The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

purple-duck
I’m not sure tbh how I’d face that at all either I remember walking past a primary school by me and having kids ask me to kick their ball back over the fence was scary enough and they were behind a fence!
How’re you doing?

Haha. Oh no :frown:.

I'm fine thanks. Was quite teary on Thursday but I'm not better now. Interesting conversations with family post-results though!
Grandma on Thursday
Grandma: Will you call my friend.
Me: Is it an emergency? I'm upset and I just want to talk to my friends.
Grandma: That stupid boy can't even do one simple thing for myself. I go to his house cleaning and doing everything for himself and he tells me "no".
A couple hours later
Me: How are you feeling grandma?
Grandma: What do you mean how I'm feeling? How do you think I feel after you insulted me earlier?
Me: I was upset grandma. I just found out I failed my A levels. I was upset. I just needed some time. I listen to you all the time when you're upset.
Grandma: And you have the audacity to blame me for doing badly. Hahaha, I knew this boy was going to do this. Get out my house, go! If you don't like it here, don't come back. I don't want you here. If I was dying, I wouldn't take a glass of water from you.

Sister today
Me: Hey Donda. I didn't do well in my results.
Sister: I'm glad.
Me: I don't think you heard me properly. I didn't do well in my results.
Sister: I know and I'm glad you didn't do well. In fact, I was doing everything in my power to make sure you didn't.
Me: Why?
Sister: Because I don't want you to go to University.
The conversation progressed and it resolved somewhat okay.

These are the sort of situations I often encounter. Gran has early stages of Alzhimiers and sis is in MH atm for her bipolar.

Anyway, I've developed a thicker skin than most :smile:. I feel alright now. Now have some friends and good acquaintances!
Blah, I hate my constant indecisiveness. I'm not the biggest fan of studying tbh, and I'm not super great at it either, but part of me still kinda wants a degree, just for the sake of feeling smarter, possibly increasing my career prospects, and also getting people off my back about not having a degree. I'm just so stuck. Hate having to make all these big life decisions. Urgh.
Reply 202
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Blah, I hate my constant indecisiveness. I'm not the biggest fan of studying tbh, and I'm not super great at it either, but part of me still kinda wants a degree, just for the sake of feeling smarter, possibly increasing my career prospects, and also getting people off my back about not having a degree. I'm just so stuck. Hate having to make all these big life decisions. Urgh.

What about doing a foundation year degree??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
What about doing a foundation year degree??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I could do, but I'd still have to choose a subject. So many things I have a slight interest in, but no one big passion. Ah well, hopefully it'll come to me one day....
Reply 204
I know I could do, but I'd still have to choose a subject. So many things I have a slight interest in, but no one big passion. Ah well, hopefully it'll come to me one day....

My auntie didnt go to uni until she was in her 30s or 40s
And remember not all degrees are academic!
I did/still doing a vocational degree with a placement module in each year because im about as non academic as they come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
Thanks for the kind words :smile: I think you're the only person that's ever beaten wolf in the dedication you give to replying to so many people at once! Not surprised it took you a while :P

I always end up reading through the thread, not replying for ages, then finally getting round to it :colondollar:
Haha - I don't think so :tongue: This just seems longer because some of the quotes are quite lengthy :colondollar: Thank you though :redface: :biggrin:

Original post by Sabertooth
My psychiatrist did increase my meds but I'm unsure whether that's completely the reason I'm sleeping so much. Probably more than just a little bit of laziness thrown into the mix. :colondollar:

Ooh, which pokemon game?

Ah, have they been helping with stuff? Other than sleepiness :colondollar: :redface: Yeah but if you're tired then you're tired, difficult to get stuff done at the best of times let alone when sleepy :smile: Though I'm never sure myself when I'm being lazy or it's MH stuff or what :dontknow: Considering I'm really not that bad MH-wise on the grand scale it's probably more lazy :s-smilie:

Well - pokemon fire red, just sort of to have as a keep-sake :redface: I used to have the 2 of them, and sapphire (among others) but I was a stupid small child and decided to sell them in to Game or some place :tongue: Luckily have recovered/rebought most of the games I used to own, though still regretting my silly stupid mistake :colondollar: *glares at younger self "WHY?!"*
Also Pokemon White/Black, because it's really high time I played one of them :tongue: Haven't touched gen 5 yet. (Also need to finish their sequels and then I can have a need to get the 3DS to play X/Y and Saph/Ruby remakes :biggrin:)

Original post by keromedic

I'm fine thanks. Was quite teary on Thursday but I'm not better now. Interesting conversations with family post-results though!
Grandma on Thursday
Grandma: That stupid boy can't even do one simple thing for myself. I go to his house cleaning and doing everything for himself and he tells me "no".
A couple hours later
Grandma: What do you mean how I'm feeling? How do you think I feel after you insulted me earlier?
Me: I was upset grandma. I just found out I failed my A levels. I was upset. I just needed some time. I listen to you all the time when you're upset.
Grandma: And you have the audacity to blame me for doing badly. Hahaha, I knew this boy was going to do this. Get out my house, go! If you don't like it here, don't come back. I don't want you here. If I was dying, I wouldn't take a glass of water from you.

Sister today
Sister: I know and I'm glad you didn't do well. In fact, I was doing everything in my power to make sure you didn't.

These are the sort of situations I often encounter. Gran has early stages of Alzhimiers and sis is in MH atm for her bipolar.

Anyway, I've developed a thicker skin than most :smile:. I feel alright now. Now have some friends and good acquaintances!

Glad you're feeling better now :console: That doesn't sound like the best day though :frown:
Ah that must be difficult :s-smilie: My mum's dad/my grandad had Alzheimers, though I never knew him sadly.
Good that managed to resolve stuff with sister too :smile:
Sorry too about results, but you should still be proud whatever :redface: Are you planning to resit/retake and things, or doing something through clearing? :smile:
Yays that you're alright now :biggrin:

I'm afraid I don't really have any advice at all :s-smilie: But :hugs:
*groans and rolls around on the floor dramatically* ugh back aches, need a hot water bottle or something but dont actually have one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Original post by Odd socks
*groans and rolls around on the floor dramatically* ugh back aches, need a hot water bottle or something but dont actually have one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wet a flannel with with hot water or microwave it damp but make sure you ring it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic

Grandma on Thursday
A couple hours later

Sister today

Damn, you don't have it easy bud :hugs: I can't even begin to think how i'd cope with stuff like that...

Thick skin for sure, with a lot of willpower and inner strength. It's good to hear you have some good friends now, they can be so helpful for getting you through rough times. Being able to see positives despite what you're dealing with can't come easy :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you could fill up a bottle with hot water and wrap it in a blanket? Then tape it to your back or something, idk x]
My auntie didnt go to uni until she was in her 30s or 40s
And remember not all degrees are academic!
I did/still doing a vocational degree with a placement module in each year because im about as non academic as they come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had a few people suggest to me to try Nursing, because it's fully funded by the NHS and it's supposed to be easy to get a nursing job anywhere, and it pays fairly well. But, nursing just doesn't really interest very much, and I have a feeling I'd get rejected from it anyway for a lack of passion.

Business is something I've been considering, although it is quite generic and not the most valuable degree, but maybe it's something easy enough that I could do decently in. Thanks for your replies :smile:

Original post by purple-duck

I'm afraid I don't really have any advice at all :s-smilie: But :hugs:

purple-duck
Glad you're feeling better now
That doesn't sound like the best day though
Ah that must be difficult My mum's dad/my grandad had Alzheimers, though I never knew him sadly.
Good that managed to resolve stuff with sister too
Sorry too about results, but you should still be proud whatever Are you planning to resit/retake and things, or doing something through clearing?
Yays that you're alright now

Thanks PD. It really wasn't. My self pity was over 9000. It was also a struggle to keep the jealousy at a 0 and to be nice and supportive to my friends.

Oh no. That is a shame.

Thanks. I'm not really proud. If it's any consolation, I'll never be happy with my grades. Last year I cried because I got a B in Chemistry. If I got all A*s, I'd be crying I didn't get 100s. Though of course...I had due cause this year :tongue:.

Nah, not clearing. I need to take my gap years for my gran's sake.
Damn, you don't have it easy bud :hugs: I can't even begin to think how i'd cope with stuff like that...

Thick skin for sure, with a lot of willpower and inner strength. It's good to hear you have some good friends now, they can be so helpful for getting you through rough times. Being able to see positives despite what you're dealing with can't come easy :hugs:

Maybe you could fill up a bottle with hot water and wrap it in a blanket? Then tape it to your back or something, idk x]

Wet a flannel with with hot water or microwave it damp but make sure you ring it out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the ideas guys :hugs: getting real tired of this whole being female business :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Mm. Hmmmm, I wouldn't say I cope. I either avoid the issue or I allow it to eat away at my personality or our realationship/

Hmmm, I may have given the wrong impression. I complain a lot and I have on occasion had angry outbursts. Particularly with gran.
I've never been the perfect little boy who suffers with a smile and in silence :tongue:.

But thanks :smile:
Reply 213
I've had a few people suggest to me to try Nursing, because it's fully funded by the NHS and it's supposed to be easy to get a nursing job anywhere, and it pays fairly well. But, nursing just doesn't really interest very much, and I have a feeling I'd get rejected from it anyway for a lack of passion.

Business is something I've been considering, although it is quite generic and not the most valuable degree, but maybe it's something easy enough that I could do decently in. Thanks for your replies :smile:

Yeah i wouldnt suggest doing a degree if your not interested, especially something like nursing!!

Youl have to go through ucas and find out what business related courses there are :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Thanks for the ideas guys :hugs: getting real tired of this whole being female business :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you get paid invest in a hot water bottle :yep: i have one with a dog cover and one with a fluffy cover, best things i got. Ever :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
really don't know what to do anymore, just feel so lost, I hate so much about myself & the world & I feel so empty & sad all the time.

I just want to stop feeling like this but I don't see how.

I can't keep existing like this, it's too much, I just can't, I want out, but there is no way out.

:hi: Welcome to the thread :biggrin:

-------------------------------------

Hope everyone's alright :hugs:

Thank you. ^_^
Sorry for the late reply D: :hide:
:colondollar: Ah okay :redface: You did! Should be very proud :smile: :hugs:
Ah nice beach is good :gah: oo good :smile: Get that myself with a fair few things :s-smilie: Anxious and then it all turns out fine :h:
I’m possibly the opposite :tongue: In that we watched a fair few classics when we were younger (jungle book, lion king, others :dontknow: :biggrin:) but nowadays I think the only ones I’ve watched have been tangled and frozen! :eek: Definitely :yep:
Yeah :s-smilie: OH How did they go? :smile: I think I remember you posting but I can’t remember :s-smilie: (Sorry :eek:)

Oops- pressed send before I'd even written the reply :colondollar:

Not your fault! Are you feeling a bit better now?

I love beaches, wish I lived near one! Yeah I did it with d of e, and last weekend, and going away with my cousins next week which I'm really worried about but hoping it will be the same :s-smilie: That said, was so worried about last weekends it kind of made me partially forget about results until a couple of days before so that was good!

I haven't seen tangled! I remember jungle book, hadn't seen lion king until last year though I don't think but it's amazinggg :biggrin:

Got ABC which wasn't what I needed but I'm happy :smile: Hopefully going to retake a couple next year as one of the physics modules (B) was a D and the further maths A2s (C) were CEU as they were at the end when I was really ill :frown:

How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry for taking an age to reply :/ Maybe not so relevant now, but I hope not :redface:
I feel honoured to have inspired the name for one of your pens :biggrin: Been packing/organising stationary for next year yesterday, not sure whether to bring all the nice stuff, or just what I’m likely to need… :beard: Haha :tongue: Glad I’m not alone with that then :lol: Though while each note/piece of paper is neat I’m afraid they’re all disorganised until after my exams :rolleyes: Haha :tongue: This just reminds me of David Mitchell’s 3 point pen policy :colondollar: (Would I Lie to You on TV :smile:)
I’ll just hide from this :colondollar: You really needn’t apologise though :nah:
I hope you’re feeling a bit better now? :hugs: How was Harry Potter?! :biggrin: Yep :redface: Def understand! Parents away on holiday from tomorrow, but sadly only got 2-3 days by myself, before auntie + cousin + some of their friends come to stay in the house :unimpressed: They’ve been told to give me space by parents, but I’m not sure they will to the extent I’d like (i.e. act completely as if I’m not there :colondollar: :redface:)
Haha, I’m too timid I think to properly tell them to close the door :tongue: It feels like a semi-unreasonable thing to get stroppy about, even if I do inside :tongue:
I’m going down hill unfortunately since being ill, but :dontknow: How’re you now? :smile:

It's okay haha. I'll make sure this year to name one penelope, just for you :tongue: I still haven't bough ANYTHING for uni yet, but I only just found out on Thursday that ill be moving out (kinda scared), so now i can start shopping properly for things to take! Hopefully i'll have money for pretty stationary. Feel free to donate any unwanted stationary :lol:
yeah I'm feeling pretty much fine now, just a cough! I was up ALL night on wednesday constantly choking -.- harry potter was really good too, but it would have been better if i hadn't have been ill, but oh well :smile:
ooh i LOVE being home alone, suuuuuch a nice feeling to know that i can do whatever i want and there'll be no one to tell me off or whatever (not that i do anything i shouldn't :colondollar:) hahah. I'm sure it'll be fine when your cousins arrive, but you can always rant at me or whatever :smile: I just say to mine 'you do know the door was shut on the way in' and that tends to get them to come back and shut it tehe.
Sorry that you aren't feeling well, is there anything thats particularly the problem? :/ :hugs:I've been feeling relatively good since i found out my a levels and realised I'm not a complete failure :tongue: so atm I'm in a decent mood most of the time, but I'm starting to get some anxieties about going etc.

oh and, in relation to your other post about having done nothing this summer, that DOESNT MATTER. I've done nothing either, no job, rarely met up with friends, no organising for uni, and i honestly don't care, I've enjoyed myself and i've done the much needed relaxing before the next academic year starts. it honestly doesn't make you a failure or useless, you can spend your time doing whatever you want to do, and if that involves not feeling able to do 'normal' things, then thats perfectly okay! You're allowed to take time for yourself and hide for a while!
don't know why I even bother posting here anymore.

all this website seems to do is remind me how nobody wants to talk to a ****ed up loser like me or how the internet is full of right wing tossers.

meh.

Latest