The Student Room Group

What do I do?!

Okay, so right now I'm on a gap year after just getting A*AA for my A2s (German, Economics and History respectively). My firm was deferred entry at KCL for German sole for AAB.

When I applied, I also applied for Oxford but after submitten written work and MLAT test successes and four poor interviews, I was rejected.

So, the question is: do I reapply to Oxbridge again? Do Oxbridge look down on people they've already rejected? Is it possible, that with my grades I could get an unconditional from Oxford this time round if I perform better in the interviews? Also, if I call KCL, is there a chance I could change my course to something like German with History with my A2 grades?

I'm on a gap year anyway so its not like I'd be missing too much but it'd mean going through the whole stress of the application process again with no guarantees of getting in anyway.

What do you guys think? What would you do?
Reply 1
I think you should contact the unis and see what they say :smile:
Original post by JNDSAN
Okay, so right now I'm on a gap year after just getting A*AA for my A2s (German, Economics and History respectively). My firm was deferred entry at KCL for German sole for AAB.

When I applied, I also applied for Oxford but after submitten written work and MLAT test successes and four poor interviews, I was rejected.

So, the question is: do I reapply to Oxbridge again? Do Oxbridge look down on people they've already rejected? Is it possible, that with my grades I could get an unconditional from Oxford this time round if I perform better in the interviews? Also, if I call KCL, is there a chance I could change my course to something like German with History with my A2 grades?

I'm on a gap year anyway so its not like I'd be missing too much but it'd mean going through the whole stress of the application process again with no guarantees of getting in anyway.

What do you guys think? What would you do?

Talking to Kings about a course change would be an option

You cannot apply to a new university whilst holding a deferred offer - so - if you want to apply to Oxford you will ned to be released from Kings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending