The Student Room Group

1st years looking for private accommodation at the University of Chester?

Anyone having to look for private accommodation at the University of Chester? A Level results didn't go my way so I'm heading to University of Chester to study History which was my insurance choice after I was rejected from my firm choice. As it was my insurance choice I'm not eligible for the university accommodation so have to look for private accommodation. I was wondering if there is anyone in a similar position to me and have to look for private accommodation for whatever reason to possibly share a house with. I would prefer to share with first years rather than people in their second year etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kerry09
Anyone having to look for private accommodation at the University of Chester? A Level results didn't go my way so I'm heading to University of Chester to study History which was my insurance choice after I was rejected from my firm choice. As it was my insurance choice I'm not eligible for the university accommodation so have to look for private accommodation. I was wondering if there is anyone in a similar position to me and have to look for private accommodation for whatever reason to possibly share a house with. I would prefer to share with first years rather than people in their second year etc.

Hello I'm in the same position :smile: I'm starting Chester universityin September and have been rejected from staying in halls and am looking for a flat mate to house share with :smile:
Are you sure? as I applied as insurance and they are still considering my application for accommodation. I phoned them on Thursday to double check.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah they sent me an email Saying that I live too close as I live in Crewe , but going to ring them to double check
That's a pain then! I hope they reply to me soon so I can get things sorted. I will go private if need be, just don't want to be with 2nd and 3rd years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Kerry09

Hey! I am studying law at UoC in september, I have also had to find private accommodation as i live so close to the Uni. I am staying in Trinity hall...its private halls about a 10 minute walk from campus :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scottwebster
That's a pain then! I hope they reply to me soon so I can get things sorted. I will go private if need be, just don't want to be with 2nd and 3rd years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I'd rather be with first years because they will be in the same boat :smile:
Reply 7
I emailed them and they said that they can't give me accommodation as it was my insurance choice. Is everyone just going to apply for private and hope others apply too?
Reply 8
Original post by HollieMariee
Hello I'm in the same position :smile: I'm starting Chester universityin September and have been rejected from staying in halls and am looking for a flat mate to house share with :smile:

I am so happy to hear that there are loads of other people having the same problem as me. Have you been looking at the private accommodation on Chesters website?
Reply 9
Original post by scottwebster

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is my fear as well to stay with second and third years as I would feel so awkward and they wouldn't be in the same boat as me. I think second and third years should have sorted their accommodation out by now so hopefully all the private accommodation which are currently empty should be filled by first years. Well thats what I was hoping anyway :/
Hey I'm gonna be a first year and Im looking for private accommodation, does anyone know of any rooms free? Im looking to share with other first years preferably! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chester provide some pages with private accommodation on them. That's really all I've seen so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh right okay thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey just seen this thread and I'm having the exact same problem. Except I'm in Mallorca til Thursday.... so I don't have a lot of time to organise stuff til then. Would be much appreciated if you guys could pot on here if you manage to find anything, especially with a spare room going haha :')
There's a company called urban student life. They have some pretty sweet rooms! The cost is a bit steep if you're on a budget at £130 a week. Thats before food and other costs to consider.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by ThomasCostello
Hey just seen this thread and I'm having the exact same problem. Except I'm in Mallorca til Thursday.... so I don't have a lot of time to organise stuff til then. Would be much appreciated if you guys could pot on here if you manage to find anything, especially with a spare room going haha :')

Do you have Facebook? It's easier to talk on there :smile:
Im in the same boat, I need someone to share accom with, preferrably first year guys.
Reply 17
Original post by BusheSCFC
Im in the same boat, I need someone to share accom with, preferrably first year guys.

Ah sorry I'm female haha :smile:
Original post by Kerry09
Ah sorry I'm female haha :smile:

Are there any males going to Chester haha
Would be great to get to know you guys. I'm studying Geography. Loved Chester when I visited and even though it was my insurance I'm well excited to go there :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending