The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do i have a chance of getting into lse

Hi...i have just received my as level results and was thinking about applying to lse for law

in my igcse i got 6a* 2a 1b

maths- a*
physics- a*
chemistry- a*
biology- a*
accounts- a*
french- a*
english- a
pure maths- a
i.c.t- b

and in my as level i got 3a 3b

maths- a
physics- a
law- a
history- b
accounts- b
chemistry- b

however im going to resit accounts in january.

So i would like to know whether i have a good chance of getting into lse. I am not very worried about extra curricular activities and sports since i have plenty of accolades in those areas.
Hey there,

I got 5 A*s, 5 As, 2 Bs and a C at GCSE so clearly not the best.

Take maths, physics and chemistry/ history to A2 and ask to your teacher to predict you an A.

You still definitely have a chance...

What are you hoping to apply for?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
HI...jake4198

I am continuing with Further Maths, Physics, Law, History and Accounts.

I want to apply for Law LLB

Are you also applying to LSE? Or are u already in LSE???
Original post by Arya J. Desai
HI...jake4198

I am continuing with Further Maths, Physics, Law, History and Accounts.

I want to apply for Law LLB

Are you also applying to LSE? Or are u already in LSE???

Accounts is not highly regarded nor necessary for LSE Law or by other universities either. Better to focus on 4As at the most. You may need to sit for LNAT or equivalent too. Won't prove anything and may show that you don't know what to focus on.
Hi people I would be grateful for help from someone with knowledge of LSEs selection process. I am wanting to apply for maths and Eco and /or business mathematics and stats. The entry requirements are A*AA and AAA respectively. I do double maths so we do all of maths a level in yr 12 and all further maths in year 13. In maths I got an A but the ums was very low at 81%. My c3c4 average was in the 70% range. I also got low A grades in as economics and chemistry and 90% ums in as physics. Basically do I have a chance of getting on either or both courses with these grades? I'm thinking that AAAA looks good in itself but I am not sure if LSE get access to unit grades and ums? I'm hoping they don't see my unit grades as I got B in about a third of my units which will almost certainly get me rejected. Also for maths and Eco I would need to get an A* in maths but I would have to retake c4 to get the A*, so do LSE take kindly to retakes considering I took maths in one yr ? My GCSEs are alright 5A* 4A and a btec pe distinction. Next yr I will be doing further maths physics and economics and retaking c4 in single maths.
thanks for any help and advice...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending