The Student Room Group

U's at AS LEVEL???

Has anybody had U's in AS level but managed to change it around in A2???:biggrin:
MOTIVATION PLEASE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tara rose
Has anybody had U's in AS level but managed to change it around in A2???:biggrin:
MOTIVATION PLEASE

You don't need to post multiple threads.
Reply 2
Original post by revel
you don't need to post multiple threads.

whats it to you??
Reply 3
whats it to you??

Doesn't particularly bother me, but it's against the rules and makes help slower for others.
Reply 4
Original post by revel
doesn't particularly bother me, but it's against the rules and makes help slower for others.

i need help
how does it slow down help when nobodys even answered the question
i need help
how does it slow down help when nobodys even answered the question

It's against the rules, so just don't do it.

In answer to your question, I didn't get U's at AS level, but I was getting U's during the course, which I then turned into a C for the exams.
Reply 6
It's possible, but it would take a huge amount of work.

Check out this guys thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055250
With an attitude like yours you would certainly have to make a quick U-turn. Ha.Ha. I'm so funny.
I know people that have gone from Us to Es when they've not done retakes.
But yes, I have seen complete turnarounds with people who've done retakes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Ajibola
It's possible, but it would take a huge amount of work.

Check out this guys thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055250

I'm willing to put in the hard work but without doing a third year like that guy did in the link.
Reply 10
Original post by Eninja
It's against the rules, so just don't do it.

In answer to your question, I didn't get U's at AS level, but I was getting U's during the course, which I then turned into a C for the exams.

Why are people getting emotional over silly little threads. I've only posted two including this one it's not like I've posted a dozen of them.
And plus I'm still new to this.
That sounds promising. What course did you take, if you dont mind me asking??
Reply 11
I think retaking your entire AS year would be best. Seeing as you failed to grade at all, doing double the exams all in one year and getting good grades would be nigh on impossible then you might have to retake A2s. So all in all, I suggest you redo this year maybe with different subjects you like more.
Reply 12
Original post by keromedic
I know people that hA from Us to Es when they've not done retakes.
But yes, I have seen complete turnarounds with people who've done retakes.

Big turnarounds?? Like from a U to like a C?? And have they retook the subject within the two years or have they done a third year then improved the grade??
Big turnarounds?? Like from a U to like a C?? And have they retook the subject within the two years or have they done a third year then improved the grade??

Within the two years. Though I do know some 3rd years. My college is full of people doing 3rd and 4th years. Most extreme change I've seen was U-A.
Reply 14
MOTIVATION PLEASE

This may help.... As came out with two c's and a U.

A2 came out with BCD and got into my firm which asked for BBB
Reply 15
Original post by keromedic
within the two years. Though i do know some 3rd years. My college is full of people doing 3rd and 4th years. Most extreme change i've seen was u-a.

that is absolutely amazing
so i guess there is a slim possibility
thank you
Reply 16
Original post by reggin1
This may help.... As came out with two c's and a U.

A2 came out with BCD and got into my firm which asked for BBB

You know the subject you got a U in?? Did your teacher still let you carry on with that subject at a2??

And Well done. That is absolutely amazing !!
(edited 9 years ago)
that is absolutely amazing
so i guess there is a slim possibility
thank you

That's an extreme example though. Think about why you got the U :smile:.
I got an A and 3 U's at AS
Ended up with ABB at A2 and going to a Russell group uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
You know the subject you got a U in?? Did your teacher still let you carry on with that subject at a2??

I got a U in psychology. My teacher tried to persuade me to drop it but I ignored her and just said i'll do better next time.. she did hate me though. Got a D in it. The only problem now is i'm doing in at uni so i'm probably ****ed....

Quick Reply

Latest