The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeh it's possible I got a d at as level for further maths and got an a at a2
Reply 21
Original post by paradoxicalme
135/200? You need 320/400 for an A, so you need 185/200 next year which would actually give you an A*. It's impossible for you to get an A - it will either be B or A*.

As for increasing your grades, talk to your teachers, say what you're going to resit and ask for their honest opinion.

Yeah I hope my teachers will give me higher predicted grades than my AS results would suggest. I got 4A* and 8A at GCSE last year and was hoping for AAAA this year but didnt get the grades. Are Universities accommodating in regards to AS slip ups?
Original post by Rebecca1403
Yeah I hope my teachers will give me higher predicted grades than my AS results would suggest. I got 4A* and 8A at GCSE last year and was hoping for AAAA this year but didnt get the grades. Are Universities accommodating in regards to AS slip ups?

You'll have to have a conversation with them. Are there any particular reasons why your grades might have slipped - any weird modules you're getting remarked? Any health or family issues? Any issues with teaching?

It depends on the uni.
Begin studying A2 content it makes it easier to take in during lesson so yotir just polishing off in class.
Go over everything you did in class each night and then each week so you memorise and basically won't need to revsie like mad.

As for retakes.. tbh it depends on you I couldnt be asked and spent a week revisng for one :erm: - lol very Risky, was ****ting my self and the other I did absolutely NO revision and managed to get a high b (no flipping idea how that happend)
But my friend needed like a year to get ready for her chem retake. So it really does depend on you.
To be safe start in feb half term... probably.... I dunno
Reply 24
Original post by paradoxicalme
You'll have to have a conversation with them. Are there any particular reasons why your grades might have slipped - any weird modules you're getting remarked? Any health or family issues? Any issues with teaching?

It depends on the uni.

My Module results were very odd in every subject I got an A or B in the first module then either a very low C or even D in the second?! I don't know what happened at all?!?
Original post by Rebecca1403
My Module results were very odd in every subject I got an A or B in the first module then either a very low C or even D in the second?! I don't know what happened at all?!?

Ask your subject teachers/head of sixth form about remarking some stuff :smile:
Definitely do-able. I managed it in Bio with retakes, hard work and using new techniques and lots of practice.

good luck
Reply 27
which new techniques
Reply 28
help me , i get c (67) in physic and c (62) in chemistry in As result . Is it really possible for me to get an A in both overall combined result As and A2? if i cann pleasee tell how should i target my greds and marks for the upcoming A2 examm . pleaseeee .. i need to get at least 11 points for 3 subjects to fly overseassss... and i get and 1e for As which is only 7 points. is it possible for me to gain back 11 points and above pleaseeee
(edited 1 year ago)

Latest