The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hey there!

Going to study Law with Criminology and I think I'm the only person who is both really excited but really scared at the same time, does anyone else feel like this? Oh yeah and how the hell do you use a washing machine? D:
Reply 1
Original post by Chlomc
No you're not the only one! I'm the exact same tbh. Will be over 5 hours from everything and everyone I know. Which I can't wait for and I'm terrified of at the same time :L
Thankfully youtube has a fair few videos on the subject of washing machines haha :smile: x

I'm moving 2 hours away and none of my friends are going, I feel like a fish out of a water, I'm just gonna be like 'oh hello... who are you?' ahaha
What are you studying? x
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Chlomc
Snap. I'm really awkward until I get to know people as well haha. But I've had the not knowing anyone experience several times so far, so it'll be fine I promise :smile: I'm studying Psychology :3 (that's the first time I said it like it's definitely going to happen. YAY for non disappointing results yesterday :P) What accommodation you staying in? x

Once I get to know people, that's it then, I don't shut up :') Omg, same, I burst out crying when I got the confirmation email. It was so overwhelming ahaha :biggrin: and Taylor Court, you? x
Reply 3
Original post by Chlomc
You sound exactly like me :smile: Awh I almost did, Much love to my cat who is so smart that she woke me up 5 minutes after the email sent so I read it pretty much straight away thanks to her :smile: This feeling of relief is bliss atm! What subject did you do? Oh cool! I'm at the lawns :smile: Have you got your welcome pack yet? I can't decide what events I want to go to although chocolate making + tasting and karaoke is a must for me :P x

I woke up at 6 panicking because I thought I missed results so as I was actually falling back to sleep, the email came through and I burst into tears :') I studied Politics, Drama and Theology you? I was going to apply for the Lawns but it is more expensive than Taylor Court and I am classed as a disabled student too /: Yeah I did! I don't know whether to get a platinum card but I haven't properly read it yet but I did see those too and was like 'THATS ME ALL OVER IT!' haha :smile: x
Reply 4
Original post by Chlomc
Ooh nice choices. I always missed Drama... I couldn't choose it as an A level because I suck but I still loved it and found it very very fun. I did History, Psychology and English Language. Ah fair enough :smile: I may just get the wristband to start with because its cheaper and I don't like spending money :L But yea I'll look more into it later. Dude there is not 1 but 2 karaokes. I'm going to both... Can't even sing :L x

I did English language at AS level but dropped it because I sucked at it like literally ahaha :') but doesn't the platinum card last all year? How much is the wristband? I hate spending money, when I go shopping, I love charity shops :L OMG NO WAY, I'm going both, I'm gonna be all over that! Where are you coming from? I live near Liverpool but I'm not a scouser aha :L x
Reply 5
Original post by Chlomc
I suck at it as well actually haha. Had no choice but to carry it on though. When I picked my 4 AS subjects it included Biology, which I ended up getting kicked off of less than 2 months in :L So I only did 3 AS and had to keep doing them all for A2. Would have dropped English Language if I could have! It's not that it's insanely difficult or anything it's just really boring and difficult to motivate yourself to try. Seriously hated it :L
Yeah it does, I may get it if I can force my parents to contribute :L I think the wristband is 30 odd. Same, and primark <3 Aha that's the right attitude to have! I'm coming from Essex but I don't sound like I'm from Essex because only been here 2 years (thank god). I actually love all northern accents :3 x

English is so boring but I found it difficult, I missed 3 months of year 12 because I was sick D: if I beg my mum, she will probably get it me at the end of August :L oh I <3 Primark + Select Fashion, there's loads of cheap shops up here aha :biggrin: Every time I call my friends who live in Reading or Essex, they're like 'omg your a scouser!' and I'm like no? :') I love southern accents, especially Bristol, they sound like Farmers ahaha x
Reply 6
Original post by Chlomc
That sucks! I didn't go in a lot aswell over the 2 years but I don't think it was 3 months worth. I wasn't in for the first 2 weeks though actually because I was in hospital having piercings cut out :L Begging mum? I may try that :smile: I don't live near Primark here, the nearest one is like 50 minute drive away. I haven't been in ages but I shall be having a huge haul soon I hope :smile: Ahah people can't tell when they have an accent though can they? I find it weird when it's so obvious to me they do! Ohh I lived just outside Bristol and then Bath for a few years before coming here. The farmer accent never fails to make me smile and I can imitate it quite well! x

I used to have my medusa pierced but the doctor made me take it out :') oh god, how can live so far from primark, I have to get the train to go likw but it's not far. :') no, I hate my voice tbh aha. Omg I have to hear this aha x
Reply 7
Original post by Chlomc
They look like they'd be such a painful piercing :L But pretty though! Urgh doctors suck with piercings. I have to have x-rays now and then and it's just a pain taking them all out. Sometimes I don't and you can see them on the x-ray which is amusing :3 Well we shall have to meet up sometimes when we get there and I shall attempt being bristolian for the day :smile: x

I hate xrays, they proper scare me D: ahaha and omg I think we should go kareoke night and hog tje microphones x
Reply 8
Original post by Chlomc
I've had a few every year since I was 5 so meh not scary to me really just boring! Used to get stickers and sweets when I was younger though, but they stopped giving them to me now I'm an "adult" ... I STILL WANT MY LOLYPOP OK? aha yeah totally we'll have to try a scouse/bristolian duet :smile: x

Ahahaha, I've had loads, I had something up with my foot when I was 8 and they gave me like 7 in the space of a month. That must have been awful considering you were only 5 when it started :frown: can I ask why? It annoys me that they don't, its like excuse me, lollipop please?! Omg yes! This needs to happen now x
Reply 9
Original post by Chlomc
Stupid genetics is why haha. My bones are ****ed up and weird shape. Like how normal joints are supposed to be circular? My consultant says mine are the shape of squashed mushrooms :L Haha exactly :tongue: I agree. Any song ideas? X

Omg, are your joints better now like or do they still affect your everyday life? And ooh, I don't like being put on the spot, have you?x
Reply 10
Original post by Chlomc
They're the same but don't really affect me much :smile: Haha no idea. Shall see how i feel on the day :smile: x

Oh thats good :smile: we should sing proper cheesy songs just to pee everyone off aha x

Quick Reply

Latest