The Student Room Group

A bit confused about one of my AS level results

In my Religious Studies AS unit 2 I got an A, so I'm pleased, but under the "marks equivalent" column it says "100", but the paper was only out of 90.

Can someone explain what the marks equivalent thing means?
Reply 1
I did my A levels so long ago.. I started them 8 or 9 years ago. But, I vaguely remember their being a thing called UMS, which is a way of uniformly distributing the marks from each module of an A level, so you can add them up at the end to get your overall grade. Probably because of different amount of marks available on different papers, and different values as well (I assume this is a thing, like some modules are worth 20% and some are worth 15% or whatever).

But like I said, I did this **** years ago.
Original post by mhsc
I did my A levels so long ago.. I started them 8 or 9 years ago. But, I vaguely remember their being a thing called UMS, which is a way of uniformly distributing the marks from each module of an A level, so you can add them up at the end to get your overall grade. Probably because of different amount of marks available on different papers, and different values as well (I assume this is a thing, like some modules are worth 20% and some are worth 15% or whatever).

But like I said, I did this **** years ago.

Ah yeah, that might be it! It also showed my overall result for my whole AS RS level, which was an A, and the column with the numbers showed 186 - which is obviously more than two 90 mark papers.

Quick Reply

Latest