?
Ok, so there is no better medical school, just one that would fit your learning style and has a decent chance of taking you in?

Exactly this.

This may be subjective, but what schools (and partnered hospitals) train the best doctors and offer the best qualifications? Would you have an advantage over another job applicant if you went to a better med school?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Different medical schools won't necessarily train the best doctors, but they can train a specific doctor the best. E.g. PBL versus traditional teaching style and so forth. Look at how they structure their courses and how they teach them to see which one appeals to you the most

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending