What did I do? :innocent:
Original post by Black Rose
What did I do? :innocent:

Make th thread. Lol.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Make the thread. Lol.

Oh right :lol:
Original post by Marii101
Yeah I'm on AQA too. For Additional and Further you have the same two routes to follow, it's just that my school always uses the 2nd route. I did the A specification for Core Science. What I copied in the other post was from the specification. The B specification is completely different :tongue: Yeah, the two exams at the end of Yr11 are only for Further. I did Core in Yr 9 and Additional this year in Yr 10.:smile: You seem to understand it pretty well!:biggrin: Link to which specification? (Core, Additional or Further?) I'll link you my Core and Additional ones since I don't really know much about my Further one. I usually print the specification at the beginning of the new year.
Core spec: here
Additional spec: here
The one I'm doing on each is route 2 :smile: You should check the past papers to see how the exams differ. The first exam we take is the Unit 5 one, then we take the Unit 6 one after. You would take the exams listed under Unit 2. If you look at the January 2013 Unit 5 for core science and the June 2013 Unit 6 one, you'll be looking at my actual exam :eek:.

Oh I get it now! The way your school does it seems really good actually, and a lot simpler and less stressful! I wish I didn't have to take 9 all in one go :frown: as it's all on the same content as we do, just the exam is organised differently, it actually means I could use a lot more past papers to revise than I thought so thanks for that :biggrin:
It's not confusing at all now I get it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I'm nervous about year 11, but really excited too :smile:
Original post by Strom

Good luck :smile: What subjects are you doing?
Original post by Strom

Hey! Welcome to the thread! What subjects will you be taking and are you expecting any results on the 21st? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
Oh I get it now! The way your school does it seems really good actually, and a lot simpler and less stressful! I wish I didn't have to take 9 all in one go :frown: as it's all on the same content as we do, just the exam is organised differently, it actually means I could use a lot more past papers to revise than I thought so thanks for that :biggrin:
It's not confusing at all now I get it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad it's not confusing for you! Doing all of the exams in one go seems so much more stressful! Hopefully you'll be able to handle that when it comes to exam period, along with revision for your other subjects :s-smilie: Yeah feel free to use those other past papers too! When I exhausted the few Additional Science past papers there actually were I just did the exams that assess you on individual sciences.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marii101
Hey! Welcome to the thread! What subjects will you be taking and are you expecting any results on the 21st? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Triple science, maths, stats, double english, compsci, music, german, geog
I'm expecting a stats result in september :smile:
Original post by NathalieGW
Good luck :smile: What subjects are you doing?

Hey again
Original post by Archaeologist
Hey again

Ohhh hey there, how are you? Sundays are boring
Ohhh hey there, how are you? Sundays are boring

Yeah I'm good I have nothing as such planned today and you ?

Sundays are often rock climbing competitions but if not then I agree they're boring :frown:
Yeah I'm good I have nothing as such planned today and you ?

Sundays are often rock climbing competitions but if not then I agree they're boring :frown:

I'm OK, today I'm sitting a few Maths papers and possibly an Additional Science paper just to see how hard they are. Do you have any competitions on Saturdays and how often do you compete?
Original post by Mr...
'Ello Y11s

Are you the year below?
I'm OK, today I'm sitting a few Maths papers and possibly an Additional Science paper just to see how hard they are. Do you have any competitions on Saturdays and how often do you compete?

We do occasionally have Saturday competitions but its mainly a Sunday thing there are some weekday bmc competitions though for fast times and pbs

I tend to compete twice a month from march to September so I normally do 12 solid comps could do more but I'm still growing and get painful leg fatigue lol

Good luck with your revision I have done absolutely nothing in terms of revision
I don't have much time cos I'm always travelling around the country to excavations, competitions and stuff
Original post by Mr...
Yep! :smile:

Ah cool, have you got a year 10 thread yet?
We do occasionally have Saturday competitions but its mainly a Sunday thing there are some weekday bmc competitions though for fast times and pbs

I tend to compete twice a month from march to September so I normally do 12 solid comps could do more but I'm still growing and get painful leg fatigue lol

Good luck with your revision I have done absolutely nothing in terms of revision
I don't have much time cos I'm always travelling around the country to excavations, competitions and stuff

That's true, you mustn't over do it. I did that in swimming last season and I gained quite a few injuries, which not only affected my swimming but also my tennis performances. Have you ever considered mountain biking?

I'm always revising, I just like to know where I am at and which areas I can improve on; so that I can perform to the best of my ability in the exams. You could call me a perfectionist, practice makes perfect :smile: I did have that issue when I first started my GCSEs but now I've come to a good balance between my sports training and revision.

Latest