The Student Room Group

Which University takes your breathe away for the pretty buildings?

Scroll to see replies

Stanford... I have a dream...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leeds Met, the building is nicer (from the outside) than University of Leeds.

Original post by kayleighisonfire

Not bad.jpeg

It would look nicer if it was white though
Original post by ParetoOptimum
Not bad.jpeg

It would look nicer if it was white though

The photo doesn't do it justice, it's all campus based and the buildings make a square (couldn't find a picture on Google)

I disagree, Leeds Uni is white (it's bad enough that here people don't know the difference between the three universities) plus I'm like the ''brick look''

Much prefer Met to Uni.

(edited 9 years ago)
The photo doesn't do it justice, it's all campus based and the buildings make a square (couldn't find a picture on Google)

I disagree, Leeds Uni is white (it's bad enough that here people don't know the difference between the three universities) plus I'm like the ''brick look''

Much prefer Met to Uni.

Fair play. For anything Neo-classical (like the Met building) I think white is the best colour. Red brick has its place for sure... I think it's better suited for neo-gothic architecture like St. Pancras Station in London

Xiamen University China

21.jpg

The location is good, too, just moments from the sea.

xmu_landscape_s.jpg
Nottingham's campus is stunning, the only reason I didn't apply there was because the ratio of applicants to places for my course was absolutely ridiculous. I went to their open day and the talk for my course focused a lot on why you wouldn't get an offer.
University of Bolton
I loved Oxford. York itself was stunning, along with KCL strand campus (somerset house), Edinburgh and Leeds was nice in some areas too!

That is rather grand and beautiful.

I was impressed by Exeter when I went on a visit to a friend there. I also thought Edinburgh had some very attractive vistas.
Original post by cambio wechsel
Xiamen University China

Sometimes Chinese architecture can be stunning. I love the colour and design of the roofs on that structure. :smile:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
That is rather grand and beautiful.

I was impressed by Exeter when I went on a visit to a friend there. I also thought Edinburgh had some very attractive vistas.

It really is. I was there again today and inside the building where the library is there's old stone steps! It's amazing there (damn I'm slowly liking the university :angry:)

Yeah I like both Exeter and Edinburgh too.

I thought I was the only one who looked at the architecture etc when picking a university :s-smilie:
Original post by ParetoOptimum
Fair play. For anything Neo-classical (like the Met building) I think white is the best colour. Red brick has its place for sure... I think it's better suited for neo-gothic architecture like St. Pancras Station in London

The station doesn't look bad I just don't like it as much as the Met building :smile:
The station doesn't look bad I just don't like it as much as the Met building :smile:

The Met Building :eek:

Original post by cambio wechsel
Xiamen University China

I like that.
It really is. I was there again today and inside the building where the library is there's old stone steps! It's amazing there (damn I'm slowly liking the university :angry:)

Yeah I like both Exeter and Edinburgh too.

I thought I was the only one who looked at the architecture etc when picking a university :s-smilie:

No way. Part of the motivation for me has always been the architecture, who wants to sit and read history in an awful library constructed in the 20th century?
Reply 176
Original post by DErasmus
No way. Part of the motivation for me has always been the architecture, who wants to sit and read history in an awful library constructed in the 20th century?

The buildings do matter when it is a tight decision between Warwick and Edinburgh (Edinburgh wins hands down) and Greenwich and London Met (Greenwich wins).
Original post by nulli tertius
The Met Building :eek:

No as in Leeds Met I mentioned earlier.
No as in Leeds Met I mentioned earlier.

Sorry it was just you were commenting on St Pancras.
Original post by nulli tertius
Sorry it was just you were commenting on St Pancras.

Ahh okay, I posted a picture of it a page or 2 back. It's a red brick building and someone said they prefer it to be used on buildings like ST Pancras than one universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending