The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Anyone studying Chemical Engineering this September?

Hello everyone,

I thought I would post a thread for those starting to study chemical engineering at Leeds.
So I got a place at university of Leeds to study chemical engineering this year.
I was wondering if I can get to know some people,and I appreciate if you guys are willing to share some tips,advice and plans for uni preparation.
I am kind of excited and nervous too 😔

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MaleeMalus
Hello everyone,

I thought I would post a thread for those starting to study chemical engineering at Leeds.
So I got a place at university of Leeds to study chemical engineering this year.
I was wondering if I can get to know some people,and I appreciate if you guys are willing to share some tips,advice and plans for uni preparation.
I am kind of excited and nervous too 😔

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Hey, well done for acquiring such a fantastic unconditional offer! I will be studying chemical engineering at Leeds University too!! :bigsmile:

Have you received your place at halls yet? I've just received an offer to stay at Lyddon which I will with honour accept so that I can roll out minutes before lectures start!! :burnout:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey,I am glad I finally found one person,yaay.
well,I did not receive an offer for accommodation yet but I think I put Henry price as the first choice 'cos it is on Campus.
Congratulations to you as well 😀😀😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hey,I am glad I finally found one person,yaay.
well,I did not receive an offer for accommodation yet but I think I put Henry price as the first choice 'cos it is on Campus.
Congratulations to you as well 😀😀😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excellent stuff!! :congrats: Have you thought about the societies you will be joining? I've been thinking of attending Karate and the Food society, as I've heard that the students union hosting such societies are top in the country!! :smile:

And it'll be an ideal way to sharpen some of my rusty food making skills, and also maintain an optimal physical wellness :cool:
Reply 4
Original post by TV20
Excellent stuff!! :congrats: Have you thought about the societies you will be joining? I've been thinking of attending Karate and the Food society, as I've heard that the students union hosting such societies are top in the country!! :smile:

And it'll be an ideal way to sharpen some of my rusty food making skills, and also maintain an optimal physical wellness :cool:

Food society sounds fun :smile:
Yeah, l might join Badminton club,I love playing it but i have not played in ages 'cos i was busy with studies,so i will give it a go this time.

I might also join the photography society as I heard they are holding many trips to beautiful destinations.
Reply 5
Food society sounds fun :smile:
Yeah, l might join Badminton club,I love playing it but i have not played in ages 'cos i was busy with studies,so i will give it a go this time.

I might also join the photography society as I heard they are holding many trips to beautiful destinations.

Interesting pick of societies there! :smile:

Since this conversation is about uni tips, you may like to take a peek at this helpful video about studying effectively. It assisted me well to get the required grades, and its probable that you may have seen it, but oh well I'll give it a try :biggrin:

The link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOTYTuiNaho
yoooo im studyin chemical engineering at leeds too!
Reply 7
Original post by chem-eng-lad

Thats good. Great. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by TV20
Interesting pick of societies there! :smile:

Since this conversation is about uni tips, you may like to take a peek at this helpful video about studying effectively. It assisted me well to get the required grades, and its probable that you may have seen it, but oh well I'll give it a try :biggrin:

The link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOTYTuiNaho

Thanks a lot,it was very helpful,
Are you going to be living in self-catered halls ?
Reply 9
Hellooo,
do you know where you gonna be living ?
Reply 10

Hellooo,
Reply 11
Thanks a lot,it was very helpful,
Are you going to be living in self-catered halls ?

Nope. Lyddon is my hall, and its catered.
Reply 12
Original post by TV20
Nope. Lyddon is my hall, and its catered.

Nice,I guess I have to learn more cooking 'cos mine is self-catered.
Reply 13
Nice,I guess I have to learn more cooking 'cos mine is self-catered.

Perfect moment? For what??!

To attend a food society :biggrin:
Hellooo,

henry price woop woop, wbu?
Reply 15
Original post by TV20
Perfect moment? For what??!

To attend a food society :biggrin:

hahaha that is so true,
but is not that for people who can perfectly cook? lol
Reply 16
henry price woop woop, wbu?

Yaayy,I put Henry price as my first choice too but I did not get the offer yet :frown:
Yaayy,I put Henry price as my first choice too but I did not get the offer yet :frown:

awesome, hope you get in! if you do get your offer im block c! i havnt looked round them i just applied on location only, have you checked them out on an open day?
Reply 18
awesome, hope you get in! if you do get your offer im block c! i havnt looked round them i just applied on location only, have you checked them out on an open day?

No I have not looked around them too cos I did not attend their open days.
I wanted a self-catered hall,henry price was the only option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I have not looked around them too cos I did not attend their open days.
I wanted a self-catered hall,henry price was the only option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh applying to the hall 30s from our building is a no brainer! yh self catered is way more sociable than catered, i dont wanna eat in a dinner hall every night haha

Quick Reply

Latest